Unemployment falls to 8.3%

I said the REAGAN recession, HIS the one he let Volcker run, not the carter hangover recession.....don't play games.

and WHEN was later and what were the figures? you have seen them, I posted them for you last time we had this out, goggle stills exists.

what bearing? please huh...:lol:

That's apples and oranges.

Why would you discount the Carter recession?

Why would you discount the Bush recession?

I'm just looking at the numbers, after all, that's what were discussing here.

o6aoz41gv

image upload

When they can get unemployment (FREE MONEY) why keep looking

Looks like we can't even get one of these dug-in nutters to admit that 23 consecutive months of private sector job growth is something to be happy about.

No different than left wing fisters who CAN'T admit
Papa Obama has had

The Worst Economic Recovery Since The Great Depression

The record of President Obama’s first three years in office is in, and nothing that happens now can go back and change that.
What that record shows is that President Obama, with his throwback, old-fashioned, 1970s Keynesian economics,
has put America through the worst recovery from a recession since the Great Depression.

Last edited:
And why does Obama want to do exactly the opposite of what Reagan did? ... :lol: Vast will stay away from that one......

He... doesn't?

Bullshit, how many times did you hear Reagan whining about "paying their fair share" ? Obama wants to raise taxes, Reagan brought this country to economic prosperity by lowering taxes.....:eusa_liar::cuckoo:

look at the U.S. Govt's Bureau of Labor Statistics monthly report.

Dec. 2011 . Jan. 2012
------------------------------------------------------------
153.373 . . . 153.485 . . . Civilian labor force (millions)
140.681 . . . 139.944 . . . No. of persons employed (millions)
12.692 . . . . 13.541 . . . No. of persons unemployed (millions)
. . 8.3% . . . . 8.8% . . . . Unemployment rate (percent)

These are the raw numbers, compiled by the government. See them at: Table A-1. Employment status of the civilian population

Looks to me like the unemployment rate went UP from Dec. 2011 to Jan 2012. And the number of people unemployed went UP, by 849 thousand people. (6.7% MORE people were unemployed in Jan than in Dec).

"Seasonal adjustments" have somehow made this go away.

Ahh, now I see.

You feel that "Seasonal Adjustments" are somehow being used to rewrite the unemployment numbers.

Do you understand the reason for seasonal adjustments?

Here, let me lay it out for you:

"Seasonally adjusted" is a process whereby normal seasonal changes are removed or discounted from monthly data. Taking employment as an example, we know that some industries show large fluctuations in employment because they need more or less employees at certain times of the year. Ski resorts, for instance, hire far more employees in the winter months to accommodate snow skiing season. Employment in education fluctuates greatly at the beginning and the ending of the school year. Retail businesses typically hire more employees during the holiday season late in the year

What is a "Seasonal Adjustment"?

If you want to change the numbers to be non-seasonally adjusted, then you'll have to change the numbers for the past 50 years in a similar manner to make any kind of meaningful comparison.

You realize the population has grown since 2008 right? More people entering the job market due to that fact.

And why does Obama want to do exactly the opposite of what Reagan did? ... :lol: Vast will stay away from that one......

He... doesn't?

Bullshit, how many times did you hear Reagan whining about "paying their fair share" ? Obama wants to raise taxes, Reagan brought this country to economic prosperity by lowering taxes.....:eusa_liar::cuckoo:

Reagan whined about Welfare Queens not paying their fair share

The super wealthy were given massive tax cuts

Yea!!!!!! 8.3% wow!...good thing it's not a republican administration or the media would be telling us how bad 8.3% is...don't be fooled by fools. since when is 8.3% a good thing?

For the record, the average unemployment rate under Bush was 5.2%. It was only as high as 7.3% one time, and that was the last month of Bush's regime.
Damn, you mindless Dittotards parrot your MessiahRushie WORD FOR WORD.
BTW, the last month of the "Bush REGIME" Jan, 2009 U-3 was 7.8%, up from the 3.9% for the year 2000 that Clinton passed on to him, and 8.3% before the Stimulus was passed.

February 03, 2012
BREAK TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: So even if the unemployment number is 8.3%, it took us $5 trillion in spending to get there. For the record, the average unemployment rate under Bush was 5.2%. It was only as high as 7.3% one time, and that was the last month of Bush's regime, and that happens to coincide with the bottom falling out of the national mood after Obama had won. That's when businesses started firing people, laying people off, was after November of 2008.
END TRANSCRIPT

The recovery continues....

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- American employers substantially stepped up their hiring in January, bringing the unemployment rate down for the fifth month in a row.

Employers added 243,000 jobs in January, the Labor Department reported Friday, marking a pick-up in hiring from December, when the economy added 203,000 jobs.

Meanwhile, the unemployment rate fell to 8.3%. That is the lowest since February 2009.

Job growth was much stronger than expected. Economists surveyed by CNNMoney had forecast 130,000 jobs added in the month, and that the unemployment rate likely ticked up to 8.6%.

January jobs report: Hiring ramps up, unemployment falls - Feb. 3, 2012

And you're still on Food Stamps? Shit man, get dressed and out of the trailer. There's shitload of "Shovel Ready" shit jobs you're probably qualified for. Make sure you fill 'er up at $4.00 a gallon before heading out...

Asswipe.

My, my, another dumb fuck wishing ill on fellow Americans.

