Understanding Christianity

Can any theory of creation be proven or disproven? No. Otherwise, there would be no debate...
Can any theory of creation be proven or disproven? No. Otherwise, there would be no debate...

yes.

the debate in science is to determine the answer for creation that does exist the Free Spirit likewise may come to a tangential conclusion using reason, conversely the corrupt writings of forsaken religions offer no opportunity for research and relegate their followers to self deception as their only choice, choosing abject literature over reality.

Well theories can be proven (duh) ... but there are some things like how we got here, and why, that can't be proven
Well theories can be proven (duh) ... but there are some things like how we got here, and why, that can't be proven

but there are some things like how we got here, and why, that can't be proven ...

yes they can and will be.

certainly in the next 10,000 years or just 1K the how will be scientifically known / proven there may be more than one answer for the why. corresponding the answers to the 4th century book the same as with evolution will be nothing more than exercising a futility.
Dude, please tell it to me like I'm 5....Kay?

Well, his atttitude towards Da Evul Xians is the same as some 8 year old who just found out Santa Claus wasn't real and he's a'' butthurt over it and never got over finding that out, nothing remotely intellectual about his non-belief. We know the latter because he repeatedly babbles gibberish about 'Da Bible wuzn't invented until the 4th century n stuff'', a clear indication his only sources are other 8 year olds with the same emotional retardation he suffers from, so don't take him seriously.
Well, his atttitude towards Da Evul Xians is the same as some 8 year old who just found out Santa Claus wasn't real and he's a'' butthurt over it and never got over finding that out, nothing remotely intellectual about his non-belief. We know the latter because he repeatedly babbles gibberish about 'Da Bible wuzn't invented until the 4th century n stuff'', a clear indication his only sources are other 8 year olds with the same emotional retardation he suffers from, so don't take him seriously.

- about his non-belief.

you are a joke Pico the non believers are the ones that need to read for their religion a contrived 10,000 pg. 4th century book that is the opposite of the earlier events it salaciously pretends to represent.

Knowing...how? How does one know h

There is no trick to it. In the same way one knows anything else.
Knowing...how? How does one know he has had "an experience of god"?

You are dodging. There is more than one way to know something. For instance, one can deduce the mass of an object by weighing it, if I know the strength of gravity. Clearly this type of simple, direct deduction is not a way to know that one has had "an experience of god".

I will ask again: How does one know he has had an "experience of god".

You are dodging. There is more than one way to know something. For instance, one can deduce the mass of an object by weighing it, if I know the strength of gravity. Clearly this type of simple, direct deduction is not a way to know that one has had "an experience of god".

I will ask again: How does one know he has had an "experience of god"?

Not dodging. I just can't help you. If you don't know how you know something, or someone, or whether something is dream or imagination or reality, I don't know how else to explain it.

Not dodging. I just can't help you. If you don't know how you know something, or someone, or whether something is dream or imagination or reality, I don't know how else to explain it.

You can't blame me for you not being able to explain it. If you can't explain it, you should have just said that. I would have said, "Okay". But, I have to point out, , we've kind of drifted away from your idea that a true thinking person knows when he has "an experience of god". It sees to me a thinking person could explain that to another person.

And, worth noting: Human beings are notorious for being easily fooled, and for fooling themselves. Anyone can be fooled, and anyone can fool themselves. You, me, anybody. So, anyone can sometimes lose the ability to tell the difference between imaginary and real. That being the case, your conditional statement, "If you don't know how you know something, or someone, or whether something is dream or imagination or reality...." can sometimes be applied to everyone, including you. Perhaps we could apply it to your "experience of god"? Maybe you were fooled?

I'm trying to help you all see reality and stop living in a fantasy world. Just trying to be a good person and help out.

It's more like you want people to see and accept your reality as the only reality. Until you understand people can live a deeper reality and stop with assumption that anything that is not your reality must be fantasy, there is really not much help. There is something real beyond just trying to be a good person and help out. Until you can see that reality, you cannot be of any help to those who do. It's like a blind person trying to convince a person with sight that there is no light. Perhaps just accept your reality is different from ours, and that yours is not the only reality--just as blindness or deafness is not everyone's reality.
If there is something real beyond what I see, then you should be able to prove it. If it's actually real that is.

