U.S. Takes Two Steps Toward Limiting Gun Violence: Model Legislation And Rifle Restrictions

I hope this helps. I sure don't think that those accessories that convert a pistol into a rifle should be sold without a background check.

I also don't think that a person should be able to create their own weapon on a 3D printer either.

I think sending out suggestions for legislation to the states is a good idea but I doubt some states will pay any attention to it.

We'll take those "suggestions" and use them to wipe our corny-shit asses!

Machine guns or Valhalla!

I hope this helps. I sure don't think that those accessories that convert a pistol into a rifle should be sold without a background check.

I also don't think that a person should be able to create their own weapon on a 3D printer either.

I think sending out suggestions for legislation to the states is a good idea but I doubt some states will pay any attention to it.

You wany people to have to undergo a background check to buy a pistol brace? They already had to undergo a background check to buy the fucking pistol...lol

What does it take to make a gun? Some metal. Pig Iron as one example. A bit of wood. And some basic tools. Oh. A little know how to make it exceptional. But you could do it with basic metalworking knowledge.

Of course if you want more advanced. You can do that too.

Basically similar tools and a much different result.

Dumbass. The gun is the tool. The person using it is the weapon. Find a way to get rid of the people who will use a gun for offense then you won't need gun control.

Whats that? Make Love not war?
You should go to the border and strap your ass over a saw horse and let the illegals make love not war.

3D printed gun are very specialized tool for removing fingers and hands. They have no other practical use aside from the aforementioned amputation purposes.
I've never owned one. (A 3D printed gun)
So I can't comment.

As someone with experience in both firearms and 3d printing... I can say with confidence that brittle plastic such as ABS or PLA (the most widely used plastics for printing) with their low melting points (around 200C) would be less than ideal for making a firearm.

You can 3d print with metal as well.

Not with any machine that anyone would associate with what is commonly known as a 3D printer.

What are commonly called "metal filaments" are actually plastic filaments with a minute portion of metal powder mixed in. It's supposed to make the plastic look like metal (it actually doesn't) but provides absolutely none of thr structural qualities of metal.

If you're going to manufacture guns from CAD files, ypu would use CNC, which is like 3d printing in usage, but exactly the opposite, it takes away materials instead of depositing material, so, with the right machine, you can build in any material that is softer than the steel cutting tools.

These machines are common, they've been around for decades, and people have them in home workshops.

On the other hand, you can make perfectly usable firearms with common shop tools or even hand tools. The instructions, plans, and templates are for sale on Amazon.

If you wanted to make firearms by hand, nothing would stop you. People have been doing that for centuries.

It can be done with 3D printers that are readily available.
They use high tec metals that I've machined many times in my life such as Inconel 625,17-4 stainless,H13 tool steel and A2 and D2 tool steel.
And ceramic as well.
In most cases these dont need to be machined after printing unless they require really close tolerances.
3D printing will replace most machining processes eventually as they refine the process.
I was around when CNC's took over manual machining in the early 80's. They were run by tape,as in punched tape before they went to computers.
3D printers can print in steel? I didn't know that.

Rolls Royce uses 3D printing to manufacture the fuel pumps in their jet engines.

It's pretty amazing machinery.

Both are stupid ideas...pistol braces, you dumb ass....are for gun owners who have a physical disability....you are discriminating against the handicapped you idiot.....

3D printers....you are a fascist....

Neither thing helps criminals...they are simply more ways to harrass normal gun owners....

You should go to the border and strap your ass over a saw horse and let the illegals make love not war.

3D printed gun are very specialized tool for removing fingers and hands. They have no other practical use aside from the aforementioned amputation purposes.
So I can't comment.

As someone with experience in both firearms and 3d printing... I can say with confidence that brittle plastic such as ABS or PLA (the most widely used plastics for printing) with their low melting points (around 200C) would be less than ideal for making a firearm.

Not with any machine that anyone would associate with what is commonly known as a 3D printer.

What are commonly called "metal filaments" are actually plastic filaments with a minute portion of metal powder mixed in. It's supposed to make the plastic look like metal (it actually doesn't) but provides absolutely none of thr structural qualities of metal.

If you're going to manufacture guns from CAD files, ypu would use CNC, which is like 3d printing in usage, but exactly the opposite, it takes away materials instead of depositing material, so, with the right machine, you can build in any material that is softer than the steel cutting tools.

