USA is one of very few nations where the poor people are fat

Thats funny to me...and also peculiar to at least one Indian, apparently...

“A friend from India told me that a countryman of his said: ‘I want to go to America. I want to see a country where poor people are fat.’”
--@ThomasSowell

poor people can't afford healthy food. they eat a lot of starch.

I don't recall Jesus saying "fuck poor people".

We give them WIC and plenty of food stamps.

Also, you are concluding about a very broad spectrum of people.

Give me a specific rundown of a healthy diet and how “Poor people” can’t afford healthy food.

You blame poor people for their problems like they are stupid wild animals who can’t do anything for themselves. Why the low expectations for those who do not earn a lot of money?

Green beans, Chicken breasts , and rice or potatoes are not that expensive.

When I was paying my way through college, I was poor as fuck...I lived in Gainesville off of minimum wage by working at Blockbuster video....my 2 week paycheck was roughly $250...so I took home about $125/week.

I wasn’t fat....yet I was poor.

Your assertion is a bullshit Prog cliche that is not based on any reality.
Our problem is not the poorest people who are eligible for programs like that thanks to the Democrats and no thanks to Pander to the rich GOP and racist bigots who follow them. Our problem is the middle class and the working class who are being slowly ruined by Reagan tax policy and lack of investment from the government and no cheap training and no cheap college and no paid parental leave and cheap daycare etc etc etc, all to save the greedy idiot GOP mega-rich from paying their fair share. Thanks dupes!

“A friend from India told me that a countryman of his said: ‘I want to go to America. I want to see a country where poor people are fat.’”
--@ThomasSowell

Your assertion that “poor people can't afford healthy food.” is simply bullshit.

--@ThomasSowell

Your assertion that “poor people can't afford healthy food.” is simply bullshit.
Not when you live in the ghetto with no supermarkets, just 7-Eleven and corner crack stores... American processed food gives us the great joy of being fat and hungry and unhealthy...

--@ThomasSowell

Your 100% correct....a single person can take $100.00 into Aldi's and eat good for one month.

Jillian is just repeating Prog dogma without any basis in reality.

That’s why there is no ability to back up the assertions with any practical examples...it all bullshit that Prog drones slurp up.

Poor people are perfectly capable of eating healthy.

Tax cuts for corporations is NOT a punishment to the middle class.

Just saying it, doesn’t make it true...and if you can’t back up your claims at all...they really aren’t true.

Last edited:

--@ThomasSowell

Your 100% correct....a single person can take $100.00 into Aldi's and eat good for one month.
Of course if they do manage to borrow a car to get there, the GOP bigots and scumbags tell them they shouldn't be able to have a car and food stamps at the same time... Lol

Duh!!! Obesiry is epedemic in the US...just travel overseas and see the difference.

--@ThomasSowell

And own a car, have awesome medical care, a flat screen over 40” in every bedroom and typically a gameing console. Poor people here are spoiled children children.

Jillian is just repeating Prog dogma without any basis in reality.

That’s why there is no ability to back up the assertions with any practical examples...it all bullshit that Prog drones slurp up.

Poor people are perfectly capable of eating healthy.

Tax cuts for corporations is not a punishment to the middle class.

Just saying it, doesn’t make it true...and if you can’t back up your claims at all...they really aren’t true.
The last giant corporations and the mega Rich pay in taxes, the less money there is to invest in infrastructure and infrastructure jobs and cheap college and training and other services for the non-rich... Now being slowly ruined for 35 years under Reagan tax rates and policies, super dupe.

--@ThomasSowell

And own a car, have awesome medical care, a flat screen over 40” in every bedroom and typically a gameing console. Poor people here are spoiled children children.

Don’t forget the latest cell phones on unlimited data plans for everyone in the family.

It’s utter bullshit that “the poor can’t afford to eat healthy food.”

What does that even mean? It so broad and general.

Who are “the poor” and what is “healthy food”?

Last edited:

--@ThomasSowell

Only if they're middle class and just lost their jobs, you incredible super dupe idiot. Thanks to Democrats they do have basic Medical Care in the form of Medicaid, unless they live in stupid a****** red States.

--@ThomasSowell

Don’t forget the latest cell phones on unlimited data plans for everyone in the family.

It’s utter bullshit that “the poor can’t afford to eat healthy food.”

What does that even mean? It so broad and general.

Who are “the poor” and what is “healthy food”?
You are out of your tiny brainwashed bigoted little mind, ridiculous super dupe. Thanks to Reagan and Bush though they do have free cell phones with 8 minutes a day of minutes.

--@ThomasSowell

Only if they're middle class and just lost their jobs, you incredible super dupe idiot. Thanks to Democrats they do have basic Medical Care in the form of Medicaid, unless they live in stupid a****** red States.

Yet they can afford marijuana and cigarettes and beer and game consoles. Imagine the lettuce they could buy with what one playstation costs.

--@ThomasSowell

Yet they can afford marijuana and cigarettes and beer and game consoles. Imagine the lettuce they could buy with what one playstation costs.

$400 for a PlayStation buys almost 3 ounces of tree here in Colorado.

--@ThomasSowell

Of course if they do manage to borrow a car to get there, the GOP bigots and scumbags tell them they shouldn't be able to have a car and food stamps at the same time... Lol

They shouldn't have a newer 35K SUV which I seen them load their groceries into many times. Hey, I would love a 35K SUV with a snow plow on it, but even if I could afford it, I wouldn't be able to afford the gas.

--@ThomasSowell

Not when you live in the ghetto with no supermarkets, just 7-Eleven and corner crack stores... American processed food gives us the great joy of being fat and hungry and unhealthy...

So why don't they have any supermarkets? Did you say theft? Well that would be correct. And who's responsible for the theft in those ghettos that closed the stores?

--@ThomasSowell

I don't recall him saying that government should forcibly take money from people to feed the poor either. His message was give of thy self.

Forced charity is not charity at all. Forced charity is theft.

Those “Poor” people who eat garbage and get fat are doing so because they want to eat garbage and get fat.

There is no other reason.

Basic vegetables, meat, and a complex starch is not an expensive meal at all.

You can get chicken for $1.99/pound. Green beans are 50 cents per can, and a 10 pound bag of potatoes is $5.

That’s a healthy meal. A grilled chicken breast, green beans, and a baked potato.

It should be about $2 per plate at most....and that’s WITHOUT FOOD STAMPS.

That’s using a practical example to back up my claim. You Progs should try it.

Those “Poor” people who eat garbage and get fat are doing so because they want to eat garbage and get fat.

There is no other reason.

Basic vegetables, meat, and a complex starch is not an expensive meal at all.

You can get chicken for $1.99/pound. Green beans are 50 cents per can, and a 10 pound bag of potatoes is $5.

That’s a healthy meal. A grilled chicken breast, green beans, and a baked potato.

It should be about $2 per plate at most....and that’s WITHOUT FOOD STAMPS.

That’s using a practical example to back up my claim. You Progs should try it.

Even if they couldn't afford it on food stamps, maybe get rid of the pets and they wouldn't have to buy those two huge bags of dog food, cat food and litter. Then use that money to supplement their food stamps and eat as healthy as they like.

Forum List

Back