USMB Coffee Shop IV

I was up at 6:30 again for another court date and for a second time, nothing got done. My attorney is the DA for the small town just east of here and had to handle an emergency commitment hearing here in Foley while I was cooling my heels in Bay Minette, 42 miles north of here. It seems that committing someone who thinks they are sane and rational and insists on representing themselves is a time consuming process.
Next date, 7/8
Got the late shift tonight, so I'll be up til 4 AM or so. Let's see... Yesterday morning, I was up about 9 AM. I opened up and stayed for poker til 10PM and came home, laid down and stared at the ceiling until 5 AM. If my brain is still working that works out to43 hours on 1.5 hours of sleep.
And you people wonder why I keep saying that 2 1/2 years ago I was retired but now I'm just tired.

That sucks Ernie. We have a family member who is also trying to get through a divorce procedure and is running into the same sorts of problems. But I hope Doc's is still fun for you despite being tired.

I was up at 6:30 again for another court date and for a second time, nothing got done. My attorney is the DA for the small town just east of here and had to handle an emergency commitment hearing here in Foley while I was cooling my heels in Bay Minette, 42 miles north of here. It seems that committing someone who thinks they are sane and rational and insists on representing themselves is a time consuming process.
Next date, 7/8
Got the late shift tonight, so I'll be up til 4 AM or so. Let's see... Yesterday morning, I was up about 9 AM. I opened up and stayed for poker til 10PM and came home, laid down and stared at the ceiling until 5 AM. If my brain is still working that works out to43 hours on 1.5 hours of sleep.
And you people wonder why I keep saying that 2 1/2 years ago I was retired but now I'm just tired.

Committing someone? I must have missed something.

Next date, 7/8

Another case his lawyer had to deal with, I assume. That lead to the lawyer not being available for Ernie's court date and having it pushed back.

Next date, 7/8

Another case his lawyer had to deal with, I assume. That lead to the lawyer not being available for Ernie's court date and having it pushed back.

Ohhhh! I thought Ernie was trying to have someone committed. Lol.

Next date, 7/8

I spent a couple of months institutionalized when I was young and when I was being admitted, they basically told me to agree to it so I wouldn't have to go through the process of being forced in.

Cheers everyone :coffee:

I love Baseball...

upload_2016-6-1_5-15-1.png

Morning everyone. I think its time to raise a new barnyard cat. This little gal is a breed between my alpha male cat (ridiculously muscular tabby, the one some of you may recall surviving the fox attack), and the first calico offspring of Gypsy the Savage (rest her soul). I call her Gypsy Also.

I will be spending the next few days aquanting her with her uncle Moo-Moo, whio is Gypsy the Savage's first-born male (14 months old). He's become territorial of the back deck, so this will take some careful cat whispering.

Pics will follow as I display my skill sets (or lack thereof lol) with cats.
IMG_20160529_114943.jpg

Last edited:
Next date, 7/8

Ohhhh! I thought Ernie was trying to have someone committed. Lol.

Maybe that would be easier than divorcing her? Probably not. Just a thought.

Morning everyone. I think its time to raise a new barnyard cat. This little gal is a breed between my alpha male cat (ridiculously muscular tabby, the one some of you may recall surviving the fox attack), and the first calico offspring of Gypsy the Savage (rest her soul). I call her Gypsy Also.

I will be spending the next few days aquanting her with her uncle Moo-Moo, whio is Gypsy the Savage's first-born male (14 months old). He's become territorial of the back deck, so this will take some careful cat whispering.

Pics will follow as I display my skill sets (or lack thereof lol) with cats.
View attachment 76663

Adorable. And that's another reason you fit in so well here in the Coffee Shop Sixfoot--lots of cat people here. Dog people too. Gypsy is going to look a lot like 007's Bootsie.

When I introduced our last Siamese tom at age 7 weeks to our 3-year-old female Siamese, she was entirely hostile to the idea. So I kept her on a leash when she was around the little one for a couple of days until I was sure she had accepted him. A few weeks later when she had her next litter of kittens I was surprised to find her nursing the new tom cat, going on 3 months old along with her new kittens. The two of them would produce some gorgeous kittens for years later on.

Last edited:
Here's Papa Grover. You can see one of his scars on his nose from the fox attack. I hope Gypsy Also inherited his savage green eyes.

