🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

UN-Privatize Baseball Now. PLEEEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call you a liar right now, for what you just said in this post, you liar. You said I "want the government to steal MLB from the owners".

That's a LIE. I never said "steal".YOU deceitfully, said that.

HERE is what I said > (quoted right out of the OP) > "For the Rays (similar scenario for other teams), I suggest that they be bought by the 3 counties of Pinellas, Hillsborough, and Manatee,.."

Now lets' see if you've got the guts to stand up straight and tall like a man, and apologize. But I won't expect you to. Surprise me.

Oh please, you want to challenge me to be a man and admit that I lied, when you have spent 3 or 4 pages dancing and denying your lie?? LOL!! Your hypocrisy is amazing.

And yes, you want to STEAL the teams. You have said you wantto gov't to take them over, and not to pay what the teams are worth. And you demand that the gov't take them over whether the owners wish to or not. You demand that the gov't take something worth far more than they will be paid for it, and the owners have no choice. That is stealing.

Just as I thought. You are too much of a wimpy, jellyfish coward to admit you were wrong.

Here's YOUR words > "Someone stated that the Packers were bought by the fans. You stated that you had been telling me that was what should happen. But that was absolutely NOT what you had been saying should happen. You have been saying you want the government to steal MLB from the owners. That is not the same as fans BUYING the team from owners."

Here's MY words (from the OP) > "For the Rays (similar scenario for other teams), I suggest that they be bought by the 3 counties of Pinellas, Hillsborough, and Manatee,.."

And I didn't say I don't want to pay what the teams are worth. I do want to the Counties (as I said in the OP) to buy the teams and I would want them to pay what they are worth. But just because you grab some idiotic number from Forbes magazine as being what the team is worth, that doesn't mean I have to accept it. NO. Of course I don't accept that moronic figure. Again you're putting words in my mouth all based on your wrong conceptions of what is and what should be, which means as much to me as a rock in the bottom of a pond.

Obviously, you lied, and now you're lying to try to cover it up, because you're too much of a weakling wuss to stand up and admit that either you lied, or miscalculated and made a mistake. You're PATHETIC. :slap:

Right, because Forbes is known for not understanding financial matters, right?

LOL! Your hypocrisy is growing even greater.

You start with an insane idea. You get called on a lie. You deny and dance around about your lie. Then you call someone else names for what you claim was a lie.

If you are not paying the owners what financial experts say is the worth, and you are taking their property whether they want to sell or not, you are stealing it. Period.

LMAO!! There is no methodology in determining worth? You are obviously ignorant (whether willfully so or not) on this topic.
You WISH free agency was not valid. But the governing body of MLB, the owners, and the players agree that there is. You can claim whatever you want, but it is a part of baseball now.
Being owned by the gov't is being owned by the people. But that is not the same as being owned by stockholders. What the gov't owns is owned by every single citizen in the nation. The Packers are owned by stockholders. That means fans that did more than whine. They put up their own money to BUY the team.
So no, what you were saying was not the same as what Pogo said about "Hey, the Packers did it".

1. As is your usual tactic, you pretend that I said something I didn't, and then you proceed to attack me for saying that thing which I did NOT say. No, Mr. Straw Man. I did NOT say "There is no methodology in determining worth" :lol: I believe you've been going to this well many times too many now. YOU said those words, not me. In fact, By my saying that the Rays fans, through their County govts, should BUY the team, that is a clear definition that I DO conceive of some "methodology in determining worth" because the Counties woud have to have that to determine what to pay for the team. Looks like you hung yourself again.

2. As for what is a part of baseball now, that is as meaningful to me, as a carpet full of fleas, which gets treated to repair that situation. :lol:

3. As for your dopey post about the Packers, as the Rock of WWE fame would say, IT DOESN'T MATTER whether fans buy a team as stockholders or as citizens. The important thing is that the team be owned by the fans, so yes, what I said is about the same as what Pogo said.

Strike 1. Strike 2. Strike 3. YOU'RE OUT (AGAIN)

No, what you have been saying is NOT the same as what Pogo said. Pogo talked about fans buying the team. That is not the same as being gov't owned.

In fact, you even said the same thing when you stated "You got 2 things wrong . 1.) I'm talking about the teams being govt owned, not "private enterprise".

So no, you were NOT saying what Pogo said.

And yes, free agency is a part of baseball. The governing body agrees it does. The owners agree it does. And the players agree it does. You denying that it is valid is completely meaningless.

