🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Unbelievable: Ron Paul Slams Civil Rights Act

Another way to look at this is from the persepctive of a libertaian, which what Paul is. To him and people like me this doesn't have much to do with how people treat people. It has to do with the freedom of individuals and personal property rights. To a libertarian there isn't much distinction between owning property in terms of a home and owning property like a restaurant. They're mine. In either case I can invite you in or not. Would you agree to allowing a stranger to enter your home and demand food from you? Of course not. It's your property. You don't need any reason at all to kick him out of your home. It doesnt' belong to him and you don't owe him anything.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but theres a big difference between me kicking in your door and helping myself to your fridge, and me going into your gas station and filling up my car and buying a six pack of beer with cash.

Another way to look at this is from the persepctive of a libertaian, which what Paul is. To him and people like me this doesn't have much to do with how people treat people. It has to do with the freedom of individuals and personal property rights. To a libertarian there isn't much distinction between owning property in terms of a home and owning property like a restaurant. They're mine. In either case I can invite you in or not. Would you agree to allowing a stranger to enter your home and demand food from you? Of course not. It's your property. You don't need any reason at all to kick him out of your home. It doesnt' belong to him and you don't owe him anything.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but theres a big difference between me kicking in your door and helping myself to your fridge, and me going into your gas station and filling up my car and buying a six pack of beer with cash.

Then consider yourself corrected. There isn't a big difference at all. What is the difference between walking into a gas station, fully intending to pay for your purchase and walking into someone's home fully intending to pay for a meal?

Then consider yourself corrected. There isn't a big difference at all. What is the difference between walking into a gas station, fully intending to pay for your purchase and walking into someone's home fully intending to pay for a meal?

Is your home a restaurant or a cafe? :confused: homes are not necessarily a place of business.

Paul's entire original statement misses the mark.
The Civil Rights act guaranteed liberty. Did not take it away.

All this discrimination stuff is poppycock lunacy..

Many people confuse me of being of Latino heritage when I'm actually Italian and Swede...

I really have never felt discriminated against when someone assumed I was Latino, however I do have a funny story.

I was working as a bar-back/bartender ten or so years ago and this one drunk woman was like "hey you Mexican boy get me an el beero" I was like "what the fuck" in my own mind.... At that point I figured I would play her game - she thought I was some Mexican immigrant or something, then I said to her "me no speak any English" then she was like "then get someone that does." So then I go to one of the bartenders and tell them "this lady is crazy, she assumed I don't speak English, so play along that I don't when where at this end of the bar and give her what she wants"...

At the end of the night when the music stopped blasting and I could finally talk without shouting I said - "BTW, I was born in the US, I'm not even Latino and I speak perfect English" and the look on her face was jaw-dropping...

She allegedly and I believe honestly felt bad and put a bill in her hand and grabbed my hand and said how sorry she was.... I was like "no problem," and was sympathetic to her drunk ass. I waited until the woman left to see what it was she gave me and it was a dollar.. hahahahaha... Then I said to my co-workers that my acting was worth more than a dollar..hahahahahaha

Maybe it was her last dollar?? hahahaha

I actually was more offended because she thought she offended me (and she didn't until she gave me the dollar) and her dollar would fix that...

Many people confuse me of being of Latino heritage when I'm actually Italian and Swede...

I really have never felt discriminated against when someone assumed I was Latino, however I do have a funny story.

I was working as a bar-back/bartender ten or so years ago and this one drunk woman was like "hey you Mexican boy get me an el beero" I was like "what the fuck" in my own mind.... At that point I figured I would play her game - she thought I was some Mexican immigrant or something, then I said to her "me no speak any English" then she was like "then get someone that does." So then I go to one of the bartenders and tell them "this lady is crazy, she assumed I don't speak English, so play along that I don't when where at this end of the bar and give her what she wants"...

At the end of the night when the music stopped blasting and I could finally talk without shouting I said - "BTW, I was born in the US, I'm not even Latino and I speak perfect English" and the look on her face was jaw-dropping...

She allegedly and I believe honestly felt bad and put a bill in her hand and grabbed my hand and said how sorry she was.... I was like "no problem," and was sympathetic to her drunk ass. I waited until the woman left to see what it was she gave me and it was a dollar.. hahahahaha... Then I said to my co-workers that my acting was worth more than a dollar..hahahahahaha

I actually was more offended because she thought she offended me (and she didn't until she gave me the dollar) and her dollar would fix that...

So in your case, there is a possibility you would get denied entrance to a whites only club if the bouncer suspected you were Hispanic, these are the kind of issues I have with allowing people to do this kind of thing.

So in your case, there is a possibility you would get denied entrance to a whites only club if the bouncer suspected you were Hispanic, these are the kind of issues I have with allowing people to do this kind of thing.

No.... Not at all..

I've never been denied access to anything on the basis of my race... Well I have by old Italian woman who don't like Sicilians... That shit is just funny to me tho.

If you don't know many Italians are racist against Sicilians...

When the odd time occurs that I am being discriminated against by old Italian woman think its funny...

Some northern ethnic Italians view Sicilians as savages....I just view myself as an American...

