USMB Coffee Shop IV

38 at wake up time this morning. Oh! I joined the 21st century. I now have a facebook page.

Woo hoo. Hope it is as good an experience for you as it has been for me. I pretty well steer clear of controversial issues on Facebook as we do here in the Coffee Shop but otherwise Facebook has allowed me to share lives with old classmates, friends, colleagues, and family in a way that would never have happened without Facebook.

I am on facebook and twitter as Dajjal, but I am afraid I revel in controversy. For example I just posted on twitter telling Cat Stevens off and baiting Richard Dawkins.
Ahhh yes, a man after my own heart........ :D

I just posted something about that, but decided it was inappropriate for the jolly old coffee shop, so I deleted it.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's sore hand,
Drifter's loss of his beloved fur friend,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

th

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I was thinking the same as Mont. I wonder if some of the cliff collapsed or if they built it like that on purpose. I don't know how comfortable I'd feel being in that house. Lol. It's cool though. :)
That's the old mill at Chrystal in Colorado, circa 1980s. It's about 4 - 5 miles from the marble quarry in (shock) Marble Colorado.

It's kind of amazing that place is still standing if you think about it! :)
Actually that was suppose to read 1880s, not 1980s. Lot's of old mine buildings, log cabins, etc are still standing, some were used and maintained up through the early to mid 1900s.

38 at wake up time this morning. Oh! I joined the 21st century. I now have a facebook page.

Woo hoo. Hope it is as good an experience for you as it has been for me. I pretty well steer clear of controversial issues on Facebook as we do here in the Coffee Shop but otherwise Facebook has allowed me to share lives with old classmates, friends, colleagues, and family in a way that would never have happened without Facebook.

I am on facebook and twitter as Dajjal, but I am afraid I revel in controversy. For example I just posted on twitter telling Cat Stevens off and baiting Richard Dawkins.

I just posted something about that, but decided it was inappropriate for the jolly old coffee shop, so I deleted it.
I've done that a few times even though most would know it's just me being funny.

I've done that a few times even though most would know it's just me being funny.

Me too actually. We constantly struggle with the dichotomy of saying what we think and feel measured against how others take what we post, and there is the constant risk of something offending or hurting somebody when we had no intention of being offensive or hurtful. But everybody who finds that the Coffee Shop kind of works for them has usually developed that sixth sense that no, I probably shouldn't post that, because somebody will take it differently than I meant it. And I too have deleted posts for that reason. And we've all pretty well developed a kind of tolerance that when somebody does inadvertently post something that comes across as a bit judgmental or harsh or otherwise irritates a burr under the saddle or whatever, and probably every one of us has done that at some time over the years, we're pretty good at giving them the benefit of the doubt that they probably didn't mean it as it sounded to us.

And elsewhere in the debate/discussion threads, I don't know how many times I started typing out an argument and looked at it and realized it was overly snotty and/or condescending or judgmental or indefensible or otherwise not useful and deleted it before posting it.

And sometimes I step in it too. :)

Last edited:
Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's sore hand,
Drifter's loss of his beloved fur friend,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

th

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I was thinking the same as Mont. I wonder if some of the cliff collapsed or if they built it like that on purpose. I don't know how comfortable I'd feel being in that house. Lol. It's cool though. :)
That's the old mill at Chrystal in Colorado, circa 1980s. It's about 4 - 5 miles from the marble quarry in (shock) Marble Colorado.

It's kind of amazing that place is still standing if you think about it! :)
Actually that was suppose to read 1880s, not 1980s. Lot's of old mine buildings, log cabins, etc are still standing, some were used and maintained up through the early to mid 1900s.

Yeah, I figured that was just a typo. :D

Something is wrong with Karma. We don't know what. Yet.
Calling vet again tomorrow.
My hand is fine now so I can be taken off the list.

I am very very worried and stressed about Karma.
Prayers for her please.

Karma is back on the list Gracie. And I'm happy you're still here too. :)

Me too actually. We constantly struggle with the dichotomy of saying what we think and feel measured against how others take what we post, and there is the constant risk of something offending or hurting somebody when we had no intention of being offensive or hurtful. But everybody who finds that the Coffee Shop kind of works for them has usually developed that sixth sense that no, I probably shouldn't post that, because somebody will take it differently than I meant it. And I too have deleted posts for that reason. And we've all pretty well developed a kind of tolerance that when somebody does inadvertently post something that comes across as a bit judgmental or harsh or otherwise irritates a burr under the saddle or whatever, and probably every one of us has done that at some time over the years, we're pretty good at giving them the benefit of the doubt that they probably didn't mean it as it sounded to us.

And elsewhere in the debate/discussion threads, I don't know how many times I started typing out an argument and looked at it and realized it was overly snotty and/or condescending or judgmental or indefensible or otherwise not useful and deleted it before posting it.

I always say what I think and feel, usually without much hesitation. :D Maybe too often.

The fact is I am very tame now compared with what I have been like on the Internet since 9/11/01
Mainly because I was mostly drunk until about three years ago when I had to give up drinking because it started affecting me physically as well as mentally. Before that I used to rant and rave in capital letters and use bad language.

Last edited:
I figure you are all understanding, me being a cat and all. If you feel your tail poofing out just relax and remember it is save.

The fact is I am very tame now compared with what I have been like on the Internet since 9/11/01
Mainly because I was mostly drunk until about three years ago when I had to give up drinking because it started affecting me physically as well as mentally. Before that I used to rant and rave in capital letters and use bad language.

Well we continue to congratulate your ability to get clean and sober and regain control of your life. But I still sometimes rant and rave in capital letters. I just don't do so publicly. :)

I did it again, I keep forgetting I am in the coffee shop and getting all radical . So I had to delete another post.
At least I am self moderating.

Well we continue to congratulate your ability to get clean and sober and regain control of your life. But I still sometimes rant and rave in capital letters. I just don't do so publicly. :)

It's no credit to me that I stopped drinking, it just started making me too ill to get it down.

It's no credit to me that I stopped drinking, it just started making me too ill to get it down.

Sorry I'm not buying that. It might have been the being sick and tired part that made you quit, but it was your choice too or else you would have decided many times since to see if it still made you sick and tired. :)

Ha, Ha, I am really buzzing on twitter tonight: raising hell. But it's too political/religious to mention here. Look me up on twitter, I am Dajjal there too, and using the same avatar.

Has anyone tried to set up an online account with a bank or some company that takes security to an unreasonable level?

View attachment 55560

ROFL, yep. We have. After I went through the process to set up my account to access my medical records with my healthcare provider, I felt like I was qualified to be the chief security adviser for Fort Knox or something. And the sad thing is, while they make it extremely difficult for me to access my account without jumping through a bunch of loops, and I do appreciate that, it still most likely isn't foolproof or unhackable by a pro who for whatever reasons wanted to get into that account.

LiFi internet: First real-world usage boasts speed 100 times faster than WiFi

Li-fi.....wireless data transferred through light rather than radio. Supposedly up to 100 times faster than wi-fi. The inventor talks about using light bulbs as internet connections. :D

Yike! The return of Nicola Tesla!
What about the light pollution though?

My cable company (which provides internet, then charges me extra for not watching TV) keeps making noises about how they're stringing fiber optic. I've been awaiting its arrival. But the repair guy last week says they're only sending it to places that aren't served by cable now, so it'll never happen. :crybaby:

Forum List

Back