1. Fundamentally, it is the same. Bottom line > fans own the team (both cases)

2. Are you retarded ? All you're talking about is the PRESENT, STUPIDLY MANAGED game of pro baseball. I'm talking about what it SHOULD BE, not what it is. I already explained this free agency thing to you (twice I think). For the 3rd time Mr. Dense, IT DOESN'T MATTER what the owners agree. Or the governing body. The most important element in this is THE FANS. They are who make it all happen. You can replace the owners. YOu can relplace the governing bodies. You can replace the players (I know some pretty good players who will play for $12/hour) :D But you can't replace THE FANS. Take them away from the stadiums and their TV sets, and you HAVE NO PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL. Free agency is not valid because it is bad for the fans, and if baseball had been managed properly in the 70s, (by the FANS), free agency would have never come into existence.

Last edited:
1. As is your usual tactic, you pretend that I said something I didn't, and then you proceed to attack me for saying that thing which I did NOT say. No, Mr. Straw Man. I did NOT say "There is no methodology in determining worth" :lol: I believe you've been going to this well many times too many now. YOU said those words, not me. In fact, By my saying that the Rays fans, through their County govts, should BUY the team, that is a clear definition that I DO conceive of some "methodology in determining worth" because the Counties woud have to have that to determine what to pay for the team. Looks like you hung yourself again.

2. As for what is a part of baseball now, that is as meaningful to me, as a carpet full of fleas, which gets treated to repair that situation. :lol:

3. As for your dopey post about the Packers, as the Rock of WWE fame would say, IT DOESN'T MATTER whether fans buy a team as stockholders or as citizens. The important thing is that the team be owned by the fans, so yes, what I said is about the same as what Pogo said.

Strike 1. Strike 2. Strike 3. YOU'RE OUT (AGAIN)

No, what you have been saying is NOT the same as what Pogo said. Pogo talked about fans buying the team. That is not the same as being gov't owned.

In fact, you even said the same thing when you stated "You got 2 things wrong . 1.) I'm talking about the teams being govt owned, not "private enterprise".

And yes, free agency is a part of baseball. The governing body agrees it does. The owners agree it does. And the players agree it does. You denying that it is valid is completely meaningless.

2. Are you retarded ? All you're talking about is the PRESENT, STUPIDLY MANAGED game of pro baseball. I'm talking about what it SHOULD BE, not what it is. I already explained this free agency thing to you (twice I think). For the 3rd time Mr. Dense, IT DOESN'T MATTER what the owners agree. Or the governing body. The most important element in this is THE FANS. They are who make it all happen. You can replace the owners. YOu can relplace the governing bodies. You can replace the players (I know some pretty good players who will play for $12/hour) :D But you can't replace THE FANS. Take them away from the stadiums and their TV sets, and you HAVE NO PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL. Free agency is not valid because it is bad for the fans, and if baseball had been managed properly in the 70s, (by the FANS), free agency would have never come into existence.

What?? The team being owned by stockholders is fundamentally the same as the team being owned by the gov't? That is absolutely ridiculous.

Whether the fans would have allowed free agency or not, it is a part of baseball now. Unless you can get the rules changed.

Oh please, you want to challenge me to be a man and admit that I lied, when you have spent 3 or 4 pages dancing and denying your lie?? LOL!! Your hypocrisy is amazing.

And yes, you want to STEAL the teams. You have said you wantto gov't to take them over, and not to pay what the teams are worth. And you demand that the gov't take them over whether the owners wish to or not. You demand that the gov't take something worth far more than they will be paid for it, and the owners have no choice. That is stealing.

Just as I thought. You are too much of a wimpy, jellyfish coward to admit you were wrong.

Here's YOUR words > "Someone stated that the Packers were bought by the fans. You stated that you had been telling me that was what should happen. But that was absolutely NOT what you had been saying should happen. You have been saying you want the government to steal MLB from the owners. That is not the same as fans BUYING the team from owners."

Here's MY words (from the OP) > "For the Rays (similar scenario for other teams), I suggest that they be bought by the 3 counties of Pinellas, Hillsborough, and Manatee,.."

And I didn't say I don't want to pay what the teams are worth. I do want to the Counties (as I said in the OP) to buy the teams and I would want them to pay what they are worth. But just because you grab some idiotic number from Forbes magazine as being what the team is worth, that doesn't mean I have to accept it. NO. Of course I don't accept that moronic figure. Again you're putting words in my mouth all based on your wrong conceptions of what is and what should be, which means as much to me as a rock in the bottom of a pond.

Obviously, you lied, and now you're lying to try to cover it up, because you're too much of a weakling wuss to stand up and admit that either you lied, or miscalculated and made a mistake. You're PATHETIC. :slap:

You start with an insane idea. You get called on a lie. You deny and dance around about your lie. Then you call someone else names for what you claim was a lie.