The best way to describe the weirdoism is that "its real meatball shit" and it would take a thesis to explain it all and I don't understand the half of it...

No, it's people who have more faith in gov't than americans who think we have to have gov't to keep americans from segregating.

When you take the emotion out of it you realize all those businesses would be out of business in 2 seconds thanks to the american ppl and not gov't.

Ron Paul clearly hates blacks, as evidence of all the free healthcare he gave to minorities. I can only imagine how much money Obama has given to minorities out of his pocket to pay their healthcare expenses. It's probably in the billions of dollars.

:cuckoo:

Bullshit. I drove across the country twice and have stopped at some small towns who's demographics where pretty much the same. All white. In those towns, if they had signs that said no blacks served, they would be "out of business in 2 seconds"?

Here is a hint, Americans would not do the right thing if they didnt have to. Laws are in place for a reason and its juvenile and just dumb to think otherwise.

So instead no one knows who the racist business owners are, and blacks are unknowingly lining racists pockets with their money.

Ok 99% of the businesses would go under either from lack of business, bad pub and people rightfully protesting these places and racist customers not wanting to deal with it.

We wouldn't be a more racist nation if it weren't for almighty gov't, i'll take the character of americans of the character of gov't politicians and bureacrats every single day of the week/year/milennium.

So if the Civil Rights Act had never been passed the only stores you'd see would be an occasional tiny store that didn't serve blacks, and this would benefit blacks in one way and that's the instance of them being able to take their business elsewhere.

After the Korean war and the early part of the Vietnam war, black service members came home...in uniform, and was told they could not eat, drink, ride in the front of buses, buy homes in certain area's BECAUSE the government had not stepped in.

Without the government stepping in, (and I know you hate to admit the government could possibly be a good thing) there would still be places that would do that crap in all white area's. Its delusional to think otherwise.

Imagine this, a black guy in uniform coming home from Iraq and being told he is not wanted in a restaurant by a racist.

Please pay attention to this part. You seem to think we are talking about New York or LA or something. I am talking about a town in Mississippi whose population is 98% white and whose customers are 100% white. They are the ones I am speaking of. If they had a sign that said no blacks, hispanics, asians, gays etc. they would, WOULD get away with it with no protest, just like they did in early 60's prior to the GOVERNMENT telling them it was wrong.

Still think people would do the right thing? Then you are a real libertarian and they scare the hell out of me.

No.... Not at all..

I've never been denied access to anything on the basis of my race... Well I have by old Italian woman who don't like Sicilians... That shit is just funny to me tho.

If you don't know many Italians are racist against Sicilians...

When the odd time occurs that I am being discriminated against by old Italian woman think its funny...

Some northern ethnic Italians view Sicilians as savages....I just view myself as an American...

The best way to describe the weirdoism is that "its real meatball shit" and it would take a thesis to explain it all and I don't understand the half of it...

Would it be funny if that occasional old lady was everyone white who did this to you because you were black or hispanic or whatever. Would it be funny then?

Oh and you are sicilian? Sup bro. :D

(Been to sigonella a few times. Loved the food, loved the culture.)

So Ron Paul is ok with segregation, but wants to legalize drugs? oh boy.:cuckoo:

No he's not ok with segregation.

It's the same tired old act Obamabots use when they say being against welfare means you want poor people to stay poor forever, if you're against Obamacare you want all sick/poor people to die, if you're against Social Security you want all old people to go broke, etc etc.

Same tired old act, having nothing to do with intellect, everything to do with grabbing at emotions and fearmongering.

Ron Paul is perfectly fine with segregation as long as the government is not doing it

You want to make deny blacks the use of your restrooms, that is your right. You own a hotel and don't want coloreds using your swimming pool, that is your right
You want to make coloreds eat around back, that is your right

That is Ron Paul's vision of America

ABSOLUTELY. Thats called freedom.

We as consumers have the choice to choose where we take our business, both black and white.

Edit - So long as it is private enterprise doing what they want. I do not think that any public services should be segregated or the debate on that even started. We all pay taxes.

Last edited:
No he's not ok with segregation.

It's the same tired old act Obamabots use when they say being against welfare means you want poor people to stay poor forever, if you're against Obamacare you want all sick/poor people to die, if you're against Social Security you want all old people to go broke, etc etc.

Same tired old act, having nothing to do with intellect, everything to do with grabbing at emotions and fearmongering.

Ron Paul is perfectly fine with segregation as long as the government is not doing it

You want to make deny blacks the use of your restrooms, that is your right. You own a hotel and don't want coloreds using your swimming pool, that is your right

We as consumers have the choice to choose where we take our business, both black and white.

Edit - So long as it is private enterprise doing what they want. I do not think that any public services should be segregated or the debate on that even started. We all pay taxes.

Damn....Libertarians are scary

Celebrating the right to treat your fellow citizens as subhuman. Celebrating the freedom to discriminate

While denying freedom to fellow Americans solely on the basis of the color of their skin

I thank god that in America, libertarian views are looked at with disdain and libertarians have no chance of influencing public policy

Celebrating the right to treat your fellow citizens as subhuman. Celebrating the freedom to discriminate

While denying freedom to fellow Americans solely on the basis of the color of their skin

I thank god that in America, libertarian views are looked at with disdain and libertarians have no chance of influencing public policy

It is scary…and bizarre.

