Unfortunately my friends, gun control is coming.

There were two armed guards at Columbine... One exchanged fire with the shooters.

The only reason why seconds count is because crazy people have access to weapons they shouldn't have to start with.

True.
How do you propose preventing that?

Thorough background checks before we sell guns, to include ALL members of the household.

Mandetory Insurance if you own a gun, or you have to turn it in. Like all insurance, they do a thorough background check into your circumstances.

Gun Sellers and Manufacturers can be held liable civilly if their guns are used in a shooting incident.

Why should it include all members of the household? Who is a membr of the household? How about daughter's boyfriend? Son's girlfriend. The maid? Her husband?
What will mandatory insurance prevent? What happens when the gun gets stolen?
How can you hold someone responsible for actions outside their control? In what other area do we assign that level of responsibility? What are gun manufacturers supposed to do about people stealing guns?

You don't think very deeply before posting, do you?

Why should it include all members of the household? Who is a membr of the household? How about daughter's boyfriend? Son's girlfriend. The maid? Her husband?
How can you hold someone responsible for actions outside their control? In what other area do we assign that level of responsibility? What are gun manufacturers supposed to do about people stealing guns?

1) member of the household is anyone in that household who could have easy access to the gun.

2) Insurance is risk. if someone gets his gun stolen, the next gun will cost a LOT more to insure. And people who have guns frequently "Stolen", like your monthly straw buyer, won't be able to get insurance at all.

3) You'd be amazed how fast the gun manufacturers will clean up their act when they start losing money. Just look at the tobacco industry.

More to the point, the guy who comes in from out of state and buys six guns a month or whatever the limit is, and comes back and buys six more, and one of his guns is used in a crime after a third party got it. Yeah, you sue the fuck out of the gun seller because he knew EXACTLY what was going on.

1) member of the household is anyone in that household who could have easy access to the gun.

2) Insurance is risk. if someone gets his gun stolen, the next gun will cost a LOT more to insure. And people who have guns frequently "Stolen", like your monthly straw buyer, won't be able to get insurance at all.

3) You'd be amazed how fast the gun manufacturers will clean up their act when they start losing money. Just look at the tobacco industry.

More to the point, the guy who comes in from out of state and buys six guns a month or whatever the limit is, and comes back and buys six more, and one of his guns is used in a crime after a third party got it. Yeah, you sue the fuck out of the gun seller because he knew EXACTLY what was going on.

You can't buy guns from out of state, moron.
People do not get their guns stolen frequently. Guns are expensive items. Do you have your car stolen frequently?
Have tobacco manufacturers ceased producing cigarettes? No. The only change is now the government is in bed with them, giving them monopoly power on pricing because the states' settlement with Tobacco is based on continuing streams of revenues.
You are easily duped, Joe. Not surprising given your educational career as a high school dropout.

[

People do not get their guns stolen frequently. Guns are expensive items. Do you have your car stolen frequently?
Have tobacco manufacturers ceased producing cigarettes? No. The only change is now the government is in bed with them, giving them monopoly power on pricing because the states' settlement with Tobacco is based on continuing streams of revenues.
You are easily duped, Joe. Not surprising given your educational career as a high school dropout.

When was the last time you saw Joe Camel? Oh, that's right, they can't use cartoons to tell kids smoking is cool anymore. And you have strict rules on who can buy tobacco.

Now we just need to do the same to teh Gun Industry to get those assholes to clean up their act.

[

When was the last time you saw Joe Camel? Oh, that's right, they can't use cartoons to tell kids smoking is cool anymore. And you have strict rules on who can buy tobacco.

Now we just need to do the same to teh Gun Industry to get those assholes to clean up their act.

There aren't strict rules on who can buys guns? Do you need a background check to buy cigarettes?
You are a tool and a half, Joe. Just give it up. You are totally out of your league here.

Guy, the rules aren't strict enough.

So you eitehr get rules that work or you end private gun ownership.

I'm good with either... and public opinion is on my side now.

Link to where people want private gun ownership outlawed.

Just as soonas you tell me how Romney wasn't a "real" conservative.

The answer was given many times over. Get a second monacle.

(Joey is staring the meltdown process) "Fire in the hole"

Last edited:

Ending private ownership is against the COnstitution. What rules would you like to see, given that everything you've proposed is a gross failure and absurdly comic in its ignorance and stupidity.

The answer was given many times over. Get a second monacle.

(Joey is staring the meltdown process) "Fire in the hole"

You never gave an answer, not once, other than, "he lost, therefore he wasn't a real conservative".

Neither have you. Link (post # 428) that was requested of you, strawboy...

As soon as you get me the Romney Answer, I'll get back to you on that..

Naw... I probably won't. I don't do links.

Ending private ownership is against the COnstitution. What rules would you like to see, given that everything you've proposed is a gross failure and absurdly comic in its ignorance and stupidity.

Horseshit. If the courts and the government says the 2nd Amendment is about militias, then you can end private gun ownership...

Horseshit. If the courts and the government says the 2nd Amendment is about militias, then you can end private gun ownership...

See Heller vs D.C.
Yet another wrong statement from Joe, high school dropout.

False dichotomy. You neglect to consider the possibility that no set of rules will ever be "strict enough" to accomplish the goals you seek. And that's the real problem. No set of rules will ever be strict enough.

See Heller vs D.C.
Yet another wrong statement from Joe, high school dropout.

Scalia dies of a heart attack. Obama appoints Lawrence Tribe. Heller gets reconsidered.

2nd Amendment applies to militias.

But we have so many ways of going after the gun nuts, we probably don't need to go that far.

Suing the scumbag gun sellers will be a good start.

False dichotomy. You neglect to consider the possibility that no set of rules will ever be "strict enough" to accomplish the goals you seek. And that's the real problem. No set of rules will ever be strict enough.

Well, how about rules that at least work reasonably well.

You're right. You'd never get rid of all gun deaths.

But you can reduce the hell out of them by changing how easy they are to get and how the gun industry markets them.

Oh, in a related story, a company is now marketting bullet proof vests for kids.

Yeah, our priorities aren't fucked up in the least bit.

Sky News: US firm to make bullet-proof kid clothes

Miguel Caballero has been making bullet-proof clothes for politicians and other bigwigs for 20 years, but not for kids. The latest US school massacre has changed that.

This year he plans a line for children - T-shirts, vests, and combination backpack-vests - and geared toward the US market.

Forum List

Back