USMB Coffee Shop IV

You folks are just going to freak...

My favorite cake and yes my mother made for me was Mayonnaise cake.:biggrin:

Ewww. Whenever I get a sandwich from the sub shop, I always tell them to go very light with the mayo.

I usually don't get mayo on my subs. Prefer mustard on some or their sweet onion sauce is great.
Oil & vinegar, s & p. Mayo kills it.

I go for flavor. Mustard has it. Mayo does not. For me it just adds calories without increasing my enjoyment of the sandwich or whatever. So alas, though I am doing my best to cook and eat healthier food, I won't give up the guilty pleasure of enjoying my food. And sometimes that just requires Miracle Whip that has a great flavor at least for those of us who enjoy it.

I'll have some mayo on hand or will make some for those of you who don't like Miracle Whip when you come for a visit though. :)
I rarely eat mayo anyway or ketchup or any other condiment or even minty condoms for that matter. I can't remember the last time I made a tuna, chicken or egg salad though I did have a ham sandwich a couple of weeks ago with mayo and a burger a month ago with ketchup and mayo on it.

For those who don't know, the photo with the vigil list last night is a scene from the inside of Ernie's bar. I don't drink and I would love visiting there. :)
I appreciate that you posted a shot from Doc Hollidays!
As always, everyone raved about my butt (pulled pork for you folks with dirty minds) and our Pirates Bash was a great night. We had live entertainment from a two piece group called Delta Smoke and we featured rum drinks, adding 5 new ones to the repertoire. Here's a shot of me with 2 of my favorite bar wenches.View attachment 79594

Yes, that is a real sword and I do know how to use it.

Looking good Ernie. But why do I imagine you as a star on Duck Dynasty? Love the outfits.
I get that a lot. Or, ZZ Top or Oak Ridge Boys, Alabama or someone from a TV show about moonshiners. I'm unconventional, I guess; always have been, but people do remember me.

Ewww. Whenever I get a sandwich from the sub shop, I always tell them to go very light with the mayo.

I usually don't get mayo on my subs. Prefer mustard on some or their sweet onion sauce is great.

I go for flavor. Mustard has it. Mayo does not. For me it just adds calories without increasing my enjoyment of the sandwich or whatever. So alas, though I am doing my best to cook and eat healthier food, I won't give up the guilty pleasure of enjoying my food. And sometimes that just requires Miracle Whip that has a great flavor at least for those of us who enjoy it.

I'll have some mayo on hand or will make some for those of you who don't like Miracle Whip when you come for a visit though. :)
I rarely eat mayo anyway or ketchup or any other condiment or even minty condoms for that matter. I can't remember the last time I made a tuna, chicken or egg salad though I did have a ham sandwich a couple of weeks ago with mayo and a burger a month ago with ketchup and mayo on it.
If they stopped selling ketchup tomorrow, I'd probably go the rest of my life not noticing it.

For those who don't know, the photo with the vigil list last night is a scene from the inside of Ernie's bar. I don't drink and I would love visiting there. :)
As always, everyone raved about my butt (pulled pork for you folks with dirty minds) and our Pirates Bash was a great night. We had live entertainment from a two piece group called Delta Smoke and we featured rum drinks, adding 5 new ones to the repertoire. Here's a shot of me with 2 of my favorite bar wenches.View attachment 79594

Looking good Ernie. But why do I imagine you as a star on Duck Dynasty? Love the outfits.
I get that a lot. Or, ZZ Top or Oak Ridge Boys, Alabama or someone from a TV show about moonshiners. I'm unconventional, I guess; always have been, but people do remember me.
Looks like you need a shave........ :eusa_whistle:

(Hopefully that was a different approach....... :D )

I know I am probably beating a dead horse here, all I know is you will probably never have a more moist cake than this. Minds are like Banks they are not worth a damn, unless they are open. Like the ole alka seltzer commercial says "Try It, You'll Like It". :biggrin:

exps172_MBM1450751D45D.jpg

Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake Recipe photo by Taste of Home

Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake Recipe

Mom always made this special cake for my birthday meal. It's very moist and has a nice, light chocolate taste, and the flavorful frosting is the perfect topping. — Deborah Amrine, Grand Haven, Michigan

TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
MAKES: 9-12 servings
Ingredients

• 1 cup water
    • 1 cup mayonnaise
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 2 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1 cup sugar
    • 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
    • 2 teaspoons baking soda
    • BROWN SUGAR FROSTING:
    • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    • 1/4 cup butter, cubed
    • 2 tablespoons milk
    • 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions

• In a large bowl, combine the water, mayonnaise and vanilla until well blended. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa and baking soda; gradually beat into mayonnaise mixture until blended.
    • Pour into greased 9-in. square or 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
    • For frosting, in a small saucepan. Cook and stir brown sugar in butter until bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in milk. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Frost cake. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p37

Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake

I never liked Miracle Whip, but kind of figured out what it's for when I made broccoli-grape salad and the dressing was mayo, vinegar and sugar. Sweet and a little tangy at the same time.

What is a pirate's favorite letter? Arrrrrrr. :p

I think I could sit and eat an entire ice cream cake. I'd feel like crap after, but the good ones are so yummy!

I can take a little, little piece. I am not a fan of the super sweet. And i will require black coffee with it to offset the sugar overload.

I can live without cream/milk, but I always put sugar in my coffee! (when I actually drink it) :D

Cream and extra sugar for me! :D I drink coffee every morning. Usually just one medium ice coffee from DD, but some days I might have two.

