Unemployment down to 3.9%

The thing is you can’t spin the economic news. We all live it and we watch our friends and neighbors live it.

That’s why when Hillary ran on continuing Obamanomics for the ‘great’ economy she committed political suicide.

No one has denied that the Obama economy, which Trump is riding, is good.

Trump is the election focus, no matter how much the GOP will try to sell differently.

The American electorate is now wise to the GOP/Alt Right Fake Alt Right Media (FARM) propaganda.

No one has denied that the Obama economy, which Trump is riding, is good.

Trump is the election focus, no matter how much the GOP will try to sell differently.

The American electorate is now wise to the GOP/Alt Right Fake Alt Right Media (FARM) propaganda.

Aw, come on. That's just the irrational butthurt talkin. This is great news for the country.

Actually no, part time jobs numbers have dropped.
And, jobs increased other than minimum wage jobs-

Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 164,000 in April, compared with an average monthly gain of 191,000 over the prior 12 months. In April, job gains occurred in professional and business services, manufacturing, health care, and mining. (See table B-1.)
In April, employment in professional and business services increased by 54,000. Over the past 12 months, the industry has added 518,000 jobs.
Employment in manufacturing increased by 24,000 in April. Most of the gain was in the durable goods component, with machinery adding 8,000 jobs and employment in fabricated metal products continuing to trend up (+4,000). Manufacturing employment has risen by 245,000 over the year, with about three- fourths of the growth in durable goods industries.
Health care added 24,000 jobs in April and 305,000 jobs over the year. In April, employment rose in ambulatory health care services (+17,000) and hospitals (+8,000).
In April, employment in mining increased by 8,000, with most of the gain occurring in support activities for mining (+7,000). Since a recent low in October 2016, employment in mining has risen by 86,000.
Employment changed little over the month in other major industries, including construction, wholesale trade, retail trade, transportation and warehousing, information, financial activities, leisure and hospitality, and government.

Black unemployment also dropped by another .3, down to 6.6%

Good news for America. Lowest since 2000.

160k new jobs. Good news.

Happy Friday!

yes it started in 2010. Now we'd like a link, which jobs were created?
many minimum wage and part time jobs like always.....

Aw, come on: I know the truth irks you, Dschrute3. I have been pleased with the economy since 2016. It's running fine until the unwise GOP policies once again bust it. And, once again, I will be in position to do well because of GOP greed.

The election, though, is a referendum on Trump and GOP foolish.

214B8367-E40B-47E2-8F45-66E2963650E7.gif

Wrong, Clinton’s avg unemployment rate was 5.2%. And your other number is fake, too.
Yeah lowest unemployment rate since the 70's and the jobs report is weak........go figure
It was lower under Clinton!
And it is weak because nearly half a million dropped out of the labor force.
link?

Wrong, Clinton’s avg unemployment rate was 5.2%. And your other number is fake, too.
Yeah lowest unemployment rate since the 70's and the jobs report is weak........go figure
It was lower under Clinton!
And it is weak because nearly half a million dropped out of the labor force.
Notice how the worthless lying scum Right always move the goalposts when they are caught lying!!!!
Tramp's 3.9% rate is NOT an average, it is a one month rate. Clinton had a 3.8% month and several 3.8% months.

Happy Friday!

No, it's not good news actually.

1) Trump said many times on the campaign trail that the U-3 (the official unemployment rate) is 'bogus'. And he was dead right (and 'yes'...it was still 'bogus' under Obama - I am not a Dem or a Rep).

Trump Says the Unemployment Rate Is Bogus -- and His Labor Pick Puzder Agrees

So the drop in the U-3 means nothing.

2) Plus, even if you do care about the U-3? It is NOT based on the Establishment Survey (the number in the OP). The U-3 is based on the Household Survey. And that survey showed only 3,000 more people employed in April.

The only reason the U-3 dropped was because 236,000 people left the labor force in April.

Employment Situation Summary Table A. Household data, seasonally adjusted

3) A FAR better measurement of the employment situation is the Employment-Population ratio. And that went down last month (down is bad).

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

So, the employment picture for April actually got a little worse...not better.

ALWAYS look beyond the headlines.
Republican president and suddenly the liberals want to ignore the U3. We don't change the rules when the outcome is favorable to your opposition. If the numbers look "worse" for liberals, it's because there are more jobs than can be filled.

Happy Friday!

1) Trump said many times on the campaign trail that the U-3 (the official unemployment rate) is 'bogus'. And he was dead right (and 'yes'...it was still 'bogus' under Obama - I am not a Dem or a Rep).

2) Plus, even if you do care about the U-3? It is NOT based on the Establishment Survey (the number in the OP). The U-3 is based on the Household Survey. And that survey showed only 3,000 more people employed in April.

The only reason the U-3 dropped was because 236,000 people left the labor force in April.

3) A FAR better measurement of the employment situation is the Employment-Population ratio. And that went down last month (down is bad).

Republican president and suddenly the liberals want to ignore the U3. We don't change the rules when the outcome is favorable to your opposition. If the numbers look "worse" for liberals, it's because there are more jobs than can be filled.

A) I am neither Dem nor Rep. I was knocking the numbers under Obama as well.

B) Trump himself has called the U-3 a 'Hoax' several times (rightly).

C) The U-3 is based on the Household Survey...and that only went up 3,000 last month.

So if you support the U-3 (against Trump's own advice), then you have to accept that only 3,000 jobs were created last month in the Household Survey.
The '164,000' number has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the unemployment rate.

My guess is that you have little idea what you are talking about on this and just get all bent out of shape when someone knocks fed numbers while Trump is in power...like Trumpbots do.
Obamabots did the same thing when he was in the WH.

Happy Friday!

C) The U-3 is based on the Household Survey...and that only went up 3,000 last month.

So if you support the U-3 (against Trump's own advice), then you have to accept that only 3,000 jobs were created last month in the Household Survey.

My guess is that you have little idea what you are talking about on this and just get all bent out of shape when someone knocks fed numbers while Trump is in power...like Trumpbots do.
Trump is right
The real unemployment rate is 52 percent

Happy Friday!

Trump is right
The real unemployment rate is 52 percent

I do not know what it really is. But Trump IS right that the U-3 is a hoax. It is a ridiculous joke.

Forum List

Back