Unsustainable: Job Losses Now up to 26 Million

We have now erased ALL jobs gained since the end of the Great Recession. In little over one month. You're done for Endless Quarantine Karens. Done for. America won't stand for this.

I think they've demonstrated they will

Georgia is going back today. So are many other states.

The thumb suckers were crying about it, but now with the writing on the wall, they're trying to backpedal. Right on this thread.

Wouldn't bet the farm on that. And even if they do, the experts have already said they won't sign off on it. But Kemp owes his governorship to Trump so he's gonna be the loyal soldier..even if it means people die. See, that's not how you ingratiate yourself to the voters.

PEOPLE WILL DIE

Yes, we know Karen. I've heard Nazis and Terrorist too. What else you got? Is it working?

Hmm. I would think the whole death reason would be enough for you. But that's fine if you consider them to be Acceptable Losses. Just don't try to hold yourself out as a Christian. And I know nothing about the other two. They haven't entered into the conversation.

Then don't ever drive a car again. You don't, right?

Stop with the car analogies.
My car is incapable of transmitting a virus to me.
Another human being is.

Yeah, because the car analogy works. And so do a lot of other analogies. When we weigh risk v. benefit to society, we don't hold out as criteria, "must cause ZERO deaths" because we would never be able to operate that way--and you know this. This does not mean each individual death is not a tragedy. It is. But it's dishonest to argue from "If it saves one life" because that's not how we operate.

So really, stop

Again, stop with the car analogies. No comparison. When I hop into a car, there's a risk I get into an accident. But it's small. And there's a better than average chance I can avoid that accident by defensive driving. Zero risk? Of course not.
However, it's a bit different with an invisible virus that is transmitted through the air. Take the amount of people who walk past you or near you every day (when you weren't required to wear a mask). Given that anyone that walks within 6 feet of you could be carrying the virus, that's a really high probability that I will be exposed to it. Then I have to weigh my chances of developing a range of symptoms to the probability that I will be asymptomatic. Those odds ain't great.

Nope it's the very same. If you're going to screech at me about passing on a virus, then I'm going to screech at you about driving. Especially since you're asking me to give up my livelihood for it--to stay inside and God knows what else. Remember: you started the Karen-invoking "people" die thing, and you're not backing off.

It's a bad argument and wouldn't back off. So, there it is

We have now erased ALL jobs gained since the end of the Great Recession. In little over one month. You're done for Endless Quarantine Karens. Done for. America won't stand for this.

The thumb suckers were crying about it, but now with the writing on the wall, they're trying to backpedal. Right on this thread.

Wouldn't bet the farm on that. And even if they do, the experts have already said they won't sign off on it. But Kemp owes his governorship to Trump so he's gonna be the loyal soldier..even if it means people die. See, that's not how you ingratiate yourself to the voters.

PEOPLE WILL DIE

Yes, we know Karen. I've heard Nazis and Terrorist too. What else you got? Is it working?

Hmm. I would think the whole death reason would be enough for you. But that's fine if you consider them to be Acceptable Losses. Just don't try to hold yourself out as a Christian. And I know nothing about the other two. They haven't entered into the conversation.

Another human being is.

Yeah, because the car analogy works. And so do a lot of other analogies. When we weigh risk v. benefit to society, we don't hold out as criteria, "must cause ZERO deaths" because we would never be able to operate that way--and you know this. This does not mean each individual death is not a tragedy. It is. But it's dishonest to argue from "If it saves one life" because that's not how we operate.

So really, stop

Again, stop with the car analogies. No comparison. When I hop into a car, there's a risk I get into an accident. But it's small. And there's a better than average chance I can avoid that accident by defensive driving. Zero risk? Of course not.
However, it's a bit different with an invisible virus that is transmitted through the air. Take the amount of people who walk past you or near you every day (when you weren't required to wear a mask). Given that anyone that walks within 6 feet of you could be carrying the virus, that's a really high probability that I will be exposed to it. Then I have to weigh my chances of developing a range of symptoms to the probability that I will be asymptomatic. Those odds ain't great.

Also stop eating peanuts and all nuts in public. My son is allergic and he could die.

The reality is close to 3/4 of the country approve of these stay at home orders and relative mitigation efforts.

Support is falling among all but Democrats. That's the important thing. As the virus recedes and more importantly, as we learn the truth that the virus never was that big a threat in the first place, the economic devastation will set in more and more. (Scroll down midway through the link and see the difference in polling between March and mid-April)

The media is doing all they can to drum up as much panic as they can. For now, it's working. But I can tell you I live in the "hot zone" and even here, it's not working so very well anymore. You can see the erosion in support here on the ground.

Interestingly, among Republicans and "all adults", support for all measures is falling--but among Democrats support is hardening--AS THE CURVE FLATTENS.

Now what does that tell us?
More republicans will die.

You know there's staying alive and there's living. Which includes quality of life

I'm convinced many many liberals either do not understand or do not appreciate the difference
Hard times got you down, Sue?

Got no answer, I see. I get that a lot. That's because I have good arguments, and you have insults.