I think I could sit and eat an entire ice cream cake. I'd feel like crap after, but the good ones are so yummy!

Love ice cream cake too. I like pies too.

very-hungry.gif
So how do you stay so skinny? It isn't fair you know.

Some of us are just naturally thin. :) I can't eat as much junk as I could when I was younger, though.

Reflux problems also help. I dropped some bad and potentially fattening things from my diet because of my reflux.

I stopped drinking soda (except for occasionally, maybe once every couple of weeks I'll have soda now). I don't get acid reflux, but I started drinking more water instead. I like ice coffee, ice tea and water the most in the summer weather. There is nothing better than working out, getting all sweaty, and then getting a nice ice cold water out of the fridge and chugging it. :D

If they stopped selling ketchup tomorrow, I'd probably go the rest of my life not noticing it.

I use ketchup on my fries and I use it on hamburgers or cheeseburgers. I also use it as a base for a lot of sauces, so I would miss it! :( Adding some ketchup makes for the BEST glaze on chicken thighs!

I know I am probably beating a dead horse here, all I know is you will probably never have a more moist cake than this. Minds are like Banks they are not worth a damn, unless they are open. Like the ole alka seltzer commercial says "Try It, You'll Like It". :biggrin:

exps172_MBM1450751D45D.jpg

Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake Recipe photo by Taste of Home

Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake Recipe

Mom always made this special cake for my birthday meal. It's very moist and has a nice, light chocolate taste, and the flavorful frosting is the perfect topping. — Deborah Amrine, Grand Haven, Michigan

TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
MAKES: 9-12 servings
Ingredients

• 1 cup water
    • 1 cup mayonnaise
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 2 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1 cup sugar
    • 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
    • 2 teaspoons baking soda
    • BROWN SUGAR FROSTING:
    • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    • 1/4 cup butter, cubed
    • 2 tablespoons milk
    • 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions

• In a large bowl, combine the water, mayonnaise and vanilla until well blended. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa and baking soda; gradually beat into mayonnaise mixture until blended.
    • Pour into greased 9-in. square or 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
    • For frosting, in a small saucepan. Cook and stir brown sugar in butter until bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in milk. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Frost cake. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p37

Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake

Oh, I can see how mayo would add moistness to a cake. Basically it is substituted for the eggs which makes perfect sense (since it is made from eggs). :)

When you said a mayonnaise cake earlier in the thread, I was thinking a mayonnaise FLAVORED cake. :lol: That's why I was like "ewww."

I like mayo or Miracle Whip, depending on what I'm eating. Sometimes I like that little tang that you get with Miracle Whip. For example, I like Miracle Whip on my BLT but I prefer mayo in tuna or egg salad.

Well I for one think you are adorable. :)

Love ice cream cake too. I like pies too.

very-hungry.gif
So how do you stay so skinny? It isn't fair you know.

Some of us are just naturally thin. :) I can't eat as much junk as I could when I was younger, though.

Reflux problems also help. I dropped some bad and potentially fattening things from my diet because of my reflux.

I stopped drinking soda (except for occasionally, maybe once every couple of weeks I'll have soda now). I don't get acid reflux, but I started drinking more water instead. I like ice coffee, ice tea and water the most in the summer weather. There is nothing better than working out, getting all sweaty, and then getting a nice ice cold water out of the fridge and chugging it. :D

And it is sooooo good for you. Caffeinated drinks act as mild diuretics which can interfere with or slow down good hydration. I definitely enjoy my morning coffee, and an occasional ice tea or a cup of hot tea, but like you a carbonated beverage is a rare guilty pleasure any more and I've cut way down on the tea and coffee.

I can take a little, little piece. I am not a fan of the super sweet. And i will require black coffee with it to offset the sugar overload.

I can live without cream/milk, but I always put sugar in my coffee! (when I actually drink it) :D

You shouldn't skip the cream/milk though because it really helps with the GERD.

I use creamer when I drink coffee, which isn't very often. I just meant that I don't mind coffee without cream, but I don't want it without sugar.

But those powdered creamers--almost all are made of high fructose corn syrup solids, hydrogenated vegetable oils, and a handful of stabilizing, emulsifying, and flavoring chemicals--practically nothing that would pass for food. And those chemicals can trigger GERD. If you use real cream or milk though, that will cut the acid in the coffee and make it much less likely to contribute to your GERD.

(Sorry. Stepping off soap box now.)

You shouldn't skip the cream/milk though because it really helps with the GERD.

I use creamer when I drink coffee, which isn't very often. I just meant that I don't mind coffee without cream, but I don't want it without sugar.

But those powdered creamers--almost all are made of high fructose corn syrup solids, hydrogenated vegetable oils, and a handful of stabilizing, emulsifying, and flavoring chemicals--practically nothing that would pass for food. And those chemicals can trigger GERD. If you use real cream or milk though, that will cut the acid in the coffee and make it much less likely to contribute to your GERD.

(Sorry. Stepping off soap box now.)

I think that, whatever I use, coffee is just no good for my reflux. :lol:

These days I very rarely drink coffee, once or twice a month is about it. I do drink tea constantly. It used to be decaf black tea, nowadays it's regular green tea. It's probably more caffeine than I should be getting, but less than black tea or coffee, and it hasn't seemed to cause me any trouble.

Forum List

Back