USMB Coffee Shop IV

Okay, I'm freshly back from the laundry room, and all I have to say about that is:

13217044_890282257765527_2947425815863649083_o.jpg

Also I have some decisions to make and would appreciate some thoughtful insight.

In reorganizing and culling the stuff in my kitchen, I realize that decades of baking, broiling, toasting etc. have left a lot of my baking pans and sheets looking pretty crappy.

So the decision is:

1. Leave them looking crappy--they still do function.
2. Expend the considerable elbow grease necessary with stainless steel cleaner and Brillo or S.O.S. pads to clean them up.
3. Throw them away and get new ones.

What do you think?
How about a decisive n tree?

Here we go: do you serve the baked goods in the same dish or pan they were baked in?.yes, throw the pan away and buy a new one.

Did you decide to throw away the dish? How about PMing Nosmo about a new Fiestaware dish?

If no, you do not serve in that dish, keep it.

Is that pan beyond the point of a thorough cleaning?

If yes, throw it away for hygienic reasons.

If you throw it away, why not PM Nosmo about getting a new Fiestaware dish?

See how some simple it is?

I sense a trend, not much is getting clean...:biggrin:

I'm spending the weekend in Mobile, AL for the regional APA 9-ball pool tournament. The event is called "City Cup" If my team, Doc Holliday's own "Sure Shots" win, we will be going to Las Vegas this fall for the National Championship. Yes, it's 4:30 AM. I can't sleep and I have to be at the event at 8:00. Wake up call in 2 hours, dammit.

On a whim I bought a bottle of 300 mcg Melatonin at Walgreens awhile back. Took a couple of those a bit before retiring and every night I dropped off to sleep much more quickly than normal and woke during the night far less. The stuff really did work for me. And it is a natural substance, not a drug. Might try it.

Okay, I'm freshly back from the laundry room, and all I have to say about that is:

Also I have some decisions to make and would appreciate some thoughtful insight.

In reorganizing and culling the stuff in my kitchen, I realize that decades of baking, broiling, toasting etc. have left a lot of my baking pans and sheets looking pretty crappy.

So the decision is:

2. Expend the considerable elbow grease necessary with stainless steel cleaner and Brillo or S.O.S. pads to clean them up.

What do you think?

Here we go: do you serve the baked goods in the same dish or pan they were baked in?.yes, throw the pan away and buy a new one.

Did you decide to throw away the dish? How about PMing Nosmo about a new Fiestaware dish?

I posed the same question on Facebook and got about 40 responses. The overwhelming vote was to have one or two pretty oven to table dishes or pans and keep those old crusted seasoned pans because they cook like no other. For sure a well seasoned cornbread pan is going to cook that wonderful cornbread like a shiny new pan cannot. One old classmate said she used all that elbow grease and shined up her mom's cornbread pan so that it looked like new. It never cooked that wonderful crusted just right cornbread again.

So thanks for your input everybody. Just keeping them is certainly the cheapest and most pain free option.

So the decision is:

What do you think?

I posed the same question on Facebook and got about 40 responses. The overwhelming vote was to have one or two pretty oven to table dishes or pans and keep those old crusted seasoned pans because they cook like no other. For sure a well seasoned cornbread pan is going to cook that wonderful cornbread like a shiny new pan cannot. One old classmate said she used all that elbow grease and shined up her mom's cornbread pan so that it looked like new. It never cooked that wonderful crusted just right cornbread again.

So thanks for your input everybody. Just keeping them is certainly the cheapest and most pain free option.
So you don't want any Fiestaware?

So you don't want any Fiestaware?

I am not into Mexican party favors.
The Homer Laughlin China Company, based right here in my hometown, does not make piñatas.

HomerLaughlin.com

No that hard, some old newspaper, water and flour....

Actually we have some Chinese Mexican plates for our everyday stuff, this would have been helpful information two years ago.
Rachel Ray is big for pans and the like in my family.