These machines are common, they've been around for decades, and people have them in home workshops.

On the other hand, you can make perfectly usable firearms with common shop tools or even hand tools. The instructions, plans, and templates are for sale on Amazon.

If you wanted to make firearms by hand, nothing would stop you. People have been doing that for centuries.

They use high tec metals that I've machined many times in my life such as Inconel 625,17-4 stainless,H13 tool steel and A2 and D2 tool steel.
And ceramic as well.
In most cases these dont need to be machined after printing unless they require really close tolerances.
3D printing will replace most machining processes eventually as they refine the process.
I was around when CNC's took over manual machining in the early 80's. They were run by tape,as in punched tape before they went to computers.

Rolls Royce uses 3D printing to manufacture the fuel pumps in their jet engines.

Are those fuel pumps metal? I don't understand how a 3d printer can print in metal.

So I can't comment.

And ceramic as well.

Are those fuel pumps metal? I don't understand how a 3d printer can print in metal.
I'll be darned, I guess those 3d printers can fabricate metal parts. I am going to have to research this technology, I wonder how they do it.

So I can't comment.

And ceramic as well.

So I can't comment.

And ceramic as well.

Thanks, as soon as I posted that a searched it out. Interesting.

So I can't comment.

And ceramic as well.

I'll be darned, I guess those 3d printers can fabricate metal parts. I am going to have to research this technology, I wonder how they do it.

Metal particles that are laser welded into the shapes they want.

So I can't comment.

And ceramic as well.

Metal particles that are laser welded into the shapes they want.
I watched the video, very informative.

You'd be correct about that. In fact, as of today, 61% of all counties in the U.S. have passed some form of law creating 2A "sanctuaries" within their jurisdictions. IOW, Biden's ATF, DHS, and any other alphabet agency can use THEIR resources to enforce any 2A infringements. They'll not be receiving a pennies worth of assistance in those efforts.

Both are dumb and do nothing....which is what they want.......

600 million guns in private hands. Over 19.4 million Americans can legally carry guns in public for self defense.

These gun owners and these people carrying guns commit no gun crime and no gun murder.

The criminals who actually are using guns for crime and murder have criminal records, have been captured by the police, and then are released by democrat party judges, prosecutors and politicians.

You can't push gun control if you don't have gun crime and gun murder....which is one of the reasons the democrat party keeps releasing known, repeat, violent gun offenders......they need these criminals out in democrat party controlled neighborhoods shooting people, since normal gun owners don't use their guns for crime........

The way you stop gun crime?

I support a life sentence on any criminal who uses a gun for an actual gun crime..... and 30 years if a criminal is caught in possession of a gun, even if they are not using it at that moment for crime.

This will dry up gun crime over night. Criminals will stop using guns for robberies, rapes and murders.....and those who do will be gone forever......

Criminals will also stop walking around with guns in their pants......which is the leading cause of random gang shootings in our cities. if they are stopped by police, with a gun in their pants, they are gone for 30 years...they will stop carrying those guns, and random gang violence will end.

You implement this with two other things...

1) No More Bargaining Away the Gun Charge.........it must be against the law to bargain away a gun charge as part of a plea deal....this stops.

2) When a criminal is arrested for any crime, and booked in...they will be read the announcement that any use of a gun in a crime is a life sentence without parole, owning or carrying a gun as a felon is a 30 year sentence without parole....when they are released from custody...the same will be read to them again....when they meet their parole officer it will be read to them again.....the U.S. government will also buy and send out Public announcements on this policy on t.v. radio. and cable......

That is how you stop gun crime over night.

Mass shooters are different..... but with only 93 people killed in mass public shootings in 2018, they are not the major problem in gun crime.

The value in my plan......it actually targets the individuals actually using guns to commit crimes and murder people....

It does not require new background check laws, it does not require gun licensing, licensing gun owners, gun registration, new taxes, fees or regulations on guns...

By making gun crime a life sentence, criminals will stop using guns for crime and will stop carrying guns around for protection.....

Also....a nurse, with a legal gun, driving from Pennsylvania, to New Jersey, will not be considered a gun criminal.....that will end. Criminals with a record of crime, caught with a gun will get 30 years, no deals.....and criminals who use guns for actual crime...robbing the local store, rape, robbery, murder.....life without parole...

This, of course, eliminates the need for more gun control laws...we can already do this.....

