Unsealed Trump Search Warrant - Trump had classified Documents

So they were marking documents as secret and top secret for future reference??? That was great thinking!
The government often makes classification errors. Or even classifies documents previously unclassified, when they realize that the classified origin can be worked out from the commonality of the unclassified information.

Think of our breaking the WWII Enigma code, where even if we knew of minor upcoming Germany attacks, they wouldn't warn the troops, because it would give away that we broke the code.

Wrong.
The ex-president can retain whatever they want, for purposes such as memoirs, proof against or for law suits, to preserve against destruction by opposition, etc.
Absolute BULLSHIT
Presidents can "access" any of those documents. They aren't allowed to keep any originals. They're covered by the presidential records act. They can make copies of "unclassified" records. And view classified documents at a secure location.

Didn't answer my question what the process is, how you know it, or a link. You said nothing
The process is that which concludes with the actual final manifestation of what was ordered.
Such a for a pardon, it means the pardon is actually delivered to the person being pardoned.

For commissions, it means the actual commissioning paper being delivered to the person commissioned.

For declassification it would mean the documents being stamped and signed "declassified" on a date certain and the identity of the declassifying authority.

What you are talking about is really dumb shit. Shit that tells us how dumb and uninformed you are.
Were you ever in the military or did you ever work for a government contractor?

If you have, and you don’t know what chickenshit is you have a mental problem.

Were you ever in the military or did you ever work for a government contractor?

If you have, and you don’t know what chickenshit is you have a mental problem.
“Chickenshit refers to behavior that makes military life worse than it need be: petty harassment of the weak by the strong; open scrimmage for power and authority and prestige; sadism thinly disguised as necessary discipline; a constant 'paying off of old scores'; and insistence on the letter rather than the spirit of .

Ob Isley this will ber argued in court and may end up in the Supreme Court.

***snip***

Josh Dunn, a political science professor at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs, described a U.S. president’s power to declassify documents as “pretty extraordinary.”

“The general rule is the president has the authority to declassify material,” Dunn said.

Dunn’s claim is backed up by a 1988 Supreme Court of The United States’ majority ruling in a case between the Department of Navy vs. Egan. The case addressed the legal recourse of a U.S. Navy employee who had been denied a security clearance.

An excerpt from the Supreme Court’s ruling in that case reads thus, “The President, after all, is the ‘Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States.’ U.S. Const., Art. II, 2. His authority to classify and control access to information bearing on national security and to determine whether an individual is sufficiently trustworthy to occupy a position in the Executive Branch that will give that person access to such information flows primarily from this constitutional investment of power in the president and exists quite apart from any explicit congressional grant.”

The president’s power to classify and declassify documents is so broad and absolute that even The United States Congress can not make laws to limit it, according to Robert F. Turner, associate director of the University of Virginia’s Center for National Security Law. Turner said this while responding to a news report on The Washington Post that suggested Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador during a White House meeting in May 2017.

“If Congress were to enact a statute seeking to limit the president’s authority to classify or declassify national security information, or to prohibit him from sharing certain kinds of information with Russia, it would raise serious separation of powers constitutional issues,” Turner said.

Turner also noted that the president is, in fact, the ultimate decider of what is classified and not and that he has the power to overrule his appointees if they disagree with his actions regarding declassification.

“Within the Executive Branch the president is the boss,” Turner added.

It's already been decided by the SCOTUS in Egan. And upheld when Obama gave classified documents to Vladimir Putin in 2012. Held that Obama simply giving the documents to a hostile state declassified the documents.

No, there is nothing for the court to decide,

The Nazis are pushing this to garner public hate against the court. This ploy is so the little Goebbels can slander and defame the court, painting them as lackeys of Trump, when this is already established precedent.

Almost all of the emails that were subsequently classified were retroactively made classified
We know of four that were classified when Hillary sent them.

So as always, you and your fellow Nazis, including the little Goebbels, are flat out lying.

{
Did Hillary Clinton ever send classified email over her private email address when she was at the State Department?

Yes, she did.

Says who?

The State Department's inspector general's office. Per the Wall Street Journal: "An internal government review found that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton sent at least four emails from her personal account containing classified information during her time heading the State Department."

Just four?

Well, yes, but they only reviewed 40 emails out of more than 30,000 total. So, ten percent.

Oh.

Yeah.

But the information wasn't classified at the time, right? It was probably done retroactively, like those other emails.

No, the information was deemed classified at the time, but was not properly marked as such. A spokeswoman for the inspector general's office said the emails in question "were classified when they were sent and are classified now." Inspector General I. Charles McCullough wrote that the information in the emails "should have been handled as classified."

Didn't Hillary Clinton deny that she ever sent classified information over her private account?

Yes, she did. In March, Clinton told reporters: "I did not email any classified material to anyone on my email. There is no classified material. So I’m certainly well-aware of the classification requirements and did not send classified material."

So, the best Hillary can say at this point is that she accidentally sent classified information that wasn't explicitly marked classified on her private account over an insecure network. Right?

Yeah, pretty much.

Foreign hackers probably stole all the information that was on her server anyway, don't you think?

Yes, and so does the former deputy director of the CIA.}

Yes, we have to go back far enough, before history was rewritten.

I knew I should have gone to Law School and selected the path of Presidential Documents of the over 100 legal specialties.
On the other hand, on USMB I can post any legal bullshit I desire.

I knew I should have gone to Law School and selected the path of Presidential Documents of the over 100 legal specialties.
On the other hand, on USMB I can post any legal bullshit I desire.
You can post anything you want, but if you do, you'll get slapped down by someone exposing your bullshit, as bullshit.
There's a lot of legal resources on the internet.

Forum List

Back