I win
No insult intended.
What you consider to be a low quality of life is what some people go through every day.

You have a job, which you have admitted. YOU want OTHER people to go jobless so YOU can have your life sustained. You want people to be hungry, maybe even the nation fall, so you can hang onto your life.

Selfish and short-sighted.
I think if people are worried about dying from this virus they should not be forced to go to work.
Why do you want people to die?

You don't want people to work. You want them quarantined at home so they won't infect YOU.

Why do you want people to starve so you can stay alive?

Sweetheart, I used to BE a liberal. If you think this insultingly STUPID names and poo-flinging work on me, you better think again.
Its a pretty simple question even for you.

This trend will continue until the idiots in charge understand there is never going to be a perfect risk free moment to start opening things up again and easing these restrictions. I’m not saying you just start everything up again like switching on a light but you are going to have to start taking steps to do so if you want to see this trend change.
The only way we have cut down on the infection rate is to isolate the people. Ending isolation will just start the process all over again

I said in early March that if everyone fucked around and didn't close down then all at the same time and close international and domestic travel in the U.S. and stay put this might have been flattened by Easter and we could open. I also said if everyone dicked around with this, which they have, this would carry on many, many months and even though things may be opening slower the pain will continue now for the rest of this year at least. As it is now not everyone agrees with a slow opening, all businesses aren't going to magically say, yea let's get to work and all businesses will not be re opening at all. The one's that do will see slower traffic than before and many will not survive.

Up until now, Trump has been planning on running on a strong economy.

Republicans: Trump may be an asshole, but look at that economy

Now, the economy is in the dumps and Trumps leadership during a crisis is not admired

The reality is close to 3/4 of the country approve of these stay at home orders and relative mitigation efforts.

Support is falling among all but Democrats. That's the important thing. As the virus recedes and more importantly, as we learn the truth that the virus never was that big a threat in the first place, the economic devastation will set in more and more. (Scroll down midway through the link and see the difference in polling between March and mid-April)

The media is doing all they can to drum up as much panic as they can. For now, it's working. But I can tell you I live in the "hot zone" and even here, it's not working so very well anymore. You can see the erosion in support here on the ground.

Interestingly, among Republicans and "all adults", support for all measures is falling--but among Democrats support is hardening--AS THE CURVE FLATTENS.

You know there's staying alive and there's living. Which includes quality of life

I'm convinced many many liberals either do not understand or do not appreciate the difference

Got no answer, I see. I get that a lot. That's because I have good arguments, and you have insults.

I win
No insult intended.
What you consider to be a low quality of life is what some people go through every day.

You have a job, which you have admitted. YOU want OTHER people to go jobless so YOU can have your life sustained. You want people to be hungry, maybe even the nation fall, so you can hang onto your life.

I think if people are worried about dying from this virus they should not be forced to go to work.

You don't want people to work. You want them quarantined at home so they won't infect YOU.

Sweetheart, I used to BE a liberal. If you think this insultingly STUPID names and poo-flinging work on me, you better think again.

Why do you suppose people should starve for you Karen?

I win
No insult intended.

Answer my question.
Take that Karen shit and shove it up your fat ass.

This trend will continue until the idiots in charge understand there is never going to be a perfect risk free moment to start opening things up again and easing these restrictions. I’m not saying you just start everything up again like switching on a light but you are going to have to start taking steps to do so if you want to see this trend change.
The only way we have cut down on the infection rate is to isolate the people. Ending isolation will just start the process all over again

I said in early March that if everyone fucked around and didn't close down then all at the same time and close international and domestic travel in the U.S. and stay put this might have been flattened by Easter and we could open. I also said if everyone dicked around with this, which they have, this would carry on many, many months and even though things may be opening slower the pain will continue now for the rest of this year at least. As it is now not everyone agrees with a slow opening, all businesses aren't going to magically say, yea let's get to work and all businesses will not be re opening at all.
Until we have vaccines, ample testing and a cure.....isolation is the only defense

"Another 4.4" already trending on Twitter.

You lost, Leftists. You lost again. And don't @ me with how this is not political, you were only ever concerned about people's lives. Please. The party of late-term abortions is NEVER concerned about people's lives, or livelihoods, only power.
I have no sympathy for any of you covidiots who lack common sense.
Wanna protest? Knock yourself out, if you get the virus because of your stupidity you deserve to die.
And when they are fine and back to work in three weeks while you are suffering from the consequences of 'flattening the curve, YOU deserve to die.
I still go to work every day.
I’m fighting for the economy while you lazy fucks stay home.
Get your ass back to work then...........stop posting on the boards......unless that is your job LOL

You cried to the mods didn't you.......LMAO
I did no such thing.
Your post got deleted.
Why are you posting here when you are supposed to be at work...........hmmm.

You see.....when I finally get to go back to work......I simply will not have the time to post here.

AMAZING ISN'T IT...........

