USMB Coffee Shop IV

BTW the wife has a strong possibility of a job in Phoenix...... Now that's desert....... The joke now is we we "sent" to El Paso to prepare us for Phoenix summers....... :lol:

Does she want the job? Shall we send prayers and/or positive vibes for that or is she hoping for something else to get her off that hook?
It's what she's been doing and the money is good so yeah, she wants the job. Currently the only other potential is an analyst job with the DEA down here in El Paso that pays less than half of the one in Phoenix besides she kinda likes seeing the west, moving around to get a feel for where we'd like to eventually end up.
Heck she'd be happy with something in Alamogordo, she actually likes the town and the fact it's a few minutes up into the mountains where there are trees....... :lol:

BTW the wife has a strong possibility of a job in Phoenix...... Now that's desert....... The joke now is we we "sent" to El Paso to prepare us for Phoenix summers....... :lol:

Does she want the job? Shall we send prayers and/or positive vibes for that or is she hoping for something else to get her off that hook?
It's what she's been doing and the money is good so yeah, she wants the job. Currently the only other potential is an analyst job with the DEA down here in El Paso that pays less than half of the one in Phoenix besides she kinda likes seeing the west, moving around to get a feel for where we'd like to eventually end up.
Heck she'd be happy with something in Alamogordo, she actually likes the town and the fact it's a few minutes up into the mountains where there are trees....... :lol:

Well Phoenix isn't that far from the White Mountains and cooler temps too.

Ya know, sewing clothes really isn't that hard, what's a pain is trying to figure out some of the instructions. It took two days of (off and on) reading the instructions and watching videos on how to sew Welt pockets before I finally found a video that actually made sense. It is a step by step, explain the terminology how to video where the lady didn't hurry through it like the professional tutoring videos did. One thing I learned from one pro video cleared up a bunch of confusion, it seems in these days many people don't differentiate between Jet, Piped and Welt pockets, if you look up Welt pockets you'll get all three with the video author calling it a Welt pocket.

12540680_10153860989511489_7466662830072033822_n.jpg

Ya know, sewing clothes really isn't that hard, what's a pain is trying to figure out some of the instructions. It took two days of (off and on) reading the instructions and watching videos on how to sew Welt pockets before I finally found a video that actually made sense. It is a step by step, explain the terminology how to video where the lady didn't hurry through it like the professional tutoring videos did. One thing I learned from one pro video cleared up a bunch of confusion, it seems in these days many people don't differentiate between Jet, Piped and Welt pockets, if you look up Welt pockets you'll get all three with the video author calling it a Welt pocket.

It is an art. My mother was the best seamstress I have known in my lifetime. Every seam finished, linings, zippers, button holes, hems etc. perfectly set in and everything tailored to fit the person the garment was for. She had some pretty terrible taste in clothing at times, but they were impeccably tailored and sewn. But what you are describing is a whole different ball game, and I am impressed at your attention to detail to be authentic. Where are you going to wear these garments when you have completed them?

It is an art. My mother was the best seamstress I have known in my lifetime. Every seam finished, linings, zippers, button holes, hems etc. perfectly set in and everything tailored to fit the person the garment was for. She had some pretty terrible taste in clothing at times, but they were impeccably tailored and sewn. But what you are describing is a whole different ball game, and I am impressed at your attention to detail to be authentic.
Where are you going to wear these garments when you have completed them?
Walmart? :dunno:

Fort Stanton, El Paso Museum maybe the Fort Bliss Museum, if we're still in the area by the time I'm finished.

So sewing instructions are similar to Linux instructions? :p

I am entertaining my self with the zen stories thread, illustration art thread, eye candy thread, soul candy thread. In short, not talking much. I find myself way behind "out there" and decided I like it.

I thought of gallantwarrior a lot today though (did ya feel a tickle on your neck, like someone was watching you? That was me :lol: ). Been watching Buying Alaska show and every time a new episode came on, I thought of him and his goats. :)

I'm up. dressed, and have everything tidied up before 7 a.m.? Very unlike me. But we're having our weekly 42 session at our house today and our friends arrive at 10 a.m. and I have quite a bit to do to get a good stew made and have everything ready to serve lunch. We really really enjoy these 42 sessions. ("42" is Texas 'bridge' or a bidding game played with dominoes for those who aren't from Texas or thereabouts.)

I am entertaining my self with the zen stories thread, illustration art thread, eye candy thread, soul candy thread. In short, not talking much. I find myself way behind "out there" and decided I like it.

I thought of gallantwarrior a lot today though (did ya feel a tickle on your neck, like someone was watching you? That was me :lol: ). Been watching Buying Alaska show and every time a new episode came on, I thought of him and his goats. :)

I enjoy shows like that now and then. And except for one or two 'safe' threads, I wade out onto the rest of the board very rarely these days. :)

I'm up. dressed, and have everything tidied up before 7 a.m.? Very unlike me. But we're having our weekly 42 session at our house today and our friends arrive at 10 a.m. and I have quite a bit to do to get a good stew made and have everything ready to serve lunch. We really really enjoy these 42 sessions. ("42" is Texas 'bridge' or a bidding game played with dominoes for those who aren't from Texas or thereabouts.)

Have fun! :)

Putting together a video report of Stolen Valor, filmed by a buddy of mine in the Army.

"basically what happened I was at the gym with my buddy who is prior service army we saw this guy wearing ACU bottoms scrub top and an ACU cold weather parka when I asked him where he got the uniform he said he was special operations

We started filming a minute into the conversation but you can basically see how he retract his story the entire time

He went from Special Operations Delta Force - I work for the DoD to I just make these uniforms lol"

I'm uploading the video to FB at the moment. Can't wait to have some fun with this today. I got the phony's personal contact information from the website he is pushing product from. Dude has no idea what's coming.

I enjoy shows like that now and then. And except for one or two 'safe' threads, I wade out onto the rest of the board very rarely these days. :)

Karma has called upon me to post out on the board lately. Poor defenseless posters....

Forum List

Back