UK : Happy New Year!

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
UK is excited about the new year - 2015. That is the spirit.

---

Britain-2015-New-Year-Celebration-celebrating-the-new-year-2015-549639.jpg

New Year 2015 LIVE Britain counts down to London and Edinburgh firework displays UK News Daily Express

HOGMANAY???? is that something edible?----like an animal
part filled up with oatmeal and boiled?

Well, I have 20 people coming over for appetizers, cocktails, more cocktails, King Crab Legs, assorted veggies and Champagne.
So,,,,HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
PEACE AND LOVE!!!

My wife and I just came back from a dinner at a restaurant in St Helena, California. I only had two glasses of wine and a glass of champagne and I feel drunk. I hope to stay up till 12am.

Happy New Year!

HOGMANAY???? is that something edible?----like an animal
part filled up with oatmeal and boiled?

Scottish folks know how to have fun :)

---

Hogmanay (Scots: [ˌhoɡməˈneː], hug-mə-nay, Scottish English: [ˌhɔɡməˈneː] hog-mə-nay) is the Scots word for the last day of the year and is synonymous with the celebration of the New Year (Gregorian calendar) in the Scottish manner. However, it is normally only the start of a celebration that lasts through the night until the morning of New Year's Day (1 January) or, in some cases, 2 January—a Scottish Bank Holiday.

Hogmanay - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Check out this video of Hogmanay celebration that just took place in Edinburgh, Scotland. The firework was amazing.

Video Edinburgh Hogmanay fireworks display 2015 - The Scotsman
WOW!!!! They sure bring in the new year with a BANG!

The celebration of Hogmanay in the countryside of Scotland is even more surreal. You almost feel like you have gone back in the medieval time.
I had an international customer that I handmade a large basket for last year at Christmas time who was from Scotland and she wished me a wonderful Hogmanay... And of course I could not google it quick enough to figure out what in the world a Hogmanay was....and I read that all of our New Years celebrations actually might have been spread from this celebration of theirs...

Champagne vs White Wine

I think white wine is more fun. When I was having dinner, I mostly drank white wine and it put me in a great mood. Then after dinner, I started drinking champagne. First of all it destroyed the high thing I was feeling. Then it started giving me headache. I am down to the last glass of champagne and I cannot even finish it. I think next time, I am just sticking with the white wine. I think champagne thing is overrated.

Check out this video of Hogmanay celebration that just took place in Edinburgh, Scotland. The firework was amazing.

The celebration of Hogmanay in the countryside of Scotland is even more surreal. You almost feel like you have gone back in the medieval time.
I had an international customer that I handmade a large basket for last year at Christmas time who was from Scotland and she wished me a wonderful Hogmanay... And of course I could not google it quick enough to figure out what in the world a Hogmanay was....and I read that all of our New Years celebrations actually might have been spread from this celebration of theirs...

I agree. Traditionally they paint their body in blue and dance under fire. Of course they drink scotch all night long as well.

I agree. Traditionally they paint their body in blue and dance under fire. Of course they drink scotch all night long as well.
and begin the next morning with the Scotch as well, i'll bet! :D

Forum List

Back