You lost, Leftists. You lost again. And don't @ me with how this is not political, you were only ever concerned about people's lives. Please. The party of late-term abortions is NEVER concerned about people's lives, or livelihoods, only power.
Wanna protest? Knock yourself out, if you get the virus because of your stupidity you deserve to die.
And when they are fine and back to work in three weeks while you are suffering from the consequences of 'flattening the curve, YOU deserve to die.
Get your ass back to work then...........stop posting on the boards......unless that is your job LOL

I did no such thing.
Your post got deleted.

You see.....when I finally get to go back to work......I simply will not have the time to post here.

Its called multitasking.

I win
No insult intended.

Answer my question.

How do you know I'm fat? Are you making assumptions again?

I said in early March that if everyone fucked around and didn't close down then all at the same time and close international and domestic travel in the U.S. and stay put this might have been flattened by Easter and we could open. I also said if everyone dicked around with this, which they have, this would carry on many, many months and even though things may be opening slower the pain will continue now for the rest of this year at least. As it is now not everyone agrees with a slow opening, all businesses aren't going to magically say, yea let's get to work and all businesses will not be re opening at all.
Until we have vaccines, ample testing and a cure.....isolation is the only defense

We wouldn't have a society left at that point, you realize.

You are being overly literal in order to defeat the indefensible notion that America must stay shut down
for an indefinite period of time to keep people alive.
If you stop just for a second and think about your claims (social distancing means people don't die from
the Covid 19 flu) it's easy to see that's a falsehood on it's face.

If you were remotely correct there would have been no deaths in the US since social distancing and the
nation shut down began almost one month ago, in my state anyway.
10,000 deaths from Covid 19 in the US and that's with all the protocols you want to keep in place
for an indefinite period.

The point that you miss is whether in a car of dealing a deadly pandemic no one can insure no adverse
consequences no matter how hard we try.
So doesn't it all come down to how many people are we willing to harm and injure to insure an outcome
that cannot be obtained in any event? Your arguments, such as they are, are all foolish.

PEOPLE WILL DIE

Another human being is.

So really, stop

Also stop eating peanuts and all nuts in public. My son is allergic and he could die.

Another phony analogy. And one that doesn't really work because your son would only develop a reaction if he breathed or touched the peanut dust or ingested them. Almost like a car accident. Odd are there but they are small.
Now whenever I've been on an airplane and a child that is allergic to peanuts gets on, they don't hand out peanuts to anyone. Kinda like social distancing of peanuts. :)

PEOPLE WILL DIE

Another human being is.

So really, stop

Another phony analogy. And one that doesn't really work because your son would only develop a reaction if he breathed or touched the peanut dust or ingested them. Almost like a car accident. Odd are there but they are small.
Now whenever I've been on an airplane and a child that is allergic to peanuts gets on, they don't hand out peanuts to anyone. Kinda like social distancing of peanuts. :)

As another poster just told you, they are all apt analogies that people are making all over.

Society never holds the standards of "no deaths are acceptable".

You are being overly literal in order to defeat the indefensible notion that America must stay shut down
for an indefinite period of time to keep people alive.
If you stop just for a second and think about your claims (social distancing means people don't die from
the Covid 19 flu) it's easy to see that's a falsehood on it's face.

If you were remotely correct there would have been no deaths in the US since social distancing and the
nation shut down began almost one month ago, in my state anyway.
10,000 deaths from Covid 19 in the US and that's with all the protocols you want to keep in place
for an indefinite period.

The point that you miss is whether in a car of dealing a deadly pandemic no one can insure no adverse
reactions no matter how hard we try.
So doesn't it all come down to how many people are we willing to harm and injure to insure an outcome
that cannot be obtained in any event? Your arguments, such as they are, are all foolish.

I don't know what reality you been living in but we're up to almost 49,000 deaths. This is not the flu. Adverse reactions and infections can be reduced and flattened by following protocols. Then you talk about getting back to some kind of normal with restrictions.
Coronavirus Update (Live): 2,676,470 Cases and 187,460 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

PEOPLE WILL DIE

Another human being is.

So really, stop

As another poster just told you, they are all apt analogies that people are making all over.

Epic fail for all your analogies. Oh well, I tried. I get it. Infections and deaths are acceptable losses for you.
Gonna make it tough to get back to work if we experience another surge and you have a mass of people calling out sick.

I win
No insult intended.

Answer my question.

How do you know I'm fat? Are you making assumptions again?
I didn’t say you are fat.

PEOPLE WILL DIE

Another human being is.

So really, stop

Epic fail for all your analogies. Oh well, I tried. I get it. Infections and deaths are acceptable losses for you.
Gonna make it tough to get back to work if we experience another surge and you have a mass of people calling out sick.

Right. You just conceded my point. There ARE "acceptable losses".

You prove it every time you get behind the wheel.

If you want to stick to infection and death, every flu season we suffered previously wherein people died and we DID NOT quarantine, society considered their deaths "acceptable losses".

You can try every which way to Sunday to paint me as some kind of ghoul for pointing out the obvious, but every thinking person on this board will see what's what.

I did no such thing.
Your post got deleted.

Its called multitasking.
Baloney...........it's called an employee who doesn't do squat for a living anyway..........You been posting all morning .

Doubt that you have done anything useful your whole life.

Forum List

Back