US Steel To Restart Illinois Plant Operations: Plans To Call Back 500 Employees....

A little protectionism might just be a good thing. We need to maintain our ability to produce steel and Al. Also, cheep prices are only good for those that have good jobs.

If the Globalists are upset, you know it's a great move by Trump. It's time to help American Workers out for a change. They've been completely thrown overboard by US Globalists. It's about time they got some help.
Just get your excuses ready when a year from now the economy has been hit with layoffs, unemployment and inflation. Fat lot of "help" it's gonna do us, is what the economists say.

So are you predicting another Jimmy Carter era?

The haters aren't just 'predicting', they're desperately hoping for the Economy to collapse. They're very bad folks.

Wow, a US President actually looking out for American Citizens?! That hasn't happened in awhile. WTG Trump! :clap:

United States Steel Corp. said it would restart a blast furnace in Illinois to handle the higher demand it expects from President Donald Trump’s proposed tariffs on foreign steel.

The steelmaker said it also plans to call 500 employees back to work at the Granite City mill. U.S. Steel idled its blast furnaces there two years ago as a flood of cheap imports pushed down domestic steel prices. Steel producers have been hurt in recent years by increasing competition from foreign competitors, particularly China, that have ramped up production at lower prices...

U.S. Steel to Restart Illinois Plant Operations Amid Trump’s Tariff Plans
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Woo--Hoo 500 jobs while killing the rest of the economy. Starting a trade war in the process.

daffy+duck+stupid+people+and+aliens.jpg

Tariffs and taxes have never created a single job in this country, but they're great for job loss's. The offended country will always install their own tariffs on American products. Therefore skyrocketing prices to consumers. The Federal Reserve jumps in raises interest rates to combat inflation. Consumers tuck in on their spending & borrowing and then comes the job layoffs--(across every industry.)

You have elected an ECONOMIC MORON!

The European Union has already responded to this tariff.
EU leader responds to Trump’s tariff plan: ‘We can also do stupid’
Canada
Five principles for a Canadian response to U.S. tariffs

What do you people think is going to happen to American exports? You know like General Motors, General Electric and every other corporation that exports products overseas, including lots of farmers?

Is 500 jobs that will dramatically slow down the economy worth it? Will there be any people left to buy steel after Trump is done?

GettyImages-615297946-E.jpeg

The Great Depression Lesson About ‘Trade Wars’

Time for fair trade again. Time to help American Workers out for a change. When or if China, Europe, and others are willing to end their tariffs and restrictions, i'll be willing to talk again. Till then, it's time to revive our Steel Industry and other US industries that were decimated by the Globalists.

Here's the deal, The fact that U.S. Steel is hiring is bad news to the anti-American crazy radical left but a bimbo named Stormy Daniels is the crazy left's new hero. Go figure.

Here's the deal.

You right-wing statists who have no clue about how economics and capitalism work and cheering this left-wing, statist, government interventionist policy that is no better than what happened under Obama.

But because you are a partisan hack, you cheer on your statist President for using government power to pick winners and losers in the global economy.

Umm, Toro, the winners in the global economy should be the US, as far as the president of such is concerned.

Gotta love you people who think anyone getting or keeping a job is terrible. What the fuck is wrong with you?

We’re not stupid, like you. The steel industry has 160,000 jobs. US Steel is adding 500 more. Big whoop!

US manufacturing companies using steel have 5,000,000 jobs. Trump is prepared to throw those 5,000,000 jobs under the bus to benefit the 160,000.

The figure I’m seeing consistently is that 5 jobs will be lost for every job that’s gained.

Realizing that you Russian bots are hired for you English skills not your math, let me clarify: Those 500 new steel jobs mean that 2,500 manufacturing jobs will be lost.

Does that sound like “winning” to you?

Trump is trying to revive the US Steel Industry. It'll take awhile to overcome the Globalist decimation though. It's refreshing having a US President actually looking out for American Citizens. We haven't had that in a long time.
You libs do love big gubmint forcing you to buy what they want

Like insurance? You have not got a leg to stand on. Trump is shrinking government. That is why he is not filling positions, he is eliminating those positions.
Yes, Trump’s tariff is very much like the ACA mandate. Congratulations, lib.

