🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

UN-Privatize Baseball Now. PLEEEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it's part of the problem, YesterdayBorn. And why repeat to me the current idiotic scenario of money-based baseball ? Sure, that's how it works. Exactly what we need to replace with something that absolutely does NOT work that way. Get it ?

So you think the fans should be able to decide, and ignore what the team owners and the actual players want?? Absolutely not.

After a certain time, a player should have control over where they play. Period.

HA HA. I've noticed you bring things up that I've never mentioned , and then start criticizing me about it. Well, you'll have to put your straw men back in the closet. I haven't said anything about ignoring what players want, YOU said that. In fact, the player named David Price did not want to leave the Rays. I'm quite sure about that. and yes, I think the fans should decide and the owners shouldn't even be the owners. especially when they don't support their own team, and make deals that harm the team, making it worse, and lessening its chances to get into the post season.
And yeah, players should have control over where they play. And now, they don't (like Price didn't have control over going to Detroit)

You want to do away with free agency, which allows the players to go where they want.

You want to limit their pay to $300k a year, at the most, when the current minimum is $500k a year. Do you think the players WANT that?

Please spare us any attempt to claim you had the players in mind in your robbery scheme.

When Pogo posted "Hey, the packers did it", meaning having the fans buy the team, you posted:

"That's what I've been suggesting to him.". That was a lie. Since the beginning of the thread you have been calling for the gov't to take over baseball. That is most certainly NOT what the packers did, and you know it.

Sure it is. That Packers were taken over by the people. That's what the govt is (didn't you know ?) Govt of the people, by the people, for the people. The govt IS the people. The people ARE the govt (unless you're living in Syria)

OK, there are only three possibilities here:
Are you LYING?
Are you STUPID?
Or are you DELUSIONAL?

I think it might be a combination of all of the above.

If you want to see a deranged old loon's head explode, point out to him that many of his 'heroes' :)rolleyes:) are immigrants!

The Packers are the only private-public ownership in Major sports.

No legal justification exists to nationalize the league.

A city could make an outrageous offer to a team's ownership or try to use imminent domain, but I am not sure the latter is lega.

Post again when you ARE sure.

Also, remember that the legalities 1) can be changed form week to week and 2) legalities vary from state to state, and even from county to county.

Sure it is. That Packers were taken over by the people. That's what the govt is (didn't you know ?) Govt of the people, by the people, for the people. The govt IS the people. The people ARE the govt (unless you're living in Syria)

Are you LYING?
Are you STUPID?
Or are you DELUSIONAL?

So you two fools don't believe in Govt of the people, by the people, for the people. I see. Well, yeah, I guess you both could go move to Syria. Been a shortage of people there lately, I hear. :D

You have a curious habit of ignoring posts that have refuted your hollow "points".

1. Your fans buying tickets notion was vaporized in post # 80.

2. For every 1 fan writing a post in a message board, there's thousands more who think the same thing, and don't speak out.

3. You've been answered on this "harm" thing, amd you've been told you've been answered, yet you continue to pester me on it. Clearly, this is harrassment, and I guess I'll keep reporting it.

Why do you advocate the enslavement of athletes?

Because he is batshit insane and nuttier than a sack of cashews.

No, YOUR post is as stupid as it is because you doin't even realized that I never said anything about "enslavement of athletes", which is something that owners are guilty of (if anybody is), an which is something I've been speaking out against, you idiot.

Are you LYING?
Are you STUPID?
Or are you DELUSIONAL?

So you two fools don't believe in Govt of the people, by the people, for the people. I see. Well, yeah, I guess you both could go move to Syria. Been a shortage of people there lately, I hear. :D

I believe you are trying to cover for your lie.

Once again, the gov't did not buy or take the Packers. Individual people bought shares in the team. That is very different.

There must be quite a few people who like the way MLB is going.

According to this: List of sports attendance figures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Almost 75 million people attended a game last year.