If you are not paying the owners what financial experts say is the worth, and you are taking their property whether they want to sell or not, you are stealing it. Period.
Clueless. Do I have to provide you the links of sportswriters who write that Forbes is clueless on major league baseball ? ANd do I have to point out YET AGAIN ? ..that Forbes is talking about the CURRENT mish-mash of the money hustlers, WHICH DOESN'T MEAN A SPECK IN THE COSMOS TO ME.

EARTH TO YESTERDAYBORN: Forbes are not "financial experts" regarding a community controlled baseball team. Those duds have probably never even heard of the idea. And again, amazingly :lol: you are talking to me about stealing a team, which I specified in the OP should be BOUGHT, and then reprimanded you twice for lying that I had said to steal it, only to have you come in here now and LIE AGAIN by saying I was suggesting the team should be stolen, when I proved that FALSE twice just now, by posting both your FALSE words and my TRUE words.

I think the time has come to report you again for trolling. Whether the weak-willed mods do anything or not, whatever, but you are clearly in the realm of major HARASSMENT, so reporting has to be done.

Last edited:

Whether the fans would have allowed free agency or not, it is a part of baseball now. Unless you can get the rules changed.

Unless I can get the rules changed. HA HA HA! Well that's what we've been talking about for over 200 posts now, haven't you noticed ? ALL the rules. Pheeeeeww!! (high-pitched whistle) :eusa_whistle: :rolleyes:

EARTH TO YB: It is a part of money-hustling, greed freaking, reckless, money-grabbing "baseball now" And that, and only that. Nothing more. Which doesn't rate for a hill of beans. Is this starting to focus for you now

Last edited:
What?? The team being owned by stockholders is fundamentally the same as the team being owned by the gov't? That is absolutely ridiculous.

Not at all. Fundamentally, it is the same. Bottom line > fans own the team (both cases)
Some people need to be told twice (or is it 3 ?, ; or 4 ? ; or 5 ?) :eusa_whistle:

Clueless. Do I have to provide you the links of sportswriters who write that Forbes is clueless on major league baseball ? ANd do I have to point out YET AGAIN ? ..that Forbes is talking about the CURRENT mish-mash of the money hustlers, WHICH DOESN'T MEAN A SPECK IN THE COSMOS TO ME.

EARTH TO YESTERDAYBORN: Forbes are not "financial experts" regarding a community controlled baseball team. Those duds have probably never even heard of the idea. And again, amazingly :lol: you are talking to me about stealing a team, which I specified in the OP should be BOUGHT, and then reprimanded you twice for lying that I had said to steal it, only to have you come in here now and LIE AGAIN by saying I was suggesting the team should be stolen, when I proved that FALSE twice just now, by posting both your FALSE words and my TRUE words.

I think the time has come to report you again for trolling. Whether the weak-willed mods do anything or not, whatever, but you are clearly in the realm of major HARASSMENT, so reporting has to be done.

I love that you call anyone who argues with you repeatedly as Troll. If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

And I am not saying that Forbes knows about baseball. I am saying they are experts on financial matters. The worth of a MLB team, as a business, is purely a financial matter. If you are going to BUY the team, you have to pay what the owner asks or what an expert deems the team to be worth.

And since you are not even giving the owners a chance to refuse to sell, and you have repeatedly mocked Forbes assessment of a teams financial worth as astronomically high, you are advocating stealing the team.

Not at all. Fundamentally, it is the same. Bottom line > fans own the team (both cases)
Some people need to be told twice (or is it 3 ?, ; or 4 ? ; or 5 ?) :eusa_whistle:

Repeating a lie does not change the fact that it is a lie.

Your claim that fans buying stock is fundamentally the same a gov't takeover of MLB is ridiculous.

A publically traded company is not the same as gov't property. Whether there are fans in both camps is not relevant. I'm sure the owners of MLB teams are fans too. So, fundamentally, nothing would change.

Last edited:

Unless I can get the rules changed. HA HA HA! Well that's what we've been talking about for over 200 posts now, haven't you noticed ? ALL the rules. Pheeeeeww!! (high-pitched whistle) :eusa_whistle: :rolleyes:

EARTH TO YB: It is a part of money-hustling, greed freaking, reckless, money-grabbing "baseball now" And that, and only that. Nothing more. Which doesn't rate for a hill of beans. Is this starting to focus for you now

What we have been talking about is the ownership of MLB. Once again, the two are not the same thing. You could change ownership and never change a single rule. In fact, free agency could well continue if all the teams were bought by the fans. And rules change regularly, without a change in ownership.

Your claim that fans buying stock is fundamentally the same a gov't takeover of MLB is ridiculous.

