Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

High_Tide_Grand_Haven_Lighthouse_Michigan.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

It's election day in Britain and I just got back from voting conservative. The prediction is there will be a hung parliament, then there will have to be another coalition between more than one party. I am all for keeping the existing government, because they are the only ones I trust with the economy.

It's election day in Britain and I just got back from voting conservative. The prediction is there will be a hung parliament, then there will have to be another coalition between more than one party. I am all for keeping the existing government, because they are the only ones I trust with the economy.

I think we Americans are a bit backwards when it comes to politics in other countries. I'm pretty sure all the Brits and other Europeans who post on a message board like this know a lot more about our political parties and candidates than we know about yours. I honestly haven't followed U.K. politics at all since John Majors was prime minister and that's my bad. We can't talk pros and cons of politics here in the Coffee Shop but what happens in both our countries does affect us all. So I hope your election turns out well.

Oh and good morning everybody.

Today, May 7, commemorates the premiere of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. Anybody care to hum a few bars?

On this day in 1992, the Shuttle Endeavor was launched on its maiden voyage--the first shuttle launch since the Challenger disaster.

But more significantly for all of us, this is the day that Issack B. Fubine received the first patent for his invention: macaroni. And macaroni and cheese became a reality. Favorite recipes anyone?

Oh and good morning everybody.

Today, May 7, commemorates the premiere of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. Anybody care to hum a few bars?

On this day in 1992, the Shuttle Endeavor was launched on its maiden voyage--the first shuttle launch since the Challenger disaster.

But more significantly for all of us, this is the day that Issack B. Fubine received the first patent for his invention: macaroni. And macaroni and cheese became a reality. Favorite recipes anyone?

Apparently, before Christa McAuliffe was chosen for the Challenger, there was a plan for Big Bird to be sent up. The suit turned out to be too big. Just read an article about the guy who wears the Big Bird suit.

Ordered a Roku 2 (basically just as fast as the Roku 3 but cheaper) and a highly rated indoor digital antenna, think I'll get myself a TV for my birthday........ :D

We got a Roku 3 for the USB port. The 2 doesn't have one. :(
Checked the reviews and decided on the 2 even though it uses AV cables instead of the HDMI cable, everyone who professionally reviewed it says it's just as fast as the 3. Got mine for $50 on Amazon.
Am thinking about a 39" HDTV (Vizio), Sears (yeah, I know, I know.....) has one for $189 with free shipping. Have to see if their online shipping is just as slow as their home delivery service before I order it.......
Why a 39"? It's the biggest that will fit in our Oriental TV cabinet though I could leave the 26" that's in there now and wall mount a 50" in the living room....... Decisions, decisions......

I wanted to have the ability to play files from an external source, hence the USB.

I had been considering getting myself a new TV for my birthday, but now that I don't know if getting a broadcast signal is viable here, I may just save my money.

It's hard to feel comfortable getting into bed to sleep after finding a scorpion under your pillow. :ack-1:

Wow. I wouldn't get into bed until I had an exterminator in.

We used to have someone come out and spray the house regularly, but still had scorpions. Best guess at this point is that there is some sort of nest beneath the house. I've seen 4 scorpions in the last few days so I suppose there has been a hatching recently after hibernation, or whatever they do in winter.

I did change my sheets and woke up every 45 minutes or so looking around my bed last night. :mad:

It's hard to feel comfortable getting into bed to sleep after finding a scorpion under your pillow. :ack-1:

We used to have someone come out and spray the house regularly, but still had scorpions. Best guess at this point is that there is some sort of nest beneath the house. I've seen 4 scorpions in the last few days so I suppose there has been a hatching recently after hibernation, or whatever they do in winter.

I did change my sheets and woke up every 45 minutes or so looking around my bed last night. :mad:

Wow ! I thought I had a problem with moths, but I much prefer them to scorpions.

Wow ! I thought I had a problem with moths, but I much prefer them to scorpions.
Most scorpions aren't that bad, like getting a bee sting. doesn't mean it's okay, especially in ones bed but it's not as bad as a lot of people think it is. I wouldn't want the damn things crawling around my house or in my bed, I don't really like bee stings either..........

We have cotton mouths here, but except for the garage, none have gotten in the house.

Except for the occasional rattler that might wander in an open door, I think the only poisonous snakes you have to worry about getting into buildings are the copperheads. And they can be terrible.

Well you have my sympathy. I wouldn't like that at all either.

In honor of its birthday. Considering that Beethoven was totally deaf when he wrote this, it is really miraculous to me:

We have cotton mouths here, but except for the garage, none have gotten in the house.
Dealt with my share of Cottonmouths in Florida thank you...... Hopefully never again....... Came real close on 3 occasions to getting bit.

If there were a lot of poisonous snakes in England I would get a shotgun. They are the best weapon for snakes.
We do have adders here, but I have never seen one in my entire life.

Except for the occasional rattler that might wander in an open door, I think the only poisonous snakes you have to worry about getting into buildings are the copperheads. And they can be terrible.
Unless things have changed there are no Copperheads this far west unless you consider some areas of Texas.

Ordered a Roku 2 (basically just as fast as the Roku 3 but cheaper) and a highly rated indoor digital antenna, think I'll get myself a TV for my birthday........ :D

We got a Roku 3 for the USB port. The 2 doesn't have one. :(
Checked the reviews and decided on the 2 even though it uses AV cables instead of the HDMI cable, everyone who professionally reviewed it says it's just as fast as the 3. Got mine for $50 on Amazon.
Am thinking about a 39" HDTV (Vizio), Sears (yeah, I know, I know.....) has one for $189 with free shipping. Have to see if their online shipping is just as slow as their home delivery service before I order it.......
Why a 39"? It's the biggest that will fit in our Oriental TV cabinet though I could leave the 26" that's in there now and wall mount a 50" in the living room....... Decisions, decisions......

I wanted to have the ability to play files from an external source, hence the USB.

I had been considering getting myself a new TV for my birthday, but now that I don't know if getting a broadcast signal is viable here, I may just save my money.

You could hook up your TV through your computer and then get Netflix and or hulu plus or any of the other channels you might watch right from their own websites.
How to Hook Up a Computer to TV 11 Steps with Pictures

We have copperheads and rattlers here too. I've yet to see a rattler, but I've seen a few cotton mouths and they tend to be aggressive. The copperheads seem to hurry away from humans.

Forum List

Back