USMB Coffee Shop IV

Damn ! I am all flustered. I have had a telephone scammer bothering me. He pretended to be my service provider, but then started asking me questions. I guessed he was trying to make me change from my existing provider so I put the phone down. Then he ran again later and this time I got him to admit he was from another company and I put the phone down again. If he rings again I will tell him to F off.
Ya need a national do-not-call registry.......

I was on that for a while but you have to sign up every year or something. I just keep forgetting to do that. :D
No you don't however you do have to sign back up if you get a new number.
Also, if a telemarketing firm is affiliated with, sayyyyy, Sears and you shop at Sears one time they can then legally call you, charities and political calls are exempt. Lastly, I have to double check this one, local (in-state) businesses are exempt, also the registry was never meant to end all calls, it was meant to cut them way back.

Last edited:
Boy it's REALLY cooled down up nort' here in Wiscaaansin. I love it.

So there I was, standing there in the pouring down rain at an afternoon auction yesterday, just for one thing, and boy did it pay off. I had read on the auction bill that there was a "chipper/shredder" to be sold, and when I got there and saw it, it looked like new. Come to find out it's only been used once, so it is virtually new. I did a little quick research with the Galaxy at the auction and saw that they go for around $550 new. So the bidding starts on it low and never really builds any steam. It quickly went to just me and one other person that didn't seem to enthused about bidding, so always bid as though you will NOT quit and they usually die out, even though my cousin, the auctioneer, did not want to give it up, aside from his pounding it trying to get more money for it, the bid ended with me at $170. He knew I was stealing it... LOL... YA WIN SOME, YA LOSE SOME, yesterday I won big time. Boy can I use this thing...

20150818_173804_zps7qzoooes.jpg

Lol. Gotta love the warnings. Don't stick your head in the chipper now! :lol:

So there I was, standing there in the pouring down rain at an afternoon auction yesterday, just for one thing, and boy did it pay off. I had read on the auction bill that there was a "chipper/shredder" to be sold, and when I got there and saw it, it looked like new. Come to find out it's only been used once, so it is virtually new. I did a little quick research with the Galaxy at the auction and saw that they go for around $550 new. So the bidding starts on it low and never really builds any steam. It quickly went to just me and one other person that didn't seem to enthused about bidding, so always bid as though you will NOT quit and they usually die out, even though my cousin, the auctioneer, did not want to give it up, aside from his pounding it trying to get more money for it, the bid ended with me at $170. He knew I was stealing it... LOL... YA WIN SOME, YA LOSE SOME, yesterday I won big time. Boy can I use this thing...

All of us boys like our different toys..... :lol:

:thup:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Ever wonder why there were all these warnings on all these different products? Let's face it, anyone who sticks their head in a powered up chipper or uses a hair drier in the bathtub deserves what they get........

All of us boys like our different toys..... :lol:

:thup:

My son is currently working for a tree company, and they have a really huge and powerful one. He says that he can see how, if you don't know what you're doing, you could get dragged into it if you were a smaller lighter person. He tells me you have to be pretty careful on how you put larger branches in there and stuff. :ack-1:

Ever wonder why there were all these warnings on all these different products? Let's face it, anyone who sticks their head in a powered up chipper or uses a hair drier in the bathtub deserves what they get........

Considering some of the posts I've read here, it's not really all that surprising anymore! :lol: "Hmm, what's that in there, money?" :p

Considering some of the posts I've read here, it's not really all that surprising anymore! :lol: "Hmm, what's that in there, money?" :p
I'd be willing to bet we all have done something extremely, dangerously stupid at least once in our lives.......... Me? there are times I wonder how I survived my youth....... :lol:

Damn ! I am all flustered. I have had a telephone scammer bothering me. He pretended to be my service provider, but then started asking me questions. I guessed he was trying to make me change from my existing provider so I put the phone down. Then he ran again later and this time I got him to admit he was from another company and I put the phone down again. If he rings again I will tell him to F off.

You tell 'em! :321:

Lol. I don't like getting calls all the time from the same telemarketers either. Can't you block calls? Maybe tell them if they give you the option to block their calls, you'd think about it. :D

I rang the number to find out who had called me, but his number was withheld so I can not block it.
What annoyed me was that he definitely tried to deceive me into believing he was my service provider, so as to get information that would allow him to change my account.
I can block "private" type numbers that withhold their information on my Galaxy S4.

I wonder if he is the same guy speaking very bad English who calls at least twice a week to tell me that my computer is not working properly and he needs to fix it?

I wonder if he is the same guy speaking very bad English who calls at least twice a week to tell me that my computer is not working properly and he needs to fix it?

I would ask really? how do you know? Did you hack it???
Or say, I have a fix for you -- it's called "you're under arrest" cause I'm a cop!

Good morning all. Supposed to be about 20 degrees cooler here today too and I'm loving it. I am so ready for fall weather.

Meanwhile I just saw this and love, love LOVE it :):

Well yipee yiyo cow patty, look what the UPS guy just dropped off... the new Dewalt DWE7491RS table saw... Christmas continues...

20150819_104109_zpsyvtey2jx.jpg
the stand come with it? Or is the picture just "advertising"?
Yup, the stand with the fold down legs and wheels comes with it.

I did a lot of research on "portable" table saws, and this one kept showing up as a favorite and got good reviews.

Last edited:
Was just reading that one of the latest scams targets folks who rent hotel rooms for the night. You just check in and you get a call from what appears to be the front desk saying that they are having trouble getting the equipment to accept your credit card and could you please read them the numbers? Of course it isn't the front desk at all but an outside crook.

Lol. I don't like getting calls all the time from the same telemarketers either. Can't you block calls? Maybe tell them if they give you the option to block their calls, you'd think about it. :D

I rang the number to find out who had called me, but his number was withheld so I can not block it.
What annoyed me was that he definitely tried to deceive me into believing he was my service provider, so as to get information that would allow him to change my account.
I can block "private" type numbers that withhold their information on my Galaxy S4.
Yup, our cell phones are now our primary phones, I block those calls also. The home phone is in the "office", can't hear it in the bedroom or in the main part of the house.......

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Got my CPAP yesterday, put it on this morning when I finally went to bed, woke up about 2 hours later with a headache and took it off...... Looks like I'm going to have to work up to using it all night.

The only problem we would have with that is the three friends/relatives in the medical profession who appear as "private numbers' on our caller ID when they call us for routine stuff. So I put up with all the crap instead of using means that would also block those calls that we want.

Forum List

Back