USMB Coffee Shop IV

What does a cup of joe cost in here? :coffee:

It's free! :)

Coffee-and-Breakfast.png

Be careful though, the waffles cost an arm and a leg! :p

Well Coffee Shoppers, today is April 28, 2016. 28 years ago today I drank 3 shots of Jack Daniel's and 4 Budweisers and headed off to Edgehill in Newport, Rhode Island. I have not had a drink since. Damn! I'm thirsty!
Be honest, it was the Scuzweiser that did it....... :D

The greenhouses are open at last! I suppose Mother's Day being a week from Sunday has something to do with it. Our last frost happens in mid-May around here, so I will not be wearing a blister on my credit card this weekend buying flowers for the World Famous Pimplebutt Flower display.

Rather, I will buy Mom some of her favorite coleus in red, green and variegated tones for the planters flanking the front door at the Big House.

I use the simple rule of thumb for her planters: thrillers, fillers and spillers. A grand tall variety anchors down the middle. Multi-colored plants fill in the rest of the pots while an asparagus vine spills over the side. Simple yet effective.

My Brooklyn friend is coming here again this summer to go to the bi-annual Pig Roast and the Shaker Woods craft festival come early August. She asked last night about going to a Pirates game. No need to twist my arm there! One of the home games during her visit is also Pup Night. Dog owners can bring their mutts and curs to PNC Park. They set up a special section out in the left field bleachers and give away dog related swag like bandannas, collapsible drinking bowls and collars. Daisy the Mutt has never ever shown any interest in baseball, but with all those other dogs to sniff and play with, I'm guessing she would have a grand night out at the ball yard.

My friend, however, likes the whole Pittsburgh experience. That involves parking at Station Square which is hard against the south bank of the Monongahela, and then taking the boat over around the Point to the landing in front of PNC Park. I'm not sure that the water taxi allows dogs, no matter how cute and friendly. It might be a lonely night at home for Daisy.
I have some pretty rocks, gravel and a whole lot of sand........ And weeds, did I mention the weeds? :eusa_whistle:

Thanks Ernie...

Top Shelf Gin, Schweppes, in a Bucket, NFL

Good tunes on the Juke Box

Not hard to please. :booze:
Tanqueray or Bombay Sapphire?Music from Jerry Lee Lewis to today's (what they call) hits with of course a bit of country thrown in. If you ever find yourself on the Gulf Coast, stop by Doc Holliday's in Foley, AL.

Spent a little time on the Redneck Riviera. In fact I was 14 miles North of Downtown Gulfport Aug 28, 2005. Quite an experience for a fellar who hails from the Midwest. Just another chapter in the book.

Back in the day it definitely would have been Tanqueray... Nursing a bad liver for the last 15 years so I no longer indulge.

Music leans a little to the country side, what am I saying it leans a lot to the country side.

Thanks Ernie...

Tanqueray or Bombay Sapphire?Music from Jerry Lee Lewis to today's (what they call) hits with of course a bit of country thrown in. If you ever find yourself on the Gulf Coast, stop by Doc Holliday's in Foley, AL.

Spent a little time on the Redneck Riviera. In fact I was 14 miles North of Downtown Gulfport Aug 28, 2005. Quite an experience for a fellar who hails from the Midwest. Just another chapter in the book.

Back in the day it definitely would have been Tanqueray... Nursing a bad liver for the last 15 years so I no longer indulge.

Music leans a little to the country side, what am I saying it leans a lot to the country side.
We can deal with that. We try to be Designated Driver friendly. We have Beck's non alcoholic beer, O'Doul's, Virgil's Cream Soda and Root Beer, Cuban coffee and can even whip you up a milkshake.
Foley is mid way between Pensacola and Mobile, about 5 miles north of the Gulf.

Thanks Ernie...

We can deal with that. We try to be Designated Driver friendly. We have Beck's non alcoholic beer, O'Doul's, Virgil's Cream Soda and Root Beer, Cuban coffee and can even whip you up a milkshake.

I'll have a root beer float please. :D

Well Coffee Shoppers, today is April 28, 2016. 28 years ago today I drank 3 shots of Jack Daniel's and 4 Budweisers and headed off to Edgehill in Newport, Rhode Island. I have not had a drink since. Damn! I'm thirsty!
Congrats, Ernie. Feels good doesn't it? I'll have 22 years on May 8. Never regretted it.

Good morning all. Overcast here, a shower possible. Looks like we're entering into a wetter period--that is relative for us of course as a few sprinkles is considered wet here--and much cooler--back down into the 50's and low 60's for the next several days. I'm figuring this is our last spring cold snap.

Hope everybody is well and looking forward to a good Thursday. The weekend approaches.
upload_2016-4-28_23-6-19.png

Thanks Ernie...

We can do that, or we can add a shot of Jeremiah Weed Sarsaparilla infused bourbon. You know, the way John Henry Holliday himself, would have ordered his root beer float.

Thanks Ernie...

NURSE! Hey NURSE!
Please get this young lady a Root Beer Float and put it on my tab. :D

Congrats, Ernie. Feels good doesn't it? I'll have 22 years on May 8. Never regretted it.
Feels a lot better than where I was when I dried out. I probably wouldn't have lasted another 6 months. I really don't miss it, though my partner is a beer connoisseur and brews his own and I really would love to try his product and sample some of the craft beers we stock. I can't do it and I accept that.
I really can't afford to start. I figure I have probably 50 gallons of hard liquor and 2,000 bottles of beer in stock. If I started, I wouldn't stop until it was all gone.

Thanks Ernie...

We can do that, or we can add a shot of Jeremiah Weed Sarsaparilla infused bourbon. You know, the way John Henry Holliday himself, would have ordered his root beer float.

Once again Ernie congrats on the willpower and if I am ever in neighborhood I will stop in.

Forum List

Back