When China, Europe, and others end their tariffs and restrictions, we can then talk. Till then, Trump is trying to help American Workers out. And they haven't had much help in many years. The Globalists have decimated them. So many quality American jobs have been lost. So i'm grateful we finally have a US President looking out for American Citizens again. Good on Trump.

Wow, a US President actually looking out for American Citizens?! That hasn't happened in awhile. WTG Trump! :clap:

United States Steel Corp. said it would restart a blast furnace in Illinois to handle the higher demand it expects from President Donald Trump’s proposed tariffs on foreign steel.

The steelmaker said it also plans to call 500 employees back to work at the Granite City mill. U.S. Steel idled its blast furnaces there two years ago as a flood of cheap imports pushed down domestic steel prices. Steel producers have been hurt in recent years by increasing competition from foreign competitors, particularly China, that have ramped up production at lower prices...

U.S. Steel to Restart Illinois Plant Operations Amid Trump’s Tariff Plans
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Woo--Hoo 500 jobs while killing the rest of the economy. Starting a trade war in the process.

daffy+duck+stupid+people+and+aliens.jpg

Tariffs and taxes have never created a single job in this country, but they're great for job loss's. The offended country will always install their own tariffs on American products. Therefore skyrocketing prices to consumers. The Federal Reserve jumps in raises interest rates to combat inflation. Consumers tuck in on their spending & borrowing and then comes the job layoffs--(across every industry.)

You have elected an ECONOMIC MORON!

The European Union has already responded to this tariff.
EU leader responds to Trump’s tariff plan: ‘We can also do stupid’
Canada
Five principles for a Canadian response to U.S. tariffs

What do you people think is going to happen to American exports? You know like General Motors, General Electric and every other corporation that exports products overseas, including lots of farmers?

Is 500 jobs that will dramatically slow down the economy worth it? Will there be any people left to buy steel after Trump is done?

GettyImages-615297946-E.jpeg

The Great Depression Lesson About ‘Trade Wars’

Obama tariffed China in 2014. Was he an economic moron as well? And one more thing, if a country is dealing unfairly with us, and you were president, would you put tariffs on them?

Mark

Spot On. It's time for fair trade. China, Europe, and others have been implementing tariffs and restrictions for many years. It's about time someone fought for American Workers again. Good on Trump bigtime.:thup:

Here's the deal, The fact that U.S. Steel is hiring is bad news to the anti-American crazy radical left but a bimbo named Stormy Daniels is the crazy left's new hero. Go figure.

Here's the deal.

You right-wing statists who have no clue about how economics and capitalism work and cheering this left-wing, statist, government interventionist policy that is no better than what happened under Obama.

But because you are a partisan hack, you cheer on your statist President for using government power to pick winners and losers in the global economy.

Umm, Toro, the winners in the global economy should be the US, as far as the president of such is concerned.

Yes, the biggest losers have been American Workers. The Globalists have decimated them. It's time for change. Time for fair trade.

We’re not stupid, like you. The steel industry has 160,000 jobs. US Steel is adding 500 more. Big whoop!

US manufacturing companies using steel have 5,000,000 jobs. Trump is prepared to throw those 5,000,000 jobs under the bus to benefit the 160,000.

The figure I’m seeing consistently is that 5 jobs will be lost for every job that’s gained.

Realizing that you Russian bots are hired for you English skills not your math, let me clarify: Those 500 new steel jobs mean that 2,500 manufacturing jobs will be lost.

Does that sound like “winning” to you?

Trump is trying to revive the US Steel Industry. It'll take awhile to overcome the Globalist decimation though. It's refreshing having a US President actually looking out for American Citizens. We haven't had that in a long time.

Like insurance? You have not got a leg to stand on. Trump is shrinking government. That is why he is not filling positions, he is eliminating those positions.

When China, Europe, and others end their tariffs and restrictions, we can then talk. Till then, Trump is trying to help American Workers out. And they haven't had much help in many years. The Globalists have decimated them. So many quality American jobs have been lost. So i'm grateful we finally have a US President looking out for American Citizens again. Good on Trump.
Their tariffs harm them and help us. The EU has 200 million more people than us, but a lower GDP. That’s in large part because they have higher tariffs and subsidies. Wealth destroyers.

You rubes need to stop pointing to shitty countries and saying you want us to be like them. It won’t convince me to support your tariffs.

