Unions say Obama is destroying the foundation of the 40-hour work week

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Last month, leaders of three of the largest labor unions sent a scathing letter to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA),
warning that if the problems with the insurance program are not addressed,
the new health care law will “shatter not only our hard-earned health benefits,
but destroy the foundation of the 40-hour work week that is the backbone of the American middle class.”

Why Organized Labor Is Organizing Against Obamacare | The Fiscal Times

So why the name "Affordable Care Act" if there are no jobs that can "afford care"???

What did those stupid assholes think was going to happen, the companies that they work for were just going to eat it?

It takes a truly special brand of rank idiot to be a liberoidal.

What did those stupid assholes think was going to happen, the companies that they work for were just going to eat it?

Perhaps, unlike the Dem idiots who passed, they should have read the damned thing.

If they had I doubt they would have supported jackass in his last race for POTUS.

Idiots they truly are.

Last edited:
I didnt know you were guaranteed 40 hours of work each week.

Not too bright I see.

The people that are "not too bright" are people that passed ACA because they believed there were 46 million "uninsured"!

Again... I keep repeating this and apparently am the only one that finds this FRAUD caused this abomination to be passed, but there never have been 46 million truly uninsured that wanted insurance!
18 million people under 34 make over $50k but chose to spend less on health care then their employer insurance plan costs!
FINE let them! Many of them actually have as my son did catastrophic insurance with up to $10,000 deductible cost $50/month!
So why force them to have insurance???
Then 14 million people answered Census saying they were uninsured BUT NEVER knew they were at the poverty level to qualify for Medicaid.. so that was a bogus number!
Finally 10 million according to the Census of uninsured ARE NOT CITIZENS!!!

So the fact was there are less then 4 million truly that want and need health insurance that probably go to emergency and rack up the "uninsured" bills that hospitals then Pad and pass on all their claims to Medicare/insurance companies sometimes by 6,000%!

So if we all recognize there never were 4 million then the solution is obvious!
Tax lawyers 10% just as ACA taxes tanning salons ... after all doctors say they do duplicate tests, etc. total of $850 billion a year
in defensive medicine out of fear of lawsuits!
That $27 billion in tax revenue be totally dedicated to paying the 4 million truly uninsured when the go to the emergency room the first time and are means tested to show they can't pay!
The hospitals then bill the insurance company that bid on the "Uninsured Health Ins. CO.©"!

Liberals believe that when Warren Buffett, Bill Gates, Tom Daschle Charles Rangle, Bill & Hillary Clinton and other liberals evade their own taxes that when they stick another tax on businesses then we'll just pay it. Damn straight when we get hit with another tax on employees, we're cutting their compensation somewhere else. As you say, they are a special kind of rank idiot to believe we'd just pay more for the same employee.

Last edited:

Nobody said 40 hours were guaranteed. But Obama is making sure they aren't even a possibility for many.

Do you think that the POTUS wants to harm people or do you think this may be an example of momentary discomfort to reach a better state for the American worker?

I think Barry is an illiterate in regards to business and economics, and a true believe in Big Government. His policies are utopian blather which cause a great deal of harm in the real world.

Nobody said 40 hours were guaranteed. But Obama is making sure they aren't even a possibility for many.

Do you think that the POTUS wants to harm people or do you think this may be an example of momentary discomfort to reach a better state for the American worker?
I don't think he gives a shit about anybody or anything outside of himself.

Malignant narcissists are like that.

I think Barry is an illiterate in regards to business and economics, and a true believe in Big Government. His policies are utopian blather which cause a great deal of harm in the real world.

Interesting point of view. I thought we should strive to be as utopian as possible instead of the American worker continuing to get the shaft. I think after the dust has settled we will see a more informed American worker and lower healthcare costs.

Interesting point of view. I thought we should strive to be as utopian as possible instead of the American worker continuing to get the shaft. I think after the dust has settled we will see a more informed American worker and lower healthcare costs.

The road to ruin is paved with clueless utopian ideals.

The same thing could be said of those that are afraid of change.

And passing a law that makes it more sensible to cut the hours of employees back to 20 hours isn't giving them the shaft?

Really?

The same thing could be said of those that are afraid of change.
Nice pious platitude.

Looks like the American worker is going to take it hard in the shorts for your hairy-fairy notions of "change".

The job is done.....the 40 hour week is as good as buried....Thank you Democrats....

Forum List

Back