Unemployment falls to 8.3%

The U-6 number, which counts the above, is at a 36 month low as well.

Right, a 36 month low, but still more then a percent above when our great leader became president.

You should read that sentence again and check your math. Hint: Obama took office 36 months ago.

Factually the U-6 rate was 14.2 percent when Obama became President and it's 15.1% now. I was repeating their sentence back to them on the 36 months. I don't know all the rates in the middle.

Actually 400K jobs a month creation is considered only a stable jobs situation. Unemployment is higher then when our great leader became president and as you point out job creation is still below stable. The reason unemployment went down is the reason that I pointed out.

Since you are changing the subject...are you admitting that the increase in jobs was not part time jobs like you tried to sell us?

No, I'm saying that the job creation was below stable, but when you add people who gave up all together or took part time work, then it was enough combined to drop the unemployment rate slightly.

If a Republican were president right now, you'd be running in circles holding your head like your hair was on fire that the world was ending right now unemployment is so high.

Obama is the first President since WWII to not have one quarter of 4% annual GDP growth. He's a failure and you can't spin your way out of it.
Not to mention first one in history to garner a credit downgrade for the Federal Gubmint...that is huge by any standard. Let us see him explain that one away.

Obama-serfdom.jpg

Obama's Course By Design
(Image: EIB )​

More sad and telling is how the Left

tries to divide Americans along class envy and race
because they can't run on Papa Obama's economic record

Can we stop resting on the accolades until we get back to prerecession numbers? By the reports I heard tonight, that will be 2017. This president made a series of big blunders that prolonged this recession and employment crisis.

More sad and telling is how the Left

tries to divide Americans along class envy and race
because they can't run on Papa Obama's economic record
Obama can't run on his record wiothout being perceived as disingenous...so all he has left is class warfare and within it will be blame, minimization, denial, and obfuscation backed by $1BN from corporate cronies/Unions.

It is a self fufilling prophecy/story already told. It's like waiting for an act to come out on stage...you already know what they're going to sing.

In all seriousness - a genuine question...

Why do you guys still insist on using this number? (now 8.3%)
Even MSNBC acknowledged last month that the unemployment number is misleading at best, as it does not address the record number of employable people dropping out of the market - as well as removes the context that underemployment is a more serious problem than unemployment.

Please answer this question in a legitimate, specific way.
It doesn't matter which index you use. The fact is that the employment picture is improving. We are creating over 200,000 jobs a month and they aren't government jobs. The total unemployment rate U6 which includes those that have dropped out of the labor market started rising in 2006 long before Obama took office. It peaked in late 2009 at about 17.5% and has fell to below 15%. Both indexes have been in a downtrend since 2009. It's pretty clear where unemployment is headed. If the current trend continues, we should see U3, the traditional reported unemployment rate at about 7.4% by the end of 2012.

Unemployment rate drops to 8.3 percent - CSMonitor.com

Going is right

CBO:

Participation in the Labor Force. The unemployment rate would be even higher than it is now had participation in the labor force not declined as much as it has over the past few years. The rate of participation in the labor force fell from 66 percent in 2007 to an average of 64 percent in the second half of 2011, an unusually large decline over so short a time. About a third of that decline reflects factors other than the downturn, such as the aging of the baby-boom generation. But even with those factors removed, the estimated decline in that rate during the past four years is larger than has been typical of past downturns, even after accounting for the greater severity of this downturn. Had that portion of the decline in the labor force participation rate since 2007 that is attributable to neither the aging of the baby boomers nor the downturn in the business cycle (on the basis of the experience in previous downturns) not occurred, the unemployment rate in the fourth quarter of 2011 would have been about 1¼ percentage points higher than the actual rate of 8.7 percent.

If things continue as they are

This election will be on

Does Papa Obama deserve to be reelected?

At this point, the majority say no....
About 5 trillion got us what
nothing much
One of the things that is so encouraging about the latest employment figures is that unemployment decreased even thou more people have entered the labor market.

If we continue to add jobs at the rate of 150,000 to 200,000 a month, Romney is going to be toast in the general election assuming he makes it that far.

One of the things that is so encouraging about the latest employment figures is that unemployment decreased even thou more people have entered the labor market.

If we continue to add jobs at the rate of 150,000 to 200,000 a month, Romney is going to be toast in the general election assuming he makes it that far.

So why are you still on Food Stamps, asslips?

And once again we see conservatives wishing their fellow Americans continue to suffer so the right might realize some perceived political gain.

Very sad and telling.

Not at all, were laughing at dumb monkey ass moonbats that are celebrating the touchdown they just scored with two minutes to go. Ignoring the fact that they're still down by six touchdowns. Conservatives wanting the economy to do poorly is just the way you faggots spin and deflect........