Their tariffs harm them and help us. The EU has 200 million more people than us, but a lower GDP. That’s in large part because they have higher tariffs and subsidies. Wealth destroyers.

You rubes need to stop pointing to shitty countries and saying you want us to be like them. It won’t convince me to support your tariffs.

Nothing can match the awful decimation Globalists have wrought upon American Workers. It's time to help them out for a change. China, Europe and others have always implemented tariffs and restrictions. They've been doing it for many years. Time for free and fair trade. Go Trump!

Nothing can match the awful decimation Globalists have wrought upon American Workers. It's time to help them out for a change. China, Europe and others have always implemented tariffs and restrictions. They've been doing it for many years. Time for free and fair trade. Go Trump!
Yeah and countless of their people live in absolute shit conditions. That’s what massive tariffs and subsidies do.

Yeah and countless of their people live in absolute shit conditions. That’s what massive tariffs and subsidies do.

Again, nothing can match the awful decimation Globalists have wrought upon American Workers. They eliminated so many quality American Jobs. It's been absolute decimation. Let's help our workers out for a change.

Now you have finally identified something real- China does steal technology.

And we should certainly retaliate against that- but Trump has not done anything to address that issue.

Meanwhile- protecting our industry? That is not capitalism- not sure what it is- but its not capitalism.

Gutting our industry should be a matter of national security. And like I stated earlier, we should tariff everyone on earth that uses our military might for protection. There is no level playing field without it.

Mark

So who uses our military might for protection- exactly?

Certainly South Korea and Japan and Israel.

But China doesn't- China would happily see us out of the China sea.

How are we going to 'tariff' everyone on earth exactly?

I said everyone on Earth that uses our military might. Which includes most of the countries on Earth.

Mark

Exactly how does China or India use our 'military might'?

And Russia- between the three of those countries they make up most of the land mass and people of the world.

What confuses you about this?

I said everyone on Earth that uses our military might. Which includes most of the countries on Earth.

Mark

I am not confused by your statement. I know what you are saying. I am saying that claim that most of the countries on earth uses our military might is pure fantasy.

And by 'free and fair trade' you mean America unilaterally imposing tariff's to protect favored American industries at the expense of other American industries- i.e. instead of Capitalism.

A little protectionism might just be a good thing. We need to maintain our ability to produce steel and Al. Also, cheep prices are only good for those that have good jobs.

If the Globalists are upset, you know it's a great move by Trump. It's time to help American Workers out for a change. They've been completely thrown overboard by US Globalists. It's about time they got some help.
Just get your excuses ready when a year from now the economy has been hit with layoffs, unemployment and inflation. Fat lot of "help" it's gonna do us, is what the economists say.

So are you predicting another Jimmy Carter era?

The haters aren't just 'predicting', they're desperately hoping for the Economy to collapse. They're very bad folks.

I am certainly hoping that:
a) Trump doesn't start a global trade war and
b) That doesn't trigger a national- or world wide depression.

Really- I would prefer my 401K and stock values to stay high.

Carrier plant bringing back jobs 2.0 :rofl:
Gotta love you people who think anyone getting or keeping a job is terrible. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Liberals want to see the USA fail.....if it means job losses so be it.
Tariffs cause job loss. Congratulations.
View attachment 181104
Yeah, you have been completely wrong since Trump got elected.

They're not called 'Useful Idiots' for nothin. ;)

A 'useful idiots'- the Trump voters.

And by 'free and fair trade' you mean America unilaterally imposing tariff's to protect favored American industries at the expense of other American industries- i.e. instead of Capitalism.

China, Europe, and others have been imposing tariffs and restrictions on US goods for many years. So it's time for fair trade. When China, Europe, and others remove their tariffs and restrictions, we can then talk again. Time to support our American Workers.

I thought you liberals didn't do "shitholes", that is what you are saying, shame on you.

View attachment 181104

And those idiots are seeing the policies they voted for advanced. Does it hurt that badly?

View attachment 181104

And those idiots are seeing the policies they voted for advanced. Does it hurt that badly?
Just see Obama's legacy become a bad memory is worth it. Anything else is icing on the cake.

I thought you liberals didn't do "shitholes", that is what you are saying, shame on you.
Well the tariffs ended up being a whole lot of nothing like most of what Trump says. Manufacturing is saved, but these 500 people will probably be sent back home.

Forum List

Back