You can't blame me for you not being able to explain it. If you can't explain it, you should have just said that. I would have said, "Okay". But, I have to point out, , we've kind of drifted away from your idea that a true thinking person knows when he has "an experience of god". It sees to me a thinking person could explain that to another person.

And, worth noting: Human beings are notorious for being easily fooled, and for fooling themselves. Anyone can be fooled, and anyone can fool themselves. You, me, anybody. So, anyone can sometimes lose the ability to tell the difference between imaginary and real. That being the case, your conditional statement, "If you don't know how you know something, or someone, or whether something is dream or imagination or reality...." can sometimes be applied to everyone, including you. Perhaps we could apply it to your "experience of god"? Maybe you were fooled?

You are over thinking this. I know I am at a desk because I am at a desk. I know when I am awake, when am dreaming, when I am imagining things, etc. I presume this is true of most people.

No, I was not fooled. Not surprised you would come to that conclusion as it seems the "Go to" line for some militant non-believers. Keep in mind, however, a conclusion can also be the point where someone stops thinking/considering all possibilities. In your case, your conclusion is, "It can't be God because I don't believe there is a God--therefore the person must have been fooled."

God can neither be proven or disproven, that's why agnostic is the only real thinking person's position.

An experience of God--even if it cannot be proven by scientific methods--is why the real thinking person goes beyond agnosticism.
Except nobody has ever had a real experience with "god". You sure haven't shown that.

If there is something real beyond what I see, then you should be able to prove it. If it's actually real that is.

There are many things in the physical realm science cannot explain/prove...yet. Doesn't mean it won't happen. That's the difference between explorers and settlers. Explorers continue seeking while settlers decide to stay where they are.

Except nobody has ever had a real experience with "god". You sure haven't shown that.

As we all agree, I can't prove the experience of God any more than I can prove any private conversation or that we went somewhere together with friends and family who have since passed on. There is probably more in any individual life that cannot be proven than can be proven.

excellent question.

First a person has some spectacular life altering vision that no one else can see that makes them question their sanity for forty days and forty nights during which time, according to scripture, God proves himself.

There is nothing subtle about it.

According to scripture he also gives them a way to prove it to others as well.

A fulfilled prophecy of the future is the great seal of the living God.

Many times Jesus told people about things before they happened, a scientific impossibility, "So that you may come to believe that God sent me."

Last edited:

There are many things in the physical realm science cannot explain/prove...yet. Doesn't mean it won't happen. That's the difference between explorers and settlers. Explorers continue seeking while settlers decide to stay where they are.
That's why I'm agnostic, because I see no proof yet either way, for or against a god. You've settled on a god you have no possibility of proving. It's kinda sad actually.

As we all agree, I can't prove the experience of God any more than I can prove any private conversation or that we went somewhere together with friends and family who have since passed on. There is probably more in any individual life that cannot be proven than can be proven.
So you just decide, hey, that was a brush with god! Because you feel like it. Got it. Pretty lame as well.

I know that from the moment I (an atheist for several years) had my experience with Jesus in Nov of 1973 (after saying "Jesus if you are alive please help me")

from that moment till now I've never doubted that Jesus is alive with power and has me (and everyone) under surveillance.

from that moment till now I've never doubted that Jesus is alive with power and has me (and everyone) under surveillance.
So you think Google is Jesus? *L*

No, Jesus is more powerful than Google. No kidding.
Then bring him to the forum, should not be a problem right, or is he sleeping?
1st Kings 18:25,27 Elijah said to the prophets of Baal
"Call on the name of your god..."And it came to pass at noon,that Elijah mocked them, and said,"Cry aloud! For surely he is 'God'.Or, perhaps he is deep in thought,Or, perhaps he is busy,Or, perhaps he is on a journey,Or, perhaps he is sleeping, and must be woken."

I know that from the moment I (an atheist for several years) had my experience with Jesus in Nov of 1973 (after saying "Jesus if you are alive please help me")

So why doesn't he cure everyone of cancer?

Why don't you give your children a snake when they ask for an egg?

Why do you give them meat and vegetables even if all they want is candy?

Last edited:

Why don't you give your children a snake when they ask for an egg?

Why do you give them meat and vegetables even if all they want is candy?
How is this even relevant? :dunno:

Forum List

Back