Last edited:
And once again we see conservatives wishing their fellow Americans continue to suffer so the right might realize some perceived political gain.

Very sad and telling.

Not at all, were laughing at dumb monkey ass moonbats that are celebrating the touchdown they just scored with two minutes to go. Ignoring the fact that they're still down by six touchdowns........
icon14.gif

here's the thing that drives me crazy...

if no politician passed any laws, ever, the economy would still ebb and flow and go trough some major peaks and some major dips. and if politicians had zero affect on the economy, the majority of americans would be cheering when things got better (and never cheer when things were bad). but, since some people are so into party before country (and could care less about families that are suffering), they hope that the economy stays bad (again, regardless of how it affect their fellow americans) so that their side can regain power. i've seen both set of partisans do it during my long life. i would be embarrassed in myself if i cheered for bad times just to get a guy elected to an office. it's as if parents didn't teach their kids about priorities (and now those kids are voting).

It is even worse when politicians try to divide Americans with class envy
oh never mind
:eusa_whistle:

or radio/tv hosts (from both sides) who try to divide americans with wedge issues. but, to tell the truth, i feel more sorry for the suckers who fall for it.

It doesn't matter which index you use. The fact is that the employment picture is improving. We are creating over 200,000 jobs a month and they aren't government jobs. The total unemployment rate U6 which includes those that have dropped out of the labor market started rising in 2006 long before Obama took office. It peaked in late 2009 at about 17.5% and has fell to below 15%. Both indexes have been in a downtrend since 2009. It's pretty clear where unemployment is headed. If the current trend continues, we should see U3, the traditional reported unemployment rate at about 7.4% by the end of 2012.

Unemployment rate drops to 8.3 percent - CSMonitor.com

Going is right

CBO:

Participation in the Labor Force. The unemployment rate would be even higher than it is now had participation in the labor force not declined as much as it has over the past few years. The rate of participation in the labor force fell from 66 percent in 2007 to an average of 64 percent in the second half of 2011, an unusually large decline over so short a time. About a third of that decline reflects factors other than the downturn, such as the aging of the baby-boom generation. But even with those factors removed, the estimated decline in that rate during the past four years is larger than has been typical of past downturns, even after accounting for the greater severity of this downturn. Had that portion of the decline in the labor force participation rate since 2007 that is attributable to neither the aging of the baby boomers nor the downturn in the business cycle (on the basis of the experience in previous downturns) not occurred, the unemployment rate in the fourth quarter of 2011 would have been about 1¼ percentage points higher than the actual rate of 8.7 percent.

If things continue as they are

This election will be on

Does Papa Obama deserve to be reelected?

At this point, the majority say no....
About 5 trillion got us what
nothing much

About that...

Many people are simply giving up and taking SS when unemployment benefits run out. Also, many have taken SSDI or are not looking at this point. These figures will create optimism in many of those who gave up and will once again reenter the count.

Rising fuel prices will dampen recovery numbers too.

Very sad and telling.

So when you were trashing W, were the things you said about him "wishing" your "fellow Americans continue to suffer?" Or were you criticizing W hoping it would stop?

Unemployment falls to 8.3%

I say keep it rollin. We got a long way to go. Good thing we didn't have that cap & tax, heh?

I am delighted with the progress of DEVALUE my home has achieved over the last few years. It tickles me to death as it's worth drops - like every other home in America. I also enjoy it when my 401K tanks. It's a fantastic sensation.

I know that this is a response to an old post, but I just had to say this:

The real estate market collapsed before Obama took office. I guess you must have missed that.

Oh, and if your 401k has "tanked" since Obama took office, then you have made some REALLY FUCKING BAD CHOICES in your investments.

Because the stock market has gone up 6000 points since Obama's inauguration.

I am delighted with the progress of DEVALUE my home has achieved over the last few years. It tickles me to death as it's worth drops - like every other home in America. I also enjoy it when my 401K tanks. It's a fantastic sensation.

I know that this is a response to an old post, but I just had to say this:

The real estate market collapsed before Obama took office. I guess you must have missed that.

Oh, and if your 401k has "tanked" since Obama took office, then you have made some REALLY FUCKING BAD CHOICES in your investments.

Because the stock market has gone up 6000 points since Obama's inauguration.

New home sales are the lowest they've been since 1963, but i feel much better Obama's taking it in the right direction....:thup:

Housing prices are expected to continue a downward trend in 2012.

While I am happy for every American that can return to work, I am still concerned about the disparity between their prior employment wage rate and the one they have now.

Forum List

Back