Zone1 Unbeliever: You Are Responsible

And there you have it.

See? @Meriweather
I am not sure, but Bob Blaylock seems to be expressing LDS doctrine where they proxy baptize the dead who were not LDS in this life. They believe they have access to these souls, where after they are proxy baptized, can hear LDS doctrine being preached to them. After hearing, souls can either accept or decline.

LDS appear to believe they can still come knocking at one's door after they have passed on.

I wouldn't know.

Not mine.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church teaches that God has covenants with other faiths and that, as Jesus noted, there are other flocks. Only God knows who, if anyone, is in hell. The Holy Spirit has ways of reaching those that religion fails.

I am not sure, but Bob Blaylock seems to be expressing LDS doctrine where they proxy baptize the dead who were not LDS in this life. They believe they have access to these souls, where after they are proxy baptized, can hear LDS doctrine being preached to them. After hearing, souls can either accept or decline.

LDS appear to believe they can still come knocking at one's door after they have passed on.
I don’t know. You can ask him if you want.

I’m just saying that the majority of Christians disagree with the answer you gave me.

Your fellow Christians disagree with you on the question I asked.
That's like saying one's fellow high school graduates disagree on what comes next or which is the better college. But beyond that...

Forget about what "fellow Christians" say.

What say you?

I’m just saying that the majority of Christians disagree with the answer you gave me.
Worldwide, the largest Christian denomination are Catholic/Orthodox who are taught what I was taught. Therefore, I do agree with the majority, or the majority agrees with me, however you wish to phrase it.

That's like saying one's fellow high school graduates disagree on what comes next or which is the better college. But beyond that...

Forget about what "fellow Christians" say.

What say you?
I’m just going with what the vast majority of Christians believe.
If you disagree with them, then I think it’s on you to make a compelling case for them, not me.

Using the same book, you’re coming up with very different answers from what the rest of them believe.

If you disagree with them, then I think it’s on you to make a compelling case for them, not me.

Using the same book, you’re coming up with very different answers from what the rest of them believe.
She's a nice woman, but very liberal. Tries hard to not ruffle feathers. It's better to be firmly grounded in GOD'S Word

You seem only interested in causing division

She's a nice woman, but very liberal. Tries hard to not ruffle feathers. It's better to be firmly grounded in GOD'S Word
Apparently you two are very split on GOD’s Word.

How is that you two can speak to Jesus and be told completely different answers?

I see no harm in non-Catholic Christians believing what they wish. They read the verse in English from the view of Modern Western Culture and were satisfied.

I, on the other hand, (coming from a family that includes several atheists) began talking with Catholic scholars and then also researching the etymology of words and Biblical cultures. I wanted to know the intent of the original authors, not the intent of those who came up with bright ideas a thousand years later, based on the language and cultures of that time.

Now, what does bother me are those who scoff and demean a Holy God. I am fine with people who sincerely hold no belief to the point they neither scoff nor demean. Nor should anyone ever claim their derision is because of what others say. God is worthy of one's own research and investigation.

That's essentially correct, though the way you put it seems rather odd to me.

I don't know that there will be missionaries knocking on doors or otherwise acting as they do here in this life; but the important point is that everyone will get the chance to learn the Gospel, to accept or reject it, and to experience the consequences of that choice.

Grin. I am probably more conservative than most. Firmly grounded? I would say I am, after decades of research and investigation, deeply rooted in the word of God as presented by the original authors as opposed to the English/Modern Western Culture views.

I see no harm in non-Catholic Christians believing what they wish. They read the verse in English from the view of Modern Western Culture and were satisfied.
I don’t see harm in it either. But you are arriving at COMPLETELY different answers to a very big question.

As you said earlier, their position doesn’t make sense. “(I am surprised it makes sense to so many non-Catholic Christians!)”

Well, it doesn’t make sense to me either. Contradicting each other isn’t exactly clarifying this.

I don’t see harm in it either. But you are arriving at COMPLETELY different answers to a very big question.

As you said earlier, their position doesn’t make sense. “(I am surprised it makes sense to so many non-Catholic Christians!)”

Well, it doesn’t make sense to me either. Contradicting each other isn’t exactly clarifying this.
She doesn't agree with the teachings of her own church. But that's all I'll say.

You are responsible to know these things on your own. .

The simple fact is, if you deny Jesus is the ONLY Way, you are denying Jesus. That's on you -- not me. Not Meriweather. You.

Forum List

Back