According to this link, baseball has the highest attendance numbers of any sport: Ranking sports? popularity: And the silver goes to... | The Economist

Not watching games on tv, but actually going out to the ball park and being there. So, apparently your opinion is not shared by a lot a MLB fans

1. Apparently my opinion certainly IS shared by a lot of Rays fans, and here's the evidence of it. There are many threads in this forum, but if you look through the forum, you will find hundreds of posts in agreement with me >>

Rays "fans" are the worst in baseball. They flat don't give a shit. Hell, they couldn't sell out Tropicana Field when they had a pennant-winning team! The only games they sell out are against Boston and New York...and that only because fans of the visiting team show up!

FALSE! Rays fans are among the best. Most are the ones who stay home and faithfully watch the games on TV, consistently. So why don't they go to the games ? Because of just what I've been talking about in this thread. Because of baseball having turned into a money hustling operation, instead of the good game it used to be. Ticket prices WAAAAY too high. Parking prices WAAY too high. Refreshment prices WAAY too high. Souvenierprices WAAAY too high, etc, etc.

In general, it's an attitude among the baseball lords on high, to serve THEMSELVES and throw the fans (especially middle class) under the bus, and make the game only for rich fans, and middle class ones who are dumb enough to keep going to the games, allowing the owners to screw them. (like those Boston Red Sox fans, for example) :lol:

Of course it didn't help that they located the stadium right in between 2 low economic communities, one of them one of the biggest ghettos in America, while having all those high prices. And modern day TV (HD, big screen, replays, etc) is better than ever.

Are you LYING?
Are you STUPID?
Or are you DELUSIONAL?

So you are claiming that every business owned by stockholders is actually owned by the gov't??

You are either lying or an idiot. Pick one.

Why do you advocate the enslavement of athletes?

No, YOUR post is as stupid as it is because you doin't even realized that I never said anything about "enslavement of athletes", which is something that owners are guilty of (if anybody is), an which is something I've been speaking out against, you idiot.

Really? You are the one who wants athletes to stay with one team. You take away their choice and their freedom to sell their talents to whom they choose.

The owners are not guilty of doing away with free agency. But you certainly want to.

I stopped following MLB twenty years ago.

Now I watch MiLB, Texas League, Springfield, Missouri Cardinals.

The games are better, the players have hustle, it's less expensive to see a game in person, and closer to boot (for me at least).

The ONLY down side in my case, is as some of my favorite minor league player move up to the majors, like Allen Craig, John Jay, Matt Adams and Matt Carpenter...I'm tempted to continue following their careers...but to date, I continue to fight it off.

Great post. Refreshing to see a post in here with exactly the right idea. I too went to minor league baseball about 20 years ago, when they had the MLB players strike. I lived in Pinellas County in the Tampa Bay area, and I went to some of the Dundein Blue Jays and Clearwater Phillies games back then. They were great. Everything was inexpensive and easy to do. Ticket prices, parking, concessions, etc, and you got to see a very fine ball game .

The minor league players play hard too. They're trying to make it to the majors. I honestly don't know why I ever went back to watching MLB. Since I'm no longer watching the Rays (or anything having to do with MLB), I'm going to return to the minor league fan base. I'm in Tampa now, so I guess I'll become a Tampa Yankees fan.

Thanks for the helpful reminder.

You forgot: because the minor league games pretty much suck. I can watch shitty baseball for free at the local high school! I'm 20 minutes away from one minor-league team A ball), an hour away from another (AA). It's pretty weak sauce.

Sez you. I've watched Dunedin Blue Jays games, Clearwater Phillies games and Tampa Yankees games.. All are good games to watch, inexpensive, easy to find parking, plenty of refreshments, and superior to MLB in the ways that matter. :D

Great post. Refreshing to see a post in here with exactly the right idea. I too went to minor league baseball about 20 years ago, when they had the MLB players strike. I lived in Pinellas County in the Tampa Bay area, and I went to some of the Dundein Blue Jays and Clearwater Phillies games back then. They were great. Everything was inexpensive and easy to do. Ticket prices, parking, concessions, etc, and you got to see a very fine ball game .

