Understanding Christianity

This is not a debate of the validity of the Christian religion, but, an explanation of why they are "in your face"...

They aren't 'in your face'; it just appears that way to neurotics and assorted sexual deviants, criminals, and sociopaths; Christians make them all nervous.
They aren't 'in your face'; it just appears that way to neurotics and assorted sexual deviants, criminals, and sociopaths; Christians make them all nervous.

images

typical christian sociopathic response ...

lol so you were forced to attend a rally? Your sniveling is about free speech? Oh my, you poor lil Snowflake! Do you want to marry your puppy or something, and those Xian Meanies won't validate your needs and that makes you feel all oppressed n stuff?

Another mystery: Why aren't those who proclaim this great interest in science not spending their time on a science forum? Why do they spend so much time in a forum where they profess no belief and no interest in truly learning about the faith of others?
I'm trying to help you all see reality and stop living in a fantasy world. Just trying to be a good person and help out.

Religion is mythology. Nobody can prove mythology.

However you want to phrase it, God cannot be proven. We agree on that.

Unlike religion, God can't be disproved.
God can neither be proven or disproven, that's why agnostic is the only real thinking person's position.

Can any theory of creation be proven or disproven? No. Otherwise, there would be no debate...

God can neither be proven or disproven, that's why agnostic is the only real thinking person's position.

Can any theory of creation be proven or disproven? No. Otherwise, there would be no debate...
That's why being agnostic is the only way to go.

yes.

the debate in science is to determine the answer for creation that does exist the Free Spirit likewise may come to a tangential conclusion using reason, conversely the corrupt writings of forsaken religions offer no opportunity for research and relegate their followers to self deception as their only choice, choosing abject literature over reality.

yes.

the debate in science is to determine the answer for creation that does exist the Free Spirit likewise may come to a tangential conclusion using reason, conversely the corrupt writings of forsaken religions offer no opportunity for research and relegate their followers to self deception as their only choice, choosing abject literature over reality.

Well theories can be proven (duh) ... but there are some things like how we got here, and why, that can't be proven

That's poor reasoning on your part. It does not follow from my comments that i would be ignorant of that idea.

And it has always been silly. The main reason being, one can "reason" anything, and if one starts from bad premises or bad evidence, one can reason amything false or unsupported to be true.

No, it's not poor reasoning. The remark came across as ignorant and vulgar--and the vulgarity only served to emphasize the ignorance.

As we cannot read minds, I always recommend people present their own beliefs and leave it to others to present theirs. Reasoning can--and often does--start with facts and good premises as well. Can it be misused? Sure.
While it was vulgar, it was in no way ignorant. "Reason-based faith" is still faith. And a distinction must be drawn between this and, for instance, using deductive reasoning to make a prediction from a scientifc theory.

Reason needs fact. How can you deduce fact from mythology?
Reason most certainly does not require fact. Reason is a process which operates on assertions. I can use valid reasoning to reach any conclusion which suits me. That's why we need empiricism: so we can verify or debunk the truth of assertions on which reason operates.

yes.

Well theories can be proven (duh) ... but there are some things like how we got here, and why, that can't be proven

If you believe that, then you should also be live that anyone who claims to know is full of it.

yes.

but there are some things like how we got here, and why, that can't be proven ...

yes they can and will be.

certainly in the next 10,000 years or just 1K the how will be scientifically known / proven there may be more than one answer for the why. corresponding the answers to the 4th century book the same as with evolution will be nothing more than exercising a futility.

yes.

but there are some things like how we got here, and why, that can't be proven ...

certainly in the next 10,000 years or just 1K the how will be scientifically known / proven there may be more than one answer for the why. corresponding the answers to the 4th century book the same as with evolution will be nothing more than exercising a futility.
Dude, please tell it to me like I'm 5....Kay?

yes.

... but there are some things like how we got here, and why, that can't be proven

I'll have to admit, I'm left wondering ...

I'm trying to help you all see reality and stop living in a fantasy world. Just trying to be a good person and help out.

It's more like you want people to see and accept your reality as the only reality. Until you understand people can live a deeper reality and stop with assumption that anything that is not your reality must be fantasy, there is really not much help. There is something real beyond just trying to be a good person and help out. Until you can see that reality, you cannot be of any help to those who do. It's like a blind person trying to convince a person with sight that there is no light. Perhaps just accept your reality is different from ours, and that yours is not the only reality--just as blindness or deafness is not everyone's reality.

An experience of God--even if it cannot be proven by scientific methods--is why the real thinking person goes beyond agnosticism.

yes.

Well, his atttitude towards Da Evul Xians is the same as some 8 year old who just found out Santa Claus wasn't real and he's a'' butthurt over it and never got over finding that out, nothing remotely intellectual about his non-belief. We know the latter because he repeatedly babbles gibberish about 'Da Bible wuzn't invented until the 4th century n stuff'', a clear indication his only sources are other 8 year olds with the same emotional retardation he suffers from, so don't take him seriously.

An experience of God--even if it cannot be proven by scientific methods--is why the real thinking person goes beyond agnosticism.
Knowing you had "an experience of god" would have to be inherently intuitive, and so have zero to do with thought, wouldn't it?

Forum List

Back