🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Unmarried Conservative Having Another Kid

For the record she is in a very committed relationship, keep in mind they are planning to get married.

Also:

slide_234102_1124207_free.jpg

Was a thumb to nose at Ben Stevens' - "In August 2001, Stevens was appointed by Democratic Governor Tony Knowles to the Alaska State Senate, after being nominated by the Republican Party of Alaska.[1] He was the Majority Leader for the 2003-2004 term, and the President for the 2005-2006 term.[2]

In July 2004, Stevens responded to a critical e-mail from a constituent with the comment, "Your [sic] just more valley trash," setting off a minor controversy among residents of the Matanuska-Susitna Valley, including former Wasilla mayor (and future Alaska Governor) Sarah Palin.[3] "Proud to Be Valley Trash" became a slogan among Mat-Su Valley residents, and Palin was photographed wearing a t-shirt with the slogan during her successful 2006 campaign for Governor of Alaska."

There's a bit of a long standing rivalry between Anchorage and Wasilla, this was part of it. And for the record, Ben Stevens was a jackass.

---

On August 31, 2006 officers with the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Internal Revenue Service raided the offices of several prominent members of the Alaska Legislature. Raided were the offices of Sen. John Cowdery (R-Anchorage), Senate President Ben Stevens (R-Anchorage), Rep. Vic Kohring (R-Wasilla), Rep. Bev Masek (R-Willow), Rep. Bruce Weyhrauch (R-Juneau), Sen. Don Olson (D-Nome), and Rep. Pete Kott (R-Eagle River). The investigation involved allegations of illegal gifts to law makers from VECO.[3] Senator Olson was never charged but it was found he had turned down illegal campaign assistance.[4]

Sarah Palin is another Alaskan politician that received campaign support from VECO. The International Herald Tribune reported on September 3, 2008, "As Palin campaigned unsuccessfully in 2002 to become lieutenant governor, she received contributions from executives at VECO Corp., a powerful Alaska oil field services company." [1] The questionable donations totaled $4,500, over 10% of all her funding that year. Allen admitted that he had given executives money to be contributed in his "bonus" program though he denied knowing that the laundering was illegal.[5]

Also named in the search warrants were VECO officers Bill J. Allen, Rick Smith and Pete Leathard.

On May 7, 2007, VECO CEO Bill Allen and Vice President for Community & Government Affairs Rick Smith pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court in Anchorage to charges of extortion, bribery, and conspiracy to impede the Internal Revenue Service.[6]

In addition to the three politicians arraigned on May 4, the new court filings mention illegal payments made to a former state senator, named as "Senator B" in court documents, who received over $200,000 from VECO Corp. over several years, income which Senator B reported as "consulting fees." In the May 7 guilty pleas by Allen and Smith, they admit that the only work done by Senator B in exchange for the funds was advancing VECO's agenda in the state legislature.[6] The only former state senator who matches the information contained in court documents about Senator B is former Senator Ben Stevens (R-Anchorage), son of U.S. Senator Ted Stevens (R-Alaska). To date, Ben Stevens has not been indicted.[7] Another state senator discussed in the court documents who later pled guilty, was identified as "Senator A." He was John Cowdery.[8] On 3/12/09 ex-state representative Beverly Masek pled guilty to taking $4,000 in bribes from Allen. [9]

---

Turns out Ben didn't fall far from the tree, nor VECO who apparently owned our fucking government:

On July 24, 2007, The Wall Street Journal reported that Representative Don Young was under federal investigation for possibly taking bribes, illegal gratuities or unreported gifts from VECO.[10] Between 1996 and 2006, Young received $157,000 from VECO employees and its political action committee. In the first half of 2007, Young spent more than $250,000 of campaign contributions for legal fees.[11]

Alaska State House representatives Pete Kott, Bruce Weyhrauch and Vic Kohring were all charged with federal crimes as part of the investigation into VECO.

On May 29, 2007, the Anchorage Daily News reported that the FBI and a federal grand jury were investigating an "extensive" remodeling project at Senator Ted Stevens' home in Girdwood, Alaska. The remodeling work, organized by VECO, more than doubled the size of the home (public records show that the home is now 2,471 square feet (229.6 m2) and valued at about $441,000)[citation needed].[12] The repairs could have cost anywhere between $130,000 and 250,000, and the payments Ted Stevens paid were about $160,000. Stevens' Alaska home was raided by the FBI and IRS on July 30, 2007.[13] Stevens was indicted by a federal grand jury on July 29, 2008 on seven counts alleging that Stevens received hundreds of thousands of dollars in gifts that he did not declare on his US Senate financial disclosure forms. Stevens was convicted on all seven of these charges on October 27, 2008. All the convictions were vacated on April 7, 2009 due to gross prosecutorial misconduct.

---

Sooo if you ever wonder why Alaskan's give Palin a little slack, it's because she's the only one who stood up to these guys, and wouldn't throw us under the VECO oil tanker...

Actually no she's not.

She WAS in a committed relationship and going to get married.

It was called off and they broke up.

What does it take for someone to use reliable birth control? It's just a pill once a day. I thought anyone could manage to take a pill a day.

I know I did.

Bristol Palin Tweets She's Pregnant With Second Child - ABC News

Her body, her choice. :p

4371193-loling.jpg

Actually it wasn't her choice to get pregnant. If you read her blog post you will see that the pregnancy wasn't planned.

Which is why I asked what does it take for her to use reliable birth control.

Why is it that you support choice when a woman carries a pregnancy to term but you say it's murder to terminate a pregnancy?

I guess you believe there's only one choice. Which if you didn't know, a choice is choosing between more than one option.

You're showing how hypocritical you are.

I don't know where you got your information but from what I have read it appears the pregnancy was planned.

“Bristol Palin, who officially announced that she is expecting a second child in a less than enthusiastic blog post last week, followed up on Sunday to say that 'this pregnancy was actually planned.'"

Bristol Palin This pregnancy was actually planned - CBS News

First she writes that the pregnancy is a disappointment to her family and friends. She writes that she will get through it.

Then people point out her hypocrisy.

After she comes out you say she said it was planned.

A few years ago she says asking teens to abstain from sex isn't realistic. The right screams, the left agrees with her.

After that she comes out and says that her words were taken out of context and she doesn't believe what she first said.

Seems to me she has a problem with the consequences of telling the truth and then lies to excuse her actions or words.

If she's going to make hundreds of thousands of dollars telling teens to not have sex, she should practice what she preaches.

Personally I know it's stupid to expect people to abstain from sex. Which is why I asked why she can't use reliable birth control.

How hard is it to take a pill everyday? I did it for years until I wanted to have a child. Our child was very planned. She was very wanted and loved even before she was conceived. As a result she started her first year of college when she was 16 years old. She started the Running Start program at the beginning of her Jr year and will be graduating from high school in June 2016 with her high school diploma and be going directly to the university as a Jr with only 2 more years to get her Bachelors degree. We had 4 years of tuition paid for by the prepay GET program about 10 years ago so she will be able to get her Masters degree and graduate with ZERO student loans.

It's just too bad that more people don't plan their families. Children have a much better chance for a successful life if they're not a surprise, as in unplanned, for the parents.

Actually no she's not.

Do you have a cite for that? What I read was that they were still together just didn't go through with the wedding.

Actually no she's not.

Do you have a cite for that? What I read was that they were still together just didn't go through with the wedding.

If that was true then why did her original announcement say that, she, tripp and the new child will get through. She made no mention of her ex fiancé.

If she was still with the man, she would have mentioned him in her announcement.

Forum List

Back