The minor league players play hard too. They're trying to make it to the majors. I honestly don't know why I ever went back to watching MLB. Since I'm no longer watching the Rays (or anything having to do with MLB), I'm going to return to the minor league fan base. I'm in Tampa now, so I guess I'll become a Tampa Yankees fan.

Thanks for the helpful reminder.

You forgot: because the minor league games pretty much suck. I can watch shitty baseball for free at the local high school! I'm 20 minutes away from one minor-league team A ball), an hour away from another (AA). It's pretty weak sauce.

Sez you. I've watched Dunedin Blue Jays games, Clearwater Phillies games and Tampa Yankees games.. All are good games to watch, inexpensive, easy to find parking, plenty of refreshments, and superior to MLB in the ways that matter. :D

Fine. Then watch those teams play and give up this insanity about gov't taking over MLB.

So you are claiming that every business owned by stockholders is actually owned by the gov't??

Here's a piece of advice for you. Try to avoid use of the word "So". :lol: That might help to keep you from trying to put words in my mouth (Oh wait. That's what you meant to do right ?) :badgrin:

Well I guess somebody who would claim "that every business owned by stockholders is actually owned by the gov't" might indeed be "either lying or an idiot." But I've never heard anybody ever mention anything like that (EXCEPT YOU) :lol:

Here's a piece of advice for you. Try to avoid use of the word "So". :lol: That might help to keep you from trying to put words in my mouth (Oh wait. That's what you meant to do right ?) :badgrin:

Well I guess somebody who would claim "that every business owned by stockholders is actually owned by the gov't" might indeed be "either lying or an idiot." But I've never heard anybody ever mention anything like that (EXCEPT YOU) :lol:

In other words, you admit now that the Packers are NOT owned by the gov't, and that you lied when you claimed it was what you were saying to me?

It has to be one or the other. Either you were lying when you said that is what you wanted, or you were making a fool of yourself using the "Gov't of the people and by the people" as a defense when I called you on your lie.

The Packers are not owned by the gov't. They are owned by stockholders.

Really? You are the one who wants athletes to stay with one team. You take away their choice and their freedom to sell their talents to whom they choose.

The owners are not guilty of doing away with free agency. But you certainly want to.

Stop lying. I'm not wanting to "take away" anything. I don't consider free agency to ever have been a valid entity in the first place. It's something that never should have existed in the first place. It's like a wallet that a pickpocket stole, and the right ful owner chased him down, and took back his wallet. UNder your logic, you'd call that "take away".

I see valid baseball as how it was in the 50's and 60's, only with a community control basis including partial player control as part of that community. Right now they have NO CONTROL. The owners decide to trade them and away they go, whether they want to or not. That is the enslavement of athletes that you seem to favor. If my scenario were in place now, David Price would still be with the Tampa Ray Rays, and for many more years to come. :D

In other words, you admit now that the Packers are NOT owned by the gov't, and that you lied when you claimed it was what you were saying to me?

It has to be one or the other. Either you were lying when you said that is what you wanted, or you were making a fool of yourself using the "Gov't of the people and by the people" as a defense when I called you on your lie.

The Packers are not owned by the gov't. They are owned by stockholders.
I'm not interested in the Packers or (in this thread) the NFL. I'm interested in what I wrote about in the OP, MLB, and THAT topic, which you stray away from much too often.

Fine. Then watch those teams play and give up this insanity about gov't taking over MLB.

No. That's NOT fine. And it's NOT fine with most fans who are not suck ups to the owners, or shills for them, or too dumb to know what they are.

So, Protectionist, stop while you are behind and enjoy the National Pastime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back