US troops surrounded in Afghanistan

...air-power is already overhead, I would bet. There are designated assets for them, so they should have had support within minutes.

Fuck, another whiny ass thread from bleeding heart RWNJ's who desperately want boots on the ground in the Middle East but then lose their shit when any of them get into trouble.

You can't be a cry baby if you're FOR them being over there and something bad happens.

Fuck, another whiny ass thread from bleeding heart RWNJ's who desperately want boots on the ground in the Middle East but then lose their shit when any of them get into trouble.

You can't be a cry baby if you're FOR them being over there and something bad happens.
I'm not for them being over there,nor in any Islamic hellholes. I just hope and pray they get out safely.

I'm not for them being over there,nor in any Islamic hellholes. I just hope and pray they get out safely.
Bet you supported the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan.

I hope they get out safely.

“On the map there is one green dot representing friendly forces stuck in the compound, and around it is a sea of red [representing hostile forces],” the official told Fox News.

A U.S. military “quick reaction force” of reinforcements arrived late Tuesday and evacuated the U.S. special operations soldier killed in action, and the two wounded Americans in the compound, according to a U.S. defense official.

The crew of the disabled helicopter also evacuated safely, the official said.

The rest of the U.S. special operations team remain in the compound to secure the damaged HH-60 Pave Hawk helicopter in an area surrounded by Taliban fighters.

An AC-130 gunship has been called in for air cover as the U.S. troops now wait out the night.

Earlier in the day, two USAF HH-60 Pave Hawk helicopters were sent to rescue the U.S. special operations team. One of the helicopters took fire and waved off the mission and flew back to base. ...

"Everything's being done to secure the safety of those Americans and the Afghan forces," he added.

More than a dozen US troops trapped amid Afghanistan firefight | Fox News

Bet you supported the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan.
Don't give up your day job.

12 pairs of "boots on the ground" is not a fighting force. It's an appetizer for hungry terrorists

By Leada Gore | [email protected]
Follow on Twitter
on January 06, 2016 at 11:05 AM, updated January 06, 2016 at 11:06 AM

U.S. Army Special Forces (Contributed photo/Department of Defense)Leada Gore | [email protected]
A team of U.S. special operations forces were evacuated from an area in southern Afghanistan Wednesday morning after spending the night in a compound surrounded by Taliban forces.

Fox News first reported the ongoing battle, which killed one American soldier and wounded two others, on Tuesday. Military Times reports the soldier's body and the wounded personnel have been evacuated also. A U.S. team of quick responders remain on the ground in Marjah in Helmand province where they are guarding a helicopter that was damaged in yesterday's actions.

According to the Pentagon, two HH-60 Pave Hawk medical evacuation helicopters were sent to the scene yesterday to remove the body and the wounded. One helicopter had to return after taking fire and another was damaged when its rotor blades hit a wall in the compound as it tried to land. The crew of the damaged Blackhawk has been airlifted out as well.

US special operations soldiers trapped in Afghanistan amid firefight: Reports

More than a dozen U.S. Army special operations soldiers are trapped amid a firefight in Marjah, Afghanistan, a senior Pentagon official told Fox News Tuesday night.

Forum List

Back