Yea!!!!!! 8.3% wow!...good thing it's not a republican administration or the media would be telling us how bad 8.3% is...don't be fooled by fools. since when is 8.3% a good thing?

For the record, the average unemployment rate under Bush was 5.2%. It was only as high as 7.3% one time, and that was the last month of Bush's regime.
BTW, the last month of the "Bush REGIME" Jan, 2009 U-3 was 7.8%, up from the 3.9% for the year 2000 that Clinton passed on to him, and 8.3% before the Stimulus was passed.

February 03, 2012
BREAK TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: So even if the unemployment number is 8.3%, it took us $5 trillion in spending to get there. For the record, the average unemployment rate under Bush was 5.2%. It was only as high as 7.3% one time, and that was the last month of Bush's regime, and that happens to coincide with the bottom falling out of the national mood after Obama had won. That's when businesses started firing people, laying people off, was after November of 2008.
END TRANSCRIPT

Ouch! Don't scare the parrots!

The way this ***INDEPENDENT*** remembers it is the bottom was falling out of the housing bubble in September/October of 2008 with the final nail of the coffin being placed by the speculative over pricing of energy in the summer of 2008. Geez, who was in office then? Since huge ocean liners take massive time and swaths of real estate to turn around, who might be the responsible party here? Anyone want to honestly step up to the plate.

Not likely, heh? But , many of us are not so short sighted.

Last edited:
The recovery continues....

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- American employers substantially stepped up their hiring in January, bringing the unemployment rate down for the fifth month in a row.

Employers added 243,000 jobs in January, the Labor Department reported Friday, marking a pick-up in hiring from December, when the economy added 203,000 jobs.

Meanwhile, the unemployment rate fell to 8.3%. That is the lowest since February 2009.

Job growth was much stronger than expected. Economists surveyed by CNNMoney had forecast 130,000 jobs added in the month, and that the unemployment rate likely ticked up to 8.6%.

January jobs report: Hiring ramps up, unemployment falls - Feb. 3, 2012

And you're still on Food Stamps? Shit man, get dressed and out of the trailer. There's shitload of "Shovel Ready" shit jobs you're probably qualified for. Make sure you fill 'er up at $4.00 a gallon before heading out...

Asswipe.

My, my, another dumb fuck wishing ill on fellow Americans.

He didn't vote for the narcissistic, marxist community organizer, you did.....

Record 1.2 Million People Fall Out Of Labor Force In One Month, Labor Force Participation Rate Tumbles To Fresh 30 Year Low
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 02/03/2012 08:51 -0500

BLS Bureau of Labor Statistics Unemployment Withholding taxes

A month ago, we joked when we said that for Obama to get the unemployment rate to negative by election time, all he has to do is to crush the labor force participation rate to about 55%. Looks like the good folks at the BLS heard us: it appears that the people not in the labor force exploded by an unprecedented record 1.2 million. No, that's not a typo: 1.2 million people dropped out of the labor force in one month! So as the labor force increased from 153.9 million to 154.4 million, the non institutional population increased by 242.3 million meaning, those not in the labor force surged from 86.7 million to 87.9 million. Which means that the civilian labor force tumbled to a fresh 30 year low of 63.7% as the BLS is seriously planning on eliminating nearly half of the available labor pool from the unemployment calculation. As for the quality of jobs, as withholding taxes roll over Year over year, it can only mean that the US is replacing high paying FIRE jobs with low paying construction and manufacturing. So much for the improvement.

Record 1.2 Million People Fall Out Of Labor Force In One Month, Labor Force Participation Rate Tumbles To Fresh 30 Year Low | ZeroHedge

awesome economy!!!:banana::boobies::banana::boobies::banana:
Another blind as a bat Dittotard who can't read. :rofl::lmao:

you had better clean your glasses- post the gdp for q1-2-3 in 1983, was what? how many jobs were created in that 2 and 3 quarters? better yet track the unemployment at the same time after his recession and now look at obamas?

this hi de ho over a net 100k jobs is fine, hey, I am glad if one person net gets a job, but lets keep things in perspective shall we?

Reagan's deficit was an average of 4.2% of GDP over the entire 8 years of his presidency.

Reaganomics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One would have to figure that most of that was in the first 4 years. After all, he wouldn't have been adding large percentages of the GDP in debt in the second half of his presidency, right?

That would mean he had pretty similar deficit spending to Obama. And higher unemployment rates for most of his first term, on average.

I never said anything about the deficit...:eusa_eh:

and you are flatly ignoring what I have asked you and remarked on. I know why, you know why.

the recession ended july of 2009.thats how long ago?

I said the REAGAN recession, HIS the one he let Volcker run, not the carter hangover recession.....don't play games.

and WHEN was later and what were the figures? you have seen them, I posted them for you last time we had this out, goggle stills exists.

what bearing? please huh...:lol:

That's apples and oranges.

Why would you discount the Carter recession?

Why would you discount the Bush recession?

I'm just looking at the numbers, after all, that's what were discussing here.

no your not , unless the english language has changed, go read what I said, again.

I am discounting nothing, you are obfuscating , see my prior post just above. the recession ended 30 months ago......

February 03, 2012
BREAK TRANSCRIPT
END TRANSCRIPT

Ditto

Bush was like a Poker player who brags that he was up $10,000 but leaves out the part where he was broke when he finally left the table

Last edited:

Forum List

Back