USMB Coffee Shop IV

:eusa_shhh: Don't tell him, he thinks it posted properly........

:lol:

It did, your browser either won't read mp3 or is blocking it.

Do you think it could be my ad blocker?

Shouldn't be but you can temporarily disable adblocker and test it. What other "add-ons" are you using?

None that I know of. I use Google Chrome as my browser.
I don't use Chrome so I don't know what the setting are. Could also be your AV (Anti-Virus), if it has an online browser protection aspect it could be blocking the mp3. :dunno:

I have Norton. I don't really know much about that kind of thing though.
The only thing I know about Norton is I don't use it. Why pay that much money for something that you can get for free or at a fraction of the cost that works even better.

Do you think it could be my ad blocker?

Shouldn't be but you can temporarily disable adblocker and test it. What other "add-ons" are you using?

I don't use Chrome so I don't know what the setting are. Could also be your AV (Anti-Virus), if it has an online browser protection aspect it could be blocking the mp3. :dunno:

The only thing I know about Norton is I don't use it. Why pay that much money for something that you can get for free or at a fraction of the cost that works even better.

Where can you get antivirus for free? Maybe for 30 days it's free, but then they start to bill your credit card.

Where can you get antivirus for free? Maybe for 30 days it's free, but then they start to bill your credit card.

Avast offers a very good free program and doesn't ask for a credit card. You do have to reregister the software now and then and of course they do advertise their premium program that they do charge for. I do have their premium version that covers three of our most active computers for one charge--all the other computers have the free version.

Bitdefender is good and I use Avast, there's also a relatively new one called Panda free. If you go to their sites they promote their paid versions (obviously) and you might have to search a little for the free download or you can go to Softronic and download the free versions from there but be careful you don't download and install Softronic's installer. It wont hurt your system it's just an extra piece of software you don't need.
One other thing with most free programs, they "offer" things like Yahoo as a search engine, you have to pay attention when installing and uncheck those "extras". Never use the standard installation, always use the custom selection.

You also want to download and install Malwarebytes (free) and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free. The first is not an anti-virus protection, it's an anti-malware program, the second is what's called a zero-day vulnerability protector, it runs in your browser and looks for potential vulnerability attacks and stops them before they can do any damage.

Here's Avast:

Avast Download Free Antivirus Software

Malwarebytes:

Malwarebytes Thank you for downloading Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Malwarebytes Anti-exploit:

Malwarebytes Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit - Free Zero-Day Exploit Protection

You also want to download and install Malwarebytes (free) and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free. The first is not an anti-virus protection, it's an anti-malware program, the second is what's called a zero-day vulnerability protector, it runs in your browser and looks for potential vulnerability attacks and stops them before they can do any damage.

Here's Avast:

Malwarebytes:

I recently ran a malware program because I did get some malware. That's why I got the Norton. Before that, I didn't have anything on this computer. Thankfully, on my work computer, my company pays for our antivirus, and it's Norton. That's why I chose Norton. I will look into some less expensive ones though. Maybe even a free one.

Here's Avast:

Malwarebytes:

I recently ran a malware program because I did get some malware. That's why I got the Norton. Before that, I didn't have anything on this computer. Thankfully, on my work computer, my company pays for our antivirus, and it's Norton. That's why I chose Norton. I will look into some less expensive ones though. Maybe even a free one.
If someone else is paying for it then Norton does the job. One problem I had with Norton a decade ago was it was a resource hog, slowing the computer down and that it was extremely invasive planting itself all though the computer system and some programs. Whether that's the case now-a-days I have no idea.

Here's Avast:

Malwarebytes:

If someone else is paying for it then Norton does the job. One problem I had with Norton a decade ago was it was a resource hog, slowing the computer down and that it was extremely invasive planting itself all though the computer system and some programs. Whether that's the case now-a-days I have no idea.

It doesn't seem to affect my computer that I'm aware of. This computer (my lap top) is just for play though. I only use my work computer (PC) for work.

Dresser is done. Just gotta varnish it but for now...it's ready to stuff with clothes.

35hjkv9.jpg

This is what it looks like in my "Office" space in my room:

2cni3ig.jpg

And this is where I park my ass when watching tv, and sleep at night so I can have the door open to the back yard near my head:

2mxfvxg.jpg

btw...pillow shams work wonders on the back of an office chair, lol. Makes it look purdy...from the front. You are seeing the backside.

2cni3ig.jpg

And this is where I park my ass when watching tv, and sleep at night so I can have the door open to the back yard near my head:

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2mxfvxg.jpg

The link to the pic at the bottom of your post looks so comfy and cozy...the books I would love to read in that spot, or just look out those windows at the pretty scenery.:)

I live in my room, so I have everything I love stuffed in it. The doorway you see with the branches is the hallway door. Normally, it's shut to lock out the rest of the house and roomies. Back here, its just me in my room, Mr Gracie in his room across the hall. Rest of the house has just "stuff" I don't care about. Anything I DO care about..is back here in the back end of the house behind that locking door ;)

I've been using AVG free for years now. Like Avast, it asks you to buy the premium version at times, but that's usually no more bother than just clicking the X to close a window. There are probably other good free anti-virus programs available. You can do a search and read up on it if you like, see what kinds of reviews various programs get.

As Ringel said, one thing to always look out for when installing is hidden options. Having a program you didn't ask for installed when you are putting what you actually want on the computer is a very common tactic. I assume that software publishers are paid to add those sort of 'back door' installations by the companies that create the programs. Most of the time they are probably not malicious, but it's never good to have unexpected programs put on the computer. ;)

2cni3ig.jpg

2mxfvxg.jpg

Looks great! Did you go out and buy a stencil or something for the design?
I have oodles of stencils. Sometimes I freehand, though. Too lazy this time, plus shakey hands make freehanding difficult. I miss the days of doing furniture and getting 400 bucks per dresser.Sigh.

Forum List

Back