Mass shooters

1) end gun free zones

2) get the media to stop covering mass shootings like it is the Oscars.....

3) We are already seeing this...get people who know these nuts to report these nuts....

4) Make sure the police who know these nuts arrest these nuts when they have the chance so they will pop on background checks....

What does each do to stop mass shooters....

1) keeps shooters from targeting people, since they target gun free zones.

2) The media not covering it like they are the criminal oscars deters copycats...just like they stopped covering teen suicides to stop the copycat effect

3) The only way to stop mass shooters, since they commit no other crime, is for family, coworkers and neighbors to report their violent behavior....the Odessa shooter should have felonies for the crimes he was committing but they didn't report his shooting his weapon from his front porch....

4) The Parkland shooter had 33 contacts with police and numerous contacts with police at his school.....due to Obama's "Promise Program" the police never arrested him for the felonies he committed....so he didn't pop on the background check..

Both are dumb and do nothing....which is what they want.......

600 million guns in private hands. Over 19.4 million Americans can legally carry guns in public for self defense.

These gun owners and these people carrying guns commit no gun crime and no gun murder.

The criminals who actually are using guns for crime and murder have criminal records, have been captured by the police, and then are released by democrat party judges, prosecutors and politicians.

You can't push gun control if you don't have gun crime and gun murder....which is one of the reasons the democrat party keeps releasing known, repeat, violent gun offenders......they need these criminals out in democrat party controlled neighborhoods shooting people, since normal gun owners don't use their guns for crime........

The way you stop gun crime?

I support a life sentence on any criminal who uses a gun for an actual gun crime..... and 30 years if a criminal is caught in possession of a gun, even if they are not using it at that moment for crime.

This will dry up gun crime over night. Criminals will stop using guns for robberies, rapes and murders.....and those who do will be gone forever......

Criminals will also stop walking around with guns in their pants......which is the leading cause of random gang shootings in our cities. if they are stopped by police, with a gun in their pants, they are gone for 30 years...they will stop carrying those guns, and random gang violence will end.

You implement this with two other things...

1) No More Bargaining Away the Gun Charge.........it must be against the law to bargain away a gun charge as part of a plea deal....this stops.

2) When a criminal is arrested for any crime, and booked in...they will be read the announcement that any use of a gun in a crime is a life sentence without parole, owning or carrying a gun as a felon is a 30 year sentence without parole....when they are released from custody...the same will be read to them again....when they meet their parole officer it will be read to them again.....the U.S. government will also buy and send out Public announcements on this policy on t.v. radio. and cable......

That is how you stop gun crime over night.

Mass shooters are different..... but with only 93 people killed in mass public shootings in 2018, they are not the major problem in gun crime.

The value in my plan......it actually targets the individuals actually using guns to commit crimes and murder people....

It does not require new background check laws, it does not require gun licensing, licensing gun owners, gun registration, new taxes, fees or regulations on guns...

By making gun crime a life sentence, criminals will stop using guns for crime and will stop carrying guns around for protection.....

Also....a nurse, with a legal gun, driving from Pennsylvania, to New Jersey, will not be considered a gun criminal.....that will end. Criminals with a record of crime, caught with a gun will get 30 years, no deals.....and criminals who use guns for actual crime...robbing the local store, rape, robbery, murder.....life without parole...

This, of course, eliminates the need for more gun control laws...we can already do this.....

Mass shooters

1) end gun free zones

2) get the media to stop covering mass shootings like it is the Oscars.....

3) We are already seeing this...get people who know these nuts to report these nuts....

4) Make sure the police who know these nuts arrest these nuts when they have the chance so they will pop on background checks....

What does each do to stop mass shooters....

1) keeps shooters from targeting people, since they target gun free zones.

2) The media not covering it like they are the criminal oscars deters copycats...just like they stopped covering teen suicides to stop the copycat effect

3) The only way to stop mass shooters, since they commit no other crime, is for family, coworkers and neighbors to report their violent behavior....the Odessa shooter should have felonies for the crimes he was committing but they didn't report his shooting his weapon from his front porch....

4) The Parkland shooter had 33 contacts with police and numerous contacts with police at his school.....due to Obama's "Promise Program" the police never arrested him for the felonies he committed....so he didn't pop on the background check..
And, repeal the Hughes Amendment.

Forum List

Back