Equally troubling is libertarians’ ignorance of, or contempt for, the Constitution, its case law, and the rule of law.

I used to be a libertarian.

About 20 years ago. Card carrying.

Long before libertarianism was in.

I recognized the folly some years later.

Never again, and especially not now.

It is scary…and bizarre.

Equally troubling is libertarians’ ignorance of, or contempt for, the Constitution, its case law, and the rule of law.

Boo!

Is your home a restaurant or a cafe? :confused: homes are not necessarily a place of business.

Then you still don't get it. They are both someone's property which they have a right to do with and refuse access to whomever they feel like.

Bullshit. I drove across the country twice and have stopped at some small towns who's demographics where pretty much the same. All white. In those towns, if they had signs that said no blacks served, they would be "out of business in 2 seconds"?

Here is a hint, Americans would not do the right thing if they didnt have to. Laws are in place for a reason and its juvenile and just dumb to think otherwise.

So instead no one knows who the racist business owners are, and blacks are unknowingly lining racists pockets with their money.

Ok 99% of the businesses would go under either from lack of business, bad pub and people rightfully protesting these places and racist customers not wanting to deal with it.

We wouldn't be a more racist nation if it weren't for almighty gov't, i'll take the character of americans of the character of gov't politicians and bureacrats every single day of the week/year/milennium.

So if the Civil Rights Act had never been passed the only stores you'd see would be an occasional tiny store that didn't serve blacks, and this would benefit blacks in one way and that's the instance of them being able to take their business elsewhere.

After the Korean war and the early part of the Vietnam war, black service members came home...in uniform, and was told they could not eat, drink, ride in the front of buses, buy homes in certain area's BECAUSE the government had not stepped in.

Without the government stepping in, (and I know you hate to admit the government could possibly be a good thing) there would still be places that would do that crap in all white area's. Its delusional to think otherwise.

Imagine this, a black guy in uniform coming home from Iraq and being told he is not wanted in a restaurant by a racist.

Please pay attention to this part. You seem to think we are talking about New York or LA or something. I am talking about a town in Mississippi whose population is 98% white and whose customers are 100% white. They are the ones I am speaking of. If they had a sign that said no blacks, hispanics, asians, gays etc. they would, WOULD get away with it with no protest, just like they did in early 60's prior to the GOVERNMENT telling them it was wrong.

Still think people would do the right thing? Then you are a real libertarian and they scare the hell out of me.

Tell me why it'd be a good thing for a POS racist to make money off of black ppl when he doesn't want to?

Why is he making money off of blacks better than someone who isn't racist?

No idiot. You can't deny someone else their freedom while espousing freedom. The fact remains NO ONE is free to tell anyone else what they have to do with their own property. You shoud thank god that there is an actual group that stands up for all freedoms, not just the ones you deem moral. Freedom to do only what you deem morally okay, isn't freedom at all. You modern liberals constantly put on the display the irony of calling yourselves liberal, which literally means freedom, when you aren't for freedom at all. If you were you would know that means taking the bad with the good.

Last edited:

No idiot. You can't deny someone else their freedom while espousing freedom. The fact remains NO ONE is free to tell anyone else what they have to do with their own property. You shoud thank god that there is an actual group that stands up for all freedoms, not just the ones you deem moral. Freedom to do only what you deem morally okay, isn't freedom at all.

The other side will never get it. Having Nazis/white supremacists and separate but equal proms in our country in 2012 means nothing, but the potential to have a handful of stores being segregated would destroy our country.

Fact is all those things are awful, IN MY OPINION, and there's parts of my political views that others find to be awful (pro-choice, anti-war, not religious at all, etc) IN THEIR OPINION.

The big difference is the level of faith the people have in big gov't, Libertarians are as close to zero as you can get, reps and dems basically have unwavering faith in gov't. Dems think no social program can ever do wrong. That's why they think whenever one is failing it needs more money. Reps think our foreign policy can never be wrong. That's why they have a meltdown whenever the word blowback is even whispered.

No idiot. You can't deny someone else their freedom while espousing freedom. The fact remains NO ONE is free to tell anyone else what they have to do with their own property. You shoud thank god that there is an actual group that stands up for all freedoms, not just the ones you deem moral. Freedom to do only what you deem morally okay, isn't freedom at all.

Fact is all those things are awful, IN MY OPINION, and there's parts of my political views that others find to be awful (pro-choice, anti-war, not religious at all, etc) IN THEIR OPINION.

The big difference is the level of faith the people have in big gov't, Libertarians are as close to zero as you can get,...

And with god damned good reason. This government is shit. There is no fixing it. They rob and steal and plunder from the hardest working people and give it to the degenerates of society. Both the degenerates that are unwilling to get off there ass and the degenerates that drive bently's and wear rolex.

Freedom people is freedom from government intrusion in your life and freedom from the plundering of your wallet.

Forum List

Back