Unbelievable: Ron Paul Slams Civil Rights Act

The Civil Rights Act of 1965 made the US a truly great nation.

Up until that time, we claimed to be a great nation but lacked a moral compass. Any nation that denies a significant part of their population basic liberty and freedom because they do not like their color is not a great nation.

For Ron Paul to seek to deny people the right to attend the college of their choice, eat at a public lunch counter, be seated in a restaurant, swim in a public pool or stay in a hotel solely because some racists believe them to be subhuman shows why Paul is unfit to be President

So Ron Paul is ok with segregation, but wants to legalize drugs? oh boy.:cuckoo:

Why are people acting like Paul wants mandated segregation? He thinks that if a racist bar owner wants to refuse to serve blacks (or whites, or Asians), they should be allowed to do so.

so I'm driving cross country and I run out of gas and the only gas stations next to me are white only gas stations in rural Arkansas, I am fucked yeah? I can understand why some white people can shrug this off and not care, but I am half Black, if you were in my shoes you would view civil rights completely different.

Burning churches was illegal then, lynching blacks was illegal then, spitting on children racists will still do.

Agree to disagree, as I do with most liberal emotion based stances on political issues.

Those committing those acts were the same community that you claim would have graciously accepted integration without the Civil Rights bill

And those same racist assholes who happened to own businesses probably became rich from the added business that blacks gave them.

Blacks giving money to racists, hooray government.

If these racist guys are making alot of cash from Blacks, they won't want to segregate their businesses anyways.

Bullshit. I drove across the country twice and have stopped at some small towns who's demographics where pretty much the same. All white. In those towns, if they had signs that said no blacks served, they would be "out of business in 2 seconds"?

Here is a hint, Americans would not do the right thing if they didnt have to. Laws are in place for a reason and its juvenile and just dumb to think otherwise.

Businesses can serve whoever the fuck they want...

One time I wasn't dressed correctly and I was refused entry into a fucking club - is that discrimination??

Slobs are not a protected class

I wasn't wearing a button up dress shirt.... I was wearing a golf shirt...

Hardly slobbish.........

However even If I was "dressed as a slob" using your fucking pathetic logic it would be discrimination no???

Businesses can serve whoever the fuck they want...

One time I wasn't dressed correctly and I was refused entry into a fucking club - is that discrimination??

Hardly slobbish.........

However even If I was "dressed as a slob" using your fucking pathetic logic it would be discrimination no???

I don't particularly care for dress codes, if it were up to me I would do away with them, if you want to dress in a clown suit and go to a night club, more power to you.

Those committing those acts were the same community that you claim would have graciously accepted integration without the Civil Rights bill

And those same racist assholes who happened to own businesses probably became rich from the added business that blacks gave them.

Blacks giving money to racists, hooray government.

If these racist guys are making alot of cash from Blacks, they won't want to segregate their businesses anyways.

Another instance of the market being a better avenue to fix these things.

Ron Paul's stance on this issue is that you cannot legislate morality, and by giving special privileges or entitlements to one group you strip the rights of another.

P.S. Your a partisan shitstain on the clean white undies of the United States. Go fuck yourself you do nothing liberal. All you and your party can do is bitch and complain while holding your hand out expecting others to provide for you.

NO WAY YOU JUST SAID THAT. :eek: That is so full of shit. What about the GOP's war on abortion rights? Euthanasia? Marijuana use?

The GOP is the party that GOVERNS on legislating morality. Why the fuck do you think that the supposed MORAL Majority played such a big factor in their party?

I agree. But Ron Paul is a Republican in name only and running as one only out of necessity. He would agree with you on all of those things. It doesn't matter if it comes from the right or the left. It isn't the government's job to legislate morality.

So Ron Paul is ok with segregation, but wants to legalize drugs? oh boy.:cuckoo:

Why are people acting like Paul wants mandated segregation? He thinks that if a racist bar owner wants to refuse to serve blacks (or whites, or Asians), they should be allowed to do so.

so I'm driving cross country and I run out of gas and the only gas stations next to me are white only gas stations in rural Arkansas, I am fucked yeah? I can understand why some white people can shrug this off and not care, but I am half Black, if you were in my shoes you would view civil rights completely different.
These are the scenarios people can't seem to take into account when they defend discriminatory policies for public establishments.

These are the scenarios people can't seem to take into account when they defend discriminatory policies for public establishments.

The same can happen the other way, what if you are white and your car breaks down in a mainly Hispanic part of Arizona or New Mexico, and all the garages there are Hispanic only?

I would think at a "fucking club" you wouldn't have to wear any attire at all.

Are you kidding me??

Some clubs have strict dress codes..

I'm not much of a club goer these days, however back in my early 20's I did.