Sometimes mr boe is so cute. He's making lunch and brought me a wee potato chip with a dab of onion dip as an "amuse bouche".

Like that is going to distract me from the fact that he is eating a bowl of chips and dip out in the kitchen all by himself.

I'm spending the weekend in Mobile, AL for the regional APA 9-ball pool tournament. The event is called "City Cup" If my team, Doc Holliday's own "Sure Shots" win, we will be going to Las Vegas this fall for the National Championship. Yes, it's 4:30 AM. I can't sleep and I have to be at the event at 8:00. Wake up call in 2 hours, dammit.

On a whim I bought a bottle of 300 mcg Melatonin at Walgreens awhile back. Took a couple of those a bit before retiring and every night I dropped off to sleep much more quickly than normal and woke during the night far less. The stuff really did work for me. And it is a natural substance, not a drug. Might try it.
I'm thinking about picking up some CPh4.

I'm not sure the FDA has approved that one yet. :) At any rate Melatonin is really cheap and you don't need a prescription to get it.

I'm not sure the FDA has approved that one yet. :) At any rate Melatonin is really cheap and you don't need a prescription to get it.
There's this Korean drug lord...... Oh yeah, he died....... :D

Anyone have windows 10? I keep getting an offer from microsoft for an upgrade to it wondering who has and what they think about it.

Have it on all three of our computers that we use a lot. (All others are Vista or XP) More complicated than Win 7, lacks some features I liked on Win 8, but has been a really stable system and runs old software that Win 7 and Win 8 wouldn't. All a matter of personal taste I think. If the constant reminders and update stuff becomes annoying on Win10, you can turn that stuff off.

I might try it the next time I am plagued by insomnia. I rarely have trouble sleeping but the mattress in this hotel feels like it has bones embedded in the stuffing.The center of the bed was marginally more comfortable.
Well we were eliminated in the second round. We actually were beaten pretty badly.Still in all we finished in the top 16 of over 100 teams.

Anyone have windows 10? I keep getting an offer from microsoft for an upgrade to it wondering who has and what they think about it.
Win 10 is getting less buggy, is faster than 7 and unlike earlier versions actually distribute the CPU workload over every core evenly, more efficient if you have a multi-core system.
You can upgrade to Win 10 and have one month to revert back to your old OS before the executable file to do that is disabled.

Drawbacks;
Win 10 is adware and spyware disguised as an operating system.
(Good news is that can be overcome).
You cannot control updates, you will get them, you can control when your computer restarts.
Bloatware, tons of bloatware, all but Edge and Cortana can be uninstalled, Edge and Cortana can be disabled.
The Start menu is a bastard hybrid of Win 7 and Win 8. There are very good 3rd party Start menus available.
The standard games in Win 7 have disappeared, they are available for download on Winaero.

Made a nice pork shoulder roast for dinner. :thup:

BI0601_simple-roasted-pork-shoulder_s4x3.jpg

That looks delish! I love roast pork (with applesauce and mashed potatoes).

I've had a lovely day at home - it's nice to stay in after a few days of biz travel and tons of meetings.

So, I just finished up four loads of laundry. Earlier, I made some pizza sauce and a batch of pizza dough (which is happily rising). I'll start heating up the oven and baking stone in an hour or so. Homemade pizza from scratch is da bomb, fo shizzle.

There's this Korean drug lord...... Oh yeah, he died....... :D
For those who don't get the reference;

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
Mr. And Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Gracie's eye surgery and stop smoking project,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

13095939_10155325326227925_8041671571828706598_n.jpg
Thank you for keeping Sachenda, her son Gary, and husband Bob on the list, Foxy. I saw a heartbreaking post from Gary on Facebook this morning. His mom's affliction makes her difficult and apparently she recalls lost of the "bad" things from the past and few of the good. Of course, the poor kid was a typical kid and now regrets his mostly minor, and not atypical, kid transgressions.

Forum List

Back