USA is one of very few nations where the poor people are fat

How about a goddamn living wage for Christ's sake?

how about and going out and earning it for Christ's Sake?
Guess it doesn't bother you that families up against it are working 3 jobs just to get along They don't ask for dining out great vacations extra money for Xmas they just want to put food on the table and give their children a good life .Is that too much to ask for ,for those with not as much as you have?

So the fuck what

i had to work several jobs at one time to make ends meet

dont like the situation better your self ya shit wad

To the vast majority of poor in the world, our poor are wildly wealthy.
Except in comparison to other modern countries, when they are ridiculously poor and screwed... But carry on comparing them to Bangladesh, what with all their broken TVs and air conditioners and cars....
No they are not

Astonishing Numbers: America's Poor Still Live Better Than Most Of The Rest Of Humanity

But notice also that we're told that the US bottom 10% have a living standard very similar to those of Finland and Denmark: you know, those icy social democracies where they care more about the poor.

AS THEY SHOULD!!!!!
So stop whining about how bad our so called poor have it in this country
Unfortunately dupe our poor are now 30% of the country including many of our workers... Great job. How about a goddamn living wage for Christ's sake? Healthcare for all, cheap college and training, 1 months paid vacation or more, paid parental leave, cheap daycare, like every other modern country has, super dupe?

The way out of poverty is NOT a month's vacation every year. Compared to real poverty our poor are well off. As well off as the upper middle class of most countries. In this country the poor are poor if they drive a Ford instead of a Jaguar. If they have only two big screen television sets.

The jobs the poor are qualified to take are low skilled and low paying jobs. They refuse to take training and laugh at education. Education! Sure, where are those classes in SMBD?

Guess it doesn't bother you that families up against it are working 3 jobs just to get along They don't ask for dining out great vacations extra money for Xmas they just want to put food on the table and give their children a good life .Is that too much to ask for ,for those with not as much as you have?

And if/when they raise minimum wages those same families will need 4 jobs just to get along.

yes because because col will rise

and they will lose hours at the current jobs

one thing always remains true

the road to hell is paved with liberal intentions

this is no exception

And if/when they raise minimum wages those same families will need 4 jobs just to get along.
Too bad thinker you can't walk in their shoes

I have walked in their shoes. Then I got better jobs.

So the fuck what

I'm trying to better myself jon Friday was a good start
Day Change
+$60,381.41

Many immigrants come here. They are unskilled or they have mediocre skills. They do not speak the language. Yet they become successful and in many cases wealthy. How do they do it and our poor can't? Immigrants come here with no education, and the poor who have had the benefit of our education still can't read, still can't do simple arithmetic and cannot write their names. What's the difference?

It's highly amusing to see our "poor" wanting a cheap or free college education. Hey bub, what happened to K through 12? That was free. You still can't read, still can't add or subtract and still print your name in block letters. Just think 12 years of education down the shitter and you still want more.

Many immigrants come here. They are unskilled or they have mediocre skills. They do not speak the language. Yet they become successful and in many cases wealthy. How do they do it and our poor can't? Immigrants come here with no education, and the poor who have had the benefit of our education still can't read, still can't do simple arithmetic and cannot write their names. What's the difference?

It's highly amusing to see our "poor" wanting a cheap or free college education. Hey bub, what happened to K through 12? That was free. You still can't read, still can't add or subtract and still print your name in block letters. Just think 12 years of education down the shitter and you still want more.
You build up scarecrows only to tear them down Many come to this country with great enough skills to be hired by the biggest and best corporations at great salaries Doing jobs your poor white trash aren't capable of

You build up scarecrows only to tear them down Many come to this country with great enough skills to be hired by the biggest and best corporations at great salaries Doing jobs your poor white trash aren't capable of

Some come with nothing. I happen to know two of them. Very wealthy today, lived on the streets when they first came here.

The poor in this country mainly want to be poor. They just want to be paid better for it. Give them opportunity and they become more creatively poor.

I've addressed this on many occasions... it is primarily due to diet. The next time you are at he grocery, notice what these people are buying; it is primarily a lot of soda, prepared foods, etc. That shit will make you fat.

Why? Are they stupid? Can’t control their base urges? Why do they buy prepared foods? Lazy?

What is it?

It doesn't matter why they buy what they buy. They choose to buy shit food. They choose to eat too much. They are choosing to be fat.

They have no choice.
Of course they do.

It is always always always cheaper to cook your own meals than to buy prepackaged crap or fast food.

But our poorer Americans refuse to eat what are staple foods the world over.

Rice, beans, unprocessed oatmeal, less expensive cuts of meats etc but would rather eat fast food, crap sugar loaded cereals, frozen fried crap etc

You are wrong. Have you ever considered that you could be wrong about something?

Healthy food costs too much. It is NOT cheaper to cook healthy meals than to buy fast food.

Try harder ya arrogant fuck.

It IS cheaper to buy bulk rice, tomato paste, flour, sugar, beans, etc than it is to buy frozen prepared foods. It IS cheaper to buy rolled oats or cream of wheat than boxed processed cereal. It IS cheaper to bake bread than buy bread. It IS cheaper to make cookies from scratch than to buy them. Look at any prepper or frugal freak. They aren't stocking up on chips and twinkies for a reason.

be thankful that potato chips arent 1.00 a bag. its bad enough now that the average is 2.50 a bag,,,for 8oz? but I had to cut back on salts anyway. too bad they dont make completely salt free potato chips,,well, from where I go shopping at least.

be thankful that potato chips arent 1.00 a bag. its bad enough now that the average is 2.50 a bag,,,for 8oz? but I had to cut back on salts anyway. too bad they dont make completely salt free potato chips,,well, from where I go shopping at least.

The average price for a big bag of chips is around $1.50 where I live. UTZ makes a good no salt chip if you have them in your area

The average price for a big bag of chips is around $1.50 where I live. UTZ makes a good no salt chip if you have them in your area
not here in Fla. Cape Cod chips here retail close to 3. Wal Mart is closer to 2.00. Publix is generally high for any kind of chips. the best they will do for cape cod chips is 2.50. and those really good doritos dip chips is close to 3.00.

not here in Fla. Cape Cod chips here retail close to 3. Wal Mart is closer to 2.00. Publix is generally high for any kind of chips. the best they will do for cape cod chips is 2.50. and those really good doritos dip chips is close to 3.00.

Wow that sucks.....here is a ad from one local store with chips on sale.

Weekly Ad | Stager's Store

Wow that sucks.....here is a ad from one local store with chips on sale.

Weekly Ad | Stager's Store
well, things in general are a bit pricy here in Naples. I know food is cheaper as u go further north in Florida. I remember when a loaf of bread was 50 cents in winter haven when it was about 1.00? 1.25 in Boca Raton back in 1998.

Many people rent rooms, live in motels or other places where it's hard to cook healthy food. After a hard day's work or just looking for work it's easier to order at fast food, maybe go home and watch t.v. with your kids or whatever. Being down and out can put you in a real funk to where you're not inspired to do your best. I can tell there's quite a few right wingers on this board who know so little about life. Especially the ones on this thread. Just continous posting your hatred and scorn for your more unfortunate fellow Americans. Some of you probably call yourselves christians too, but you're sure not following the 'judge not or you will be judged' advice in the new testament.

Too bad thinker you can't walk in their shoes

I have walked in their shoes. Then I got better jobs.

most normal people do and have

So the fuck what

I'm trying to better myself jon Friday was a good start
Day Change
+$60,381.41

yup so if YOU can do it anyone can

thanks for proving my point turd breath

Forum List

Back