Some clubs require formal wear, however others wont let you in if you're too dressed up..... One may as well bring three outfits with them if they want to go club hopping in Chicago. That and about 500 bucks to cover the cost of their 7 dollar beers and 15 dollar shots.

You know what tho?? the owner has every right to expect a standard in their joint... I think some clubs take it too far but guess what?? its not my club and the owners can do whatever the fuck they want...

Are you kidding me??

Some clubs require formal wear, however others wont let you in if you're too dressed up..... One may as well bring three outfits with them if they want to go club hopping in Chicago. That and about 500 bucks to cover the cost of their 7 dollar beers and 15 dollar shots.

You know what tho?? the owner has every right to expect a standard in their joint... I think some clubs take it too far but guess what?? its not my club and the owners can do whatever the fuck they want...

Dress code is one thing, but you really think its ok for a club owner to forbid people of a certain race to enter the establishment? :confused: I thought we were past this way of thinking?:(

You mean if 'I' were the one being denied service. You could be denied service for any number of reasons. It doesn't just have to be skin color. If there was one group of people I would consider refusing service to, it would hippies. The reason it's a non-issue, is because it doesn't make sense from a business stand point. That's the second problem with the civil rights act. 1) It indeed does grant rights at the expense of others and 2) it doesn't make any logical sense anyway. From both a right to have service and right to have someone employ it doesn't make any sense for a company to deny anyone solely on that basis in the first place. It's in a companies best interest to hire the best person for the job, regardless of race. And it's in a company's best interest to serve and earn money from anyone they can regardless of race. The racists are gonna reap what the sew eventually, don't worry about that. But not supporting the civil rights act does not make Paul a racist.

Hardly slobbish.........

I don't particularly care for dress codes, if it were up to me I would do away with them, if you want to dress in a clown suit and go to a night club, more power to you.

I agree with you, however a club owner or restaurant owner can make their own rules. I respect that..

However some of these clubs dress codes are just way too strict.

IMO, it makes no sense turning away a paying customer over a golf shirt...

You mean if 'I' were the one being denied service. You could be denied service for any number of reasons. It doesn't just have to be skin color. If there was one group of people I would consider refusing service to, it would hippies. The reason it's a non-issue, is because it doesn't make sense from a business stand point. That's the second problem with the civil rights act. 1) It indeed does grant rights at the expense of others and 2) it doesn't make any logical sense anyway. From both a right to have service and right to have someone employ it doesn't make any sense for a company to deny anyone solely on that basis in the first place. It's in a companies best interest to hire the best person for the job, regardless of race. And it's in a company's best interest to serve and earn money from anyone they can regardless of race. The racists are gonna reap what the sew eventually, don't worry about that. But not supporting the civil rights act does not make Paul a racist.

I'm sorry I just completely disagree, maybe if you were a minority who was discriminated against in the past you would see things differently. Now I am not old enough to have been through the Civil rights era but I live in Birmingham Alabama and there is alot of history here on this subject, I have been to the Black History museum and seen the difference between white only restrooms, classrooms, business and the black ones, and that is definently NOT something I want to ever experience.

Hardly slobbish.........

I agree with you, however a club owner or restaurant owner can make their own rules. I respect that..

I agree with you that some of the dress codes are too strict, alot of these clubs have these strict dress codes and forbid people from wearing a certain brand of clothing and shoes because they want to keep a certain type of person out, when I was stationed in Nebraska quite a few clubs forbid brands like Southpole, Zoo York, Gucci etc and completely banned Timberlands, they were doing this to try and keep young blacks from going in. They also didn't serve liquor that Blacks were known to request, like Hennessy, thats what pissed me off the most.:mad:

Are you kidding me??

Dress code is one thing, but you really think its ok for a club owner to forbid people of a certain race to enter the establishment? :confused: I thought we were past this way of thinking?:(

I don't see any difference...

However I don't see why an establishment owner would turn away a paying customer based on race...

I suppose I could see gangbangers turned away (most of which are minorities) because they cause problems, however not some regular black dude..

I guess my point is that I would find it odd that someone would refuse to serve a person based on race these days... However as a libertarian the would have every right to refuse to serve a minority...

I'm not saying I would support such nonsense I'm just saying I respect the liberty of a business owner to deny service, because its their establishment hence they can serve who they want.. Being served isn't a "right."

However, like I previously stated one would have to be retarded to turn down a paying customer over trivial shit like race.....

I'm sorry I just completely disagree, maybe if you were a minority who was discriminated against in the past you would see things differently. Now I am not old enough to have been through the Civil rights era but I live in Birmingham Alabama and there is alot of history here on this subject, I have been to the Black History museum and seen the difference between white only restrooms, classrooms, business and the black ones, and that is definently NOT something I want to ever experience.