A publically traded company is not the same as gov't property. Whether there are fans in both camps is not relevant. I'm sure the owners of MLB teams are fans too. So, fundamentally, nothing would change.

A church in Cleveland is in the USA. A brothel in Nevada is in the USA. So fundamentally, they are the same. Right?

Pure nonsense.

I've reported you for your lies and harasssment. As for your idiotic posts, you've hung yourself enough already. Just one look at Post # 200 tells it all. I'm off now to other real threads, with real posters, posting real posts. I've wasted enough time with your NONSENSE.

Last edited:

A church in Cleveland is in the USA. A brothel in Nevada is in the USA. So fundamentally, they are the same. Right?

Pure nonsense.

I've reported you for your lies and harasssment. As for your idiotic posts, you've hung yourself enough already. Just one look at Post # 200 tells it all. I'm off now to other real threads, with real posters, posting real posts. I've wasted enough time with your NONSENSE.

Reported me again? LMAO!!! Oh I am so scared. You are pathetic.

But I understand why you want to stop posting here. You have continued to make yourself look worse and worse as the thread went along.

I love that you call anyone who argues with you repeatedly as Troll. If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

And I am not saying that Forbes knows about baseball. I am saying they are experts on financial matters. The worth of a MLB team, as a business, is purely a financial matter. If you are going to BUY the team, you have to pay what the owner asks or what an expert deems the team to be worth.

And since you are not even giving the owners a chance to refuse to sell, and you have repeatedly mocked Forbes assessment of a teams financial worth as astronomically high, you are advocating stealing the team.

Another LIE from you. One browse through my OPs and posts shows that I certainly don't call anyone who argues with me repeatedly a troll. But go ahead and villainize me. Maybe you don't have anything else better in life. :D

Another LIE from you. One browse through my OPs and posts shows that I certainly don't call anyone who argues with me repeatedly a troll. But go ahead and villainize me. Maybe you don't have anything else better in life. :D

I know of at least 4 posters that you have accused of harassing you, when they were only arguing in one of your threads.

But go ahead and report me.

And weren't you leaving? Weren't you going looking for threads where your threats scare people? Weren't you going to try and find a thread where your lies will be accepted?

See ya!! I'm gonna hang around here and laugh at you.

But I understand why you want to stop posting here. You have continued to make yourself look worse and worse as the thread went along.

Par for the course. The old headcase gets excited when a new psychoactive drug kicks in, then gradually stops taking it until...well, you know...

Pure nonsense.

You are reporting him because he is kicking your ass in a debate?

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

I know of at least 4 posters that you have accused of harassing you, when they were only arguing in one of your threads.

But go ahead and report me.

And weren't you leaving? Weren't you going looking for threads where your threats scare people? Weren't you going to try and find a thread where your lies will be accepted?

See ya!! I'm gonna hang around here and laugh at you.

I'd ask why you ask these preposterpous questions, but ha ha, we all know the answer. You're a troll whose ego has been bruised by my having handed you your ass so many times, in this thread (see Post # 200 for just one example), and a number of others, so unable to contain your rage, you just come flailing out with everything you've got (which is next to nothing), in a fruitless attempt to villainize me. Well, you may hook in a few of the lesser brainpowered in his forum, but overall, most posters can assess your mindless trolling for what it is. :neutral:

Par for the course. The old headcase gets excited when a new psychoactive drug kicks in, then gradually stops taking it until...well, you know...

Yeah, we know all right. You're another troll whose butt I've whipped too many times, in the immigration thread (as well as a number of others who've also kicked you around in there). And just like YesterdayBorn, you can't handle it either, so you come in here pretending to be cool. HA HA HA. :badgrin:

Pure nonsense.

If you think this fool has kicked my ass in this thread (or any other) HA HA, you're in bad shape. I kicked his ass just in one single post (# 200), obvious to any honest person.
Suck ups to the baseball owners, and people too young to remember the NORMAL baseball days, won't even know how in the dark they are. YOU maybe ? :D

Come to think of it, there are a few others whose butts I've kicked in here. Then they jump in to try and get revenge (and just make even bigger fools out of themselves than they already were). Ho hum. What else is new ? Yawn *******

Last edited:

If you think this fool has kicked my ass in this thread (or any other) HA HA, you're in bad shape. I kicked his ass just in one single post (# 200), obvious to any honest person.
Suck ups to the baseball owners, and people too young to remember the NORMAL baseball days, won't even know how in the dark they are. YOU maybe ? :D

Come to think of it, there are a few others whose butts I've kicked in here. Then they jump in to try and get revenge (and just make even bigger fools out of themselves than they already were). Ho hum. What else is new ? Yawn *******

LOL! That's why you reported him, he is still here and his post is still here.

You crack me up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back