US said preparing strike to ‘utterly destroy’ N. Korean nuclear program

On Sunday, the UK’s Sunday Times reported that top military advisers to US President Donald Trump have told their British counterparts that Washington was considering a preemptive strike against North Korea’s nuclear program, and believed it had the firepower to neutralize it.
My guess is that this just isn't the case.

NK has a shitload of non-nuclear weapons pointed right at Seoul, and it's difficult to believe they wouldn't use them if attacked. We can't get all of them, too.

I suppose it's possible they retain just enough sanity not to do that, but that's one helluva risk we'd be taking.

On Sunday, the UK’s Sunday Times reported that top military advisers to US President Donald Trump have told their British counterparts that Washington was considering a preemptive strike against North Korea’s nuclear program, and believed it had the firepower to neutralize it.

NK has a shitload of non-nuclear weapons pointed right at Seoul, and it's difficult to believe they wouldn't use them if attacked. We can't get all of them, too.

I suppose it's possible they retain just enough sanity not to do that, but that's one helluva risk we'd be taking.

And can the US afford to see South Korea hit like that? No, not really. It'd be a disaster for them in the region.

It's about time we liberated North Korea and hung that son of a bitch Kim Jong Un.

I'm going to sign up for the army, just as my brother has done.

Last edited:
preemptive war is against our constitution, it's unconstitutional

any attack on north korea needs Congressional approval.

It's unacceptable for rouge regimes to threaten us with nuclear weapons. I'm all for a preemptive strike to destroy their nuclear capabilities.

Why is it acceptable for the US to threaten countries, but it's not okay for those countries to threaten the US?

Appease, Appease, Appease.

Appease who? Seems you want to appease the war mongers.

And you and your people want to appease those who hate America. We tried that.

It's unacceptable for rouge regimes to threaten us with nuclear weapons. I'm all for a preemptive strike to destroy their nuclear capabilities.

Why is it acceptable for the US to threaten countries, but it's not okay for those countries to threaten the US?

They hate America because America gives them a million reason to hate. I prefer to have an America that people don't hate.

They hate America because America gives them a million reason to hate. I prefer to have an America that people don't hate.

Yea....we tried the blame America way as well. From Reagan to Obama and all points in between, America will never be short of its haters. It's time to stop appeasing those that hate US abd realize that our existence and exceptional is is enough to produce haters of US.

Both sides have shitloads of non nuclear weapons pointed at each other, but only the US has the capability of destroying anything in NK which it can see, and with the MOAB, it can also destroy all those cannons hidden in caves near the border which it cannot see. Imo, the leadership of NK is deeply paranoid but quite rational otherwise. They understand they cannot survive an all out war with the US so they threaten horrendous consequences in order to prevent the US from attacking, but when President Trump sent a carrier group to the region in response to an expected nuclear test, NK called off the test. There is also reason to believe there is dissension within the leadership which might make decisions to go to war with the US difficult.

And can the US afford to see South Korea hit like that? No, not really. It'd be a disaster for them in the region.
NK armed with nuclear missiles is a disaster without parallel in the region.

We're a WARRIOR nation and always have been, despite the fairies and weirdos teaching our kids not to be in the public schools. For every kid they turn into a flower-sniffing pansy, three will end up throwing fists outside a bar some night. It's in our DNA.

A great reason for homeschooling, too.

We're a WARRIOR nation and always have been, despite the fairies and weirdos teaching our kids not to be in the public schools. For every kid they turn into a flower-sniffing pansy, three will end up throwing fists outside a bar some night. It's in our DNA.

A great reason for homeschooling, too.

Growing your own morons is now fashionably chic?

Forum List

Back