I'm not condoning discrimination. But you can't legislate that people think differently. Do you think when the act passed all of a sudden a bunch of racists become non-racist? Of course they didn't. And let's also not pretend that race is the only time people get discriminated against. I'm short and of.....poor complection....so I get indignant right back when people like you suggest no minority can possibly know what it feels like to be discriminated against. There is no question in my mind that I have been denied jobs, because of the way I look.

I indeed don't get the whole history argument. I don't get why a bunch of people today who had nothing to do with discrimination need to be held responsible for discriminatino generation ago. I wouldn't want to experience any of that either, but what logical reason is there to think you would today without the civil rights act? None of it makes any sense. Why would want to be served by someone who despises you. Why would you give them the satisfaction of taking your money? This is the way all emotionally charged issues are, but at some point you have to look at it from an objectively reasonable standpoint.

Last edited:

I agree with you that some of the dress codes are too strict, alot of these clubs have these strict dress codes and forbid people from wearing a certain brand of clothing and shoes because they want to keep a certain type of person out, when I was stationed in Nebraska quite a few clubs forbid brands like Southpole, Zoo York, Gucci etc and completely banned Timberlands, they were doing this to try and keep young blacks from going in. They also didn't serve liquor that Blacks were known to request, like Hennessy, thats what pissed me off the most.:mad:

That's because they didn't want any problems...

Man, I grew up like 3 miles away from Great Lakes Navel Station in North Chicago, Illinois.

The local black gangbangers and the Navy guys used to get into it all the time at this club/bar called Flannigans .... They destroyed the club about 100 times. Throwing TV's, tables or anything that wasn't bolted down.. Then shit would spew out into the parking lot and of course the gangbangers started pulling guns and shooting.

The aggressors were always the black and Mexican gangbangers...

I suppose my point is that some styles of dress mean potential trouble and its better to be safe than sorry....

Man, I grew up like 3 miles away from Great Lakes Navel Station in North Chicago, Illinois.

The local black gangbangers and the Navy guys used to get into it all the time at this club/bar called Flannigans .... They destroyed the club about 100 times. Throwing TV's, tables or anything that wasn't bolted down.. Then shit would spew out into the parking lot and of course the gangbangers started pulling guns and shooting.

I suppose my point is that some styles of dress mean potential trouble and its better to be safe than sorry....

I understand what you are saying, and can definently see why they would want a dress code and good security in that establishment.

I'm not condoning discrimination. But you can't legislate that people think differently. Do you think when the act passed all of a sudden a bunch of racists become non-racist? Of course they didn't. And let's also not pretend that race is the only time people get discriminated against. I'm short and of.....poor complection....so I get indignant right back when people like you suggest no minority can possibly know what it feels like to be discriminated against. There is no question in my mind that I have been denied jobs, because of the way I look.

I indeed don't get the whole history argument. I don't get why a bunch of people today who had nothing to do with discrimination need to be held responsible for discriminatino generation ago. I wouldn't want to experience any of that either, but what logical reason is there to think you would today without the civil rights act? None of it makes any sense. Why would want to be served by someone who despises you. Why would you give them the satisfaction of taking your money? This is the way all emotionally charged issues are, but at some point you have to look at it from an objectively reasonable standpoint.

I don't think someone writing a law will make anyone less racist, however at the same time we have seen that the American people would not do the right thing on this issue, if civil rights was really something that was supposed to come along naturally, why did we still have segregation and Jim Crow laws 100 years after the civil war ended? the fact of the matter is the American people had to have civil rights and equal rights forced on them, I live in Alabama and I can tell you right now there is still alot of hatred towards Blacks and especially towards the new Hispanic immigrants we have here now, alot of the older white folks would love to have segregation back if they had their way.

For me personally I am half black and half white, so I don't like segregation because of my own personal reasons, if I happen to visit my mother in Virginia and all the stores and restaurants out there are mostly white, what am I supposed to do? are interracial couples just supposed to stay at home all day, if the businesses in their area only serve 1 race of people? I feel this way because if Civil rights were taken away, I would stand to lose alot and be put in alot of awkward positions because of my background.

I understand what you are saying, and can definently see why they would want a dress code and good security in that establishment.

I actually worked there about 10-12 years ago man. I actually quit my job because it was too damn dangerous..

They had out and out wild west bar brawls in that place where everyone was fighting...

The local gangbangers believed they owned the joint until the Navy guys arrived and it wouldn't be more than an hour before shit hit the fan wild west style...

Then when anarchy hit the gangbangers stole all the booze from the bar..

I was like fuck this shit, I'm not working here..

It was seriously insane and dangerous.

I don't even know what could even trigger such madness....

Forum List

Back