Unemployment falls to 8.3%

So Reagan spent a trillion dollars to take the unemployment rate from 8% to 10%? ....:eusa_liar:

Yes, Reagan added significantly to the debt, and ran significant deficits, just like Obama did.

Next question?

Show us when Reagan presided over 10% unemployment and spent 800 billion dollars to get there.........:eusa_whistle:
Much less demanding Debt Ceiling hikes, buying failed corporations, lending money to failed technology companies that go belly up that the taxpayers are left to holding the bag after mass layoffs ensue.

And I'd challange anyone to show where Reagan took funds from Unions and payed it back by giving jobs back to unions.

I seem to remember he FIRED Union creeps that chose to disable Air traffic control in this country if they didn't get thier way.

The President's PR hacks like to pretend that The One deserves all credit for anything that is reported as "good" economic news. Their propagandists house organ (the liberal MSM) dutifully reports it as such.

The President's PR hacks like to pretend that the prior Administration (the evil Booooooosh) and the Republican controlled House of Representatives deserve all blame for anything that is reported as "bad" economic news. Their propagandists house organ (the liberal MSM) dutifully reports it as such.

To expose that fraud, I say we ought ot just spin it.

Instead of the dishonest hack journalism by the liberal Lame Stream Media and the false claims of the Obama Administration, I maintain that the FRUITS of the SOUND economic policies of the conservative/Republicans in Congress (stymieing the deceitful and dangerous efforts of the liberals) is the reason for the improvement in the economy DESPITE the woeful efforts of the misguided liberal Democratics and the Obama regime!

And ALL economic bad news is the product of the idiocy of the Obama Administration and the failed policies crammed through by the liberals AGAINST the will of the American people!

Amen.

Show us when Reagan presided over 10% unemployment and spent 800 billion dollars to get there.........:eusa_whistle:

Reagan ran up a deficit of 3 Trillion dollars during his eight years in office.

Adjusted for inflation, that number is 6+Trillion dollars.

Since most of those deficits happened during his first term, while trying to repair the economy, one can easily figure that (in inflation adjusted dollars) he had spent well over a trillion dollars by this point.

Here are the unemployment numbers for Reagan's first 3 years:

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Annual
1981 7.5 7.4 7.4 7.2 7.5 7.5 7.2 7.4 7.6 7.9 8.3 8.5
1982 8.6 8.9 9.0 9.3 9.4 9.6 9.8 9.8 10.1 10.4 10.8 10.8
1983 10.4 10.4 10.3 10.2 10.1 10.1 9.4 9.5 9.2 8.8 8.5 8.3

Since most of those deficits happened during his first term, while trying to repair the economy, one can easily figure that (in inflation adjusted dollars) he had spent well over a trillion dollars by this point.

exactly. and when did his recession end?

come now, we have been over this before, pony up....:lol:

Reagan was dealing with a Democrat Congress...Same as Obama...

NEXT

Ahh, I see.

If something good happens, then it's the Republicans that made it happen.

If something bad happens, then it's the Democrats that did it.

LOL.

Look, if you people want to blame Obama for everything, which seems to be your M.O., then when comparisons are made to other presidents, you can't suddenly change the circumstances.

The facts remain:

This economy is almost exactly like the economy of Reagan's first term, except that Reagan performed slightly worse.

Papa Obama is presiding over the slowest jobs recovery since they have been keeping
records

Truth is hard for the Left
In fact, it is their worst enemy

Next you will be telling us that Papa Obama's energy policies really worked

True Story!
icon14.gif

Reagan was dealing with a Democrat Congress...Same as Obama...

NEXT

Ahh, I see.

If something good happens, then it's the Republicans that made it happen.

If something bad happens, then it's the Democrats that did it.

LOL.

Look, if you people want to blame Obama for everything, which seems to be your M.O., then when comparisons are made to other presidents, you can't suddenly change the circumstances.

The facts remain:

This economy is almost exactly like the economy of Reagan's first term, except that Reagan performed slightly worse.

you had better clean your glasses- post the gdp for q1-2-3 in 1983, was what? how many jobs were created in that 2 and 3 quarters? better yet track the unemployment at the same time after his recession and now look at obamas?

this hi de ho over a net 100k jobs is fine, hey, I am glad if one person net gets a job, but lets keep things in perspective shall we?

Last edited:

His first recession ended within a year of him taking office.

His SECOND recession ended significantly later.

What bearing would that have on whether or not he had better unemployment figures, and whether or not he spent as much money as Obama?

Congrats on half an answer, where was Reagan's 800 billion dollar slush fund, i mean stimulus package? ....

And Reagan used tax cuts to get unemployment down to 5% and create 21 million jobs, despite the damage Carter had done, but Obama is more interested in class warfare, which will get us nowhere......

you had better clean your glasses- post the gdp for q1-2-3 in 1983, was what? how many jobs were created in that 2 and 3 quarters? better yet track the unemployment at the same time after his recession and now look at obamas?

this hi de ho over a net 100k jobs is fine, hey, I am glad if one person net gets a job, but lets keep things in perspective shall we?

I just posted Reagan's figures. Obama's are better.

That post was badly formatted, here let's try this:

vast-lwc-albums-pictures-picture4280t-reagan-unemployment.jpg

And why does Obama want to do exactly the opposite of what Reagan did? ... :lol: Vast will stay away from that one......

His first recession ended within a year of him taking office.

His SECOND recession ended significantly later.

What bearing would that have on whether or not he had better unemployment figures, and whether or not he spent as much money as Obama?

I said the REAGAN recession, HIS the one he let Volcker run, not the carter hangover recession.....don't play games.

and WHEN was later and what were the figures? you have seen them, I posted them for you last time we had this out, goggle stills exists.

what bearing? please huh...:lol:

I just posted Reagan's figures. Obama's are better.

That post was badly formatted, here let's try this:

vast-lwc-albums-pictures-picture4280t-reagan-unemployment.jpg

I saw them fine..... you're changing the goalposts to make it convenient for you, you're drunker than hell dude:lol:

Much less demanding Debt Ceiling hikes, buying failed corporations, lending money to failed technology companies that go belly up that the taxpayers are left to holding the bag after mass layoffs ensue.

And I'd challange anyone to show where Reagan took funds from Unions and payed it back by giving jobs back to unions.

I seem to remember he FIRED Union creeps that chose to disable Air traffic control in this country if they didn't get thier way.

What does any of that have to do with the added debt to unemployment ratio?

Future political talking point:

"oh, yeah, well maybe. but I tell you this much. There was NEVER a QUADRILLION dollar debt under President Obama!"

The only questions are:

How long before we hear this?

Will we still BE the United States when that sad day comes?

Reagan's deficit was an average of 4.2% of GDP over the entire 8 years of his presidency.

Reaganomics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One would have to figure that most of that was in the first 4 years. After all, he wouldn't have been adding large percentages of the GDP in debt in the second half of his presidency, right?

That would mean he had pretty similar deficit spending to Obama. And higher unemployment rates for most of his first term, on average.

Congrats on half an answer, where was Reagan's 800 billion dollar slush fund, i mean stimulus package? ....

And Reagan used tax cuts to get unemployment down to 5% and create 21 million jobs, despite the damage Carter had done, but Obama is more interested in class warfare, which will get us nowhere......

Tax cuts, stimulus spending... same thing as far as this is concerned.

Both are meant to put more money into the economy to stimulate it.

One is more focused than the other, and the results of each are debatable.

Forum List

Back