USMB Coffee Shop IV

Winter has finally arrived in England today, its bloody cold for the first time this year.
As for running to keep fit I am more likely to have a heart attack if I run. I no longer run to catch a bus, I just keep walking toward one that is waiting at a stop, and hope it will still be there when I get to it. If not I wait for the next one. I carry bread with me to feed the pigeons while I wait.
Define "bloody cold".

12227097_852468014852576_6836706642419036134_n.jpg

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's sore hand,
Drifter's loss of his beloved fur friend,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

766d22f9372fdff2b8631d35fbe5a442.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

38 at wake up time this morning. Oh! I joined the 21st century. I now have a facebook page.

Woo hoo. Hope it is as good an experience for you as it has been for me. I pretty well steer clear of controversial issues on Facebook as we do here in the Coffee Shop but otherwise Facebook has allowed me to share lives with old classmates, friends, colleagues, and family in a way that would never have happened without Facebook.

Thank you guy's for your support. I really appreciate it.

We may have to get a new car to replace this one. I hope we can find a good deal on one if we have to.
Lawley's is a good honest car dealer. I knew the owner's grandma, she was one really great lady, she was 99 when she passed away a few years back.

We are leasing our new car for the first time ever, but when we figured it up, almost all the lease payments are subtracted from what the balance will be on the car after three years. And because Subarus hold their value so well, a good three-year-old Legacy that has been cared for as we will care for ours will easily retail as much or more than the balance we would owe if we buy it at that time. And because so much of the maintenance is included in the lease deal, we just couldn't see how we could really lose. Most especially since the monthly lease is so low and we really couldn't afford the car payments on a new one if we bought it right now.

How does a car lease work?
Isn't it like just renting a car?
I know nothing about it.
Do you have to trade it back to the dealer at the end of the lease?
What happens if the trade back is less than the value?
What if you don't have the money to buy it at the end of the lease, can you get another lease on another car?

Just thought I would let y'all know I am taking a wee break for a bit. Bad night last night with Karma being sick (tummy ache), and I am not only worn out staying up with her all night and running to the vet this morning, it is just adding to the negativity I am feeling when I come here to this board. Not this thread, but unfortunately it is in the board.
Too much going on in the world, too much sadness, too much anger (on myself as well) at what is going on all over earth...and it is affecting me. So...I will be binging on tv shows, concentrating on Karma, and playing with Pinterest and Twitter and places that just show oodles of nice pics, funny stuff or where words are not really needed.

Vet said Karma is just having a bellyache, took some tests. Meanwhile I am in flareup mode again, tired, and just burned out from fatigue. So if I am not around...you now know why.

I'll be back when I get back to my ornery normal self.

Hugs

We may have to get a new car to replace this one. I hope we can find a good deal on one if we have to.
Lawley's is a good honest car dealer. I knew the owner's grandma, she was one really great lady, she was 99 when she passed away a few years back.

We are leasing our new car for the first time ever, but when we figured it up, almost all the lease payments are subtracted from what the balance will be on the car after three years. And because Subarus hold their value so well, a good three-year-old Legacy that has been cared for as we will care for ours will easily retail as much or more than the balance we would owe if we buy it at that time. And because so much of the maintenance is included in the lease deal, we just couldn't see how we could really lose. Most especially since the monthly lease is so low and we really couldn't afford the car payments on a new one if we bought it right now.

I know nothing about it.
What if you don't have the money to buy it at the end of the lease, can you get another lease on another car?

The lease has a down payment similar to buying a car--the down payment can be cash or a trade in vehicle or a trade in plus cash--and comes off the top of the price of the lease vehicle. Then almost all the lease payments are deducted from the price of the vehicle for however long the lease lasts--in our case three years. At the end of the three years we have the option to turn the car back into the dealership and owe nothing, or we can buy the vehicle for the balance left on it. And since Subarus retain their value so well and we will be taking very good care of the car, it is pretty certain the book value of the car will not be less than the balance left on it. The lease payments are about half what the payments would have been had we bought the car outright, and they include most of the maintenance the car will need for those three years. We have to bring it in for check ups, rotate the tires--all paid for by the lease payment--and otherwise we insure it and put gas in it and that's about it. Oh the second and third year we will have to pay for the registration--that is taken care of in the lease agreement the first year.

Just thought I would let y'all know I am taking a wee break for a bit. Bad night last night with Karma being sick (tummy ache), and I am not only worn out staying up with her all night and running to the vet this morning, it is just adding to the negativity I am feeling when I come here to this board. Not this thread, but unfortunately it is in the board.
Too much going on in the world, too much sadness, too much anger (on myself as well) at what is going on all over earth...and it is affecting me. So...I will be binging on tv shows, concentrating on Karma, and playing with Pinterest and Twitter and places that just show oodles of nice pics, funny stuff or where words are not really needed.

Vet said Karma is just having a bellyache, took some tests. Meanwhile I am in flareup mode again, tired, and just burned out from fatigue. So if I am not around...you now know why.

Hugs

Sorry you're having a rough patch Gracie. If you find you can't live without us, just check in here now and then and ignore the rest of the board. But if you need a prolonged break, we'll miss you and will welcome you back when you return.

38 at wake up time this morning. Oh! I joined the 21st century. I now have a facebook page.

You young whippersnapper you.

I'll never succumb to that. :eusa_snooty:
20th century was good enough for my elders, by crackies it's good enough for me.

Hugs

I completely agree with Gracie. I sense the same thing. Only difference is she's smart enough to walk away, and I'm not.

Hello, Again Hello Introduction thread.

It is Freedombecki!

<chases tail around 90 mph>
<climbs curtains>
<leaps over couch>

Prayer, praise and thanksgiving!

I know nothing about it.

The lease has a down payment similar to buying a car--the down payment can be cash or a trade in vehicle or a trade in plus cash--and comes off the top of the price of the lease vehicle. Then almost all the lease payments are deducted from the price of the vehicle for however long the lease lasts--in our case three years. At the end of the three years we have the option to turn the car back into the dealership and owe nothing, or we can buy the vehicle for the balance left on it. And since Subarus retain their value so well and we will be taking very good care of the car, it is pretty certain the book value of the car will not be less than the balance left on it. The lease payments are about half what the payments would have been had we bought the car outright, and they include most of the maintenance the car will need for those three years. We have to bring it in for check ups, rotate the tires--all paid for by the lease payment--and otherwise we insure it and put gas in it and that's about it. Oh the second and third year we will have to pay for the registration--that is taken care of in the lease agreement the first year.

Thank you very much for the information Foxfyre :)
We might look into that if the repair on the car is too much.

I know nothing about it.

Thank you very much for the information Foxfyre :)
We might look into that if the repair on the car is too much.

Especially if you have a dealership that you really trust, it sure couldn't hurt to inquire. And you can negotiate the price of the car you're leasing just the same as if you were buying it.

Hugs

I completely agree with Gracie. I sense the same thing. Only difference is she's smart enough to walk away, and I'm not.

Well, while I understand and don't fault those who need to take a break, I don't see any point to thumbing my nose at everybody just because some people decide to be numbnuts, idiots, and jerks. So I'm gonna stay here and appreciate all you wonderful people in the Coffee Shop as long as you'll put up with me. Those who expect us to arrange things just as they want them will continue to be disappointed as it has been for the last five years, but those who come in and add their humanness and spirit and humor or whatever will continue to bless us all. For sure those who quit the board or the Coffee Shop for that matter don't punish anybody but the people who like them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back