Look at that magnificent muscular neck of his...

IMG_20160601_110807.jpg

Is there an agency that takes care of orphaned wild animals that you can report this to?

I don't know, but the first problem is they are not in my garden, but under the neighbors patio. To get them out of there would probably entail pulling up the entire boarding.

I have not seen either adults or cubs again today and its worrying. I have been considering putting out a bowl of dry dog food and a bowl of water in my garden hoping the cubs will find it. But they do not even seem to be coming out of their lair now.

I might go and talk to the neighbors about it if I don't see them soon.

Is there an agency that takes care of orphaned wild animals that you can report this to?

I don't know, but the first problem is they are not in my garden, but under the neighbors patio. To get them out of there would probably entail pulling up the entire boarding.

I have not seen either adults or cubs again today and its worrying. I have been considering putting out a bowl of dry dog food and a bowl of water in my garden hoping the cubs will find it. But they do not even seem to be coming out of their lair now.

I might go and talk to the neighbors about it if I don't see them soon.

That would be a plan. But also runs the risk of dangerously domesticating the foxes. The agencies around here that accept orphaned wild animals know what to do for them and how to reintroduce them to the wild when they are ready. All you have to do is make them aware of the situation and they will deal with the neighbor and devise a plan for how to rescue the cubs if that seems advisable.

My Pop's side of the family was notoriously 'thrifty'. That's the euphemism associated with Scotsmen. But Mom's side is Scottish too and could squeeze the nickel until the buffalo craps, or so said Pop.

My Uncle Dale on Mom's side was a wood carver. He carved wee scraps of wood into fantastic objects. What was once a part of a fence post could be rendered into a bald eagle of a howling wolf or a miniature version of the White House under his skilled hands.

I was a Boy Scout and Uncle Dale was a scoutmaster for another troop. Uncle Dale carved neckerchief slides and then hand painted them. He had amassed a huge collection. On our visits to his house, Uncle Dale reveled in showing off his collection. I could tell he was studying my face as I stood amazed at the variety and craftsmanship. He would even hand me a slide I might find cool. But I never left his home with one of his carvings.

Uncle Dale was also a gardener and had a big patch of rhubarb. Mom followed him to the garden where he asked her if she liked rhubarb too. "Yes! I love it!" said Mom. She left empty handed too.

I guess Uncle Dale liked watching us admire his skills, but he was awfully reticent to share.

Kind of a lazy day today, didn't get up until almost 11 AM but didn't go to bed until 2:30. Temp got up to almost 90 until the t-storms rolled in and dropped it down to the mid 70s, feels good.
Cooking dinner right now, thick center cut pork chops. While shopping yesterday was looking at pork chops at $3.50 a pound then saw the large pork tenderloin for $2.50 a pound. Bought a 9.5 pound tenderloin and cut 12 thick chops and 2 loin roasts out of it. :thup:

Kind of a lazy day today, didn't get up until almost 11 AM but didn't go to bed until 2:30. Temp got up to almost 90 until the t-storms rolled in and dropped it down to the mid 70s, feels good.
Cooking dinner right now, thick center cut pork chops. While shopping yesterday was looking at pork chops at $3.50 a pound then saw the large pork tenderloin for $2.50 a pound. Bought a 9.5 pound tenderloin and cut 12 thick chops and 2 loin roasts out of it. :thup:
Oops, cut 16 thick chops not just 12, packed em 4 to a freezer bag.

I don't know why, but even though I'm sick and didn't have any need to be up, I only slept for about 7 hours last night. I was hoping to get at least 9, figuring sleep would help me fight off this cold or flu or whatever it is.

This is strange. I just ordered some pool filters through WalMart's website. I checked my email no more than a couple of minutes after placing the order. I got two emails from WalMart. The first had a time stamp of 9:06 and said that my order has been cancelled. The second had a time stamp of 9:07 and thanked me for my order. Did they cancel the order before they processed the order? :dunno:

This is strange. I just ordered some pool filters through WalMart's website. I checked my email no more than a couple of minutes after placing the order. I got two emails from WalMart. The first had a time stamp of 9:06 and said that my order has been cancelled. The second had a time stamp of 9:07 and thanked me for my order. Did they cancel the order before they processed the order? :dunno:

You should be able to log into your Walmart account to see what transactions took place today.

Forum List

Back