USMB Coffee Shop IV

Merry Christmas!

Chez boe is totally diggin' the Vince Guaraldi Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack this beautiful morning.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE
C0cbWKqUkAASUFE.jpg

Hope everyone's having a merry Christmas!!!

Started baking early, the wife's oatmeal-raisin cookies then I'll start on the Apple-Caramel Upside-down Cake. Once that's done I can go to work on dinner. :thup:

Went to Christmas Eve Mass tonight. It was beautifully decorated and the service was nice. Mrs. BBD does not appreciate advice on her driving. Now I shall be laying low until my doctors appointment on Monday. The Priest asked me what the other fellow looked like. He was surprised to hear a five pound cat kicked my butt...
Well you are just a dog after all....... :eusa_whistle:

:D

No point in sending a ten pound cat to do a five pound cat's job.

Highlights of round one Christmas 12/24:

Grandkids were all here! It is really nice to see my youngest stepgranddaughter enjoy my oldest granddaughter. Seeing the family as one is so special.

My oldest daughter seems so settled into her life and jumped right in to help with final food assembly.

The Colorado daughters are home, which is always so nice.

The girls got me a nice flannel shirt with a note they donated to an angel tree for a family in need. I have asked them to do that and the last two years they have. Hopefully taking care of others is a long term tradition of my family.

Learned how to play Catan. Three of the kids and I played until just short of midnight.

I think of BBD every time my ribs act up these days. When I am uncomfortable in bed I think of Gracie and Mr. G. Then I remember Foxfyre's prayer list there for all of us.

Good morning all. It warms my heart for so many to be checking in here this morning.

Hombre and I just finished our gift exchange--he got a new laptop computer, lap desk for the laptop computer, and wireless mouse. I got a wonderful juicer--the kind that gets ALL the goody out of fruits and veggies and a 27" monitor for my PC - WHEE!!!!!

No snow for us either but like Peach, we have snow on the mountain. We'll pick up Aunt Betty and go to my sister's for the Christmas family get together in the early afternoon.

I hope everybody has a wonderful day.

th
th

th

th

th

e5bc89ef3a9a27c31a1beb6e5eedfa00.jpg

MERRY-CHRISTMAS-AMERICA.jpg

Good morning and merry Christmas everyone!

Mrg is still asleep and I left to grab some coffee and a spot in the sun as I sip it. Karma is romping in the field, a butterfly came to greet me, birds are singing and it is a gorgeous day with no rain which is perfect. I have some interesting stories from last night I will share but not until later when my hands are more flexible...they have been a bit stiff lately and this keyboard is just too tiny.

Santa left a small colorful bag on the RV steps last night, so when mrg wakes up, we will see what he brought us[emoji4].

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

I keep hoping Ringel, playing the part of Scrooge, shows up at Gracie's with a large turkey. :(

Karma is of course, Tiny Tim.

The little one got a small bird from her grammy. The bird has been quiet and the little one was happy that when she let the bird out earlier, it stood on her arm and finger before it let her put it back in its cage. So, quiet and pleasant bird.

The little one is on her way to her dad's now, so of course the bird is beginning to chirp. I hope it's only a little bit and doesn't turn into a noisy mess, that's what I was concerned about when I found out she'd be getting a bird! :p

The little one got a small bird from her grammy. The bird has been quiet and the little one was happy that when she let the bird out earlier, it stood on her arm and finger before it let her put it back in its cage. So, quiet and pleasant bird.

The little one is on her way to her dad's now, so of course the bird is beginning to chirp. I hope it's only a little bit and doesn't turn into a noisy mess, that's what I was concerned about when I found out she'd be getting a bird! :p

The theory is that if you cover the cage over with a dark cloth, caged birds simply go to sleep.

Old people are funny when they start giving the bird.

Sorry Ringel, I couldn't wait for you to comment.

The cat has already knocked down the bird cage. She's lucky I didn't beat her. We're going to have to keep the little one's door closed all the time unless we can find somewhere to put the cage that the cat can't get to it.

People need to stop getting small prey pets for the little one while we have a cat.

I got a cute little denim dress that buttons up the front for Christmas. It's short sleeves but I can wear it with a sweater and tights for winter. I LOVE it. :)

Sounds nice! :)

Hubby got me a warm flannel ,western design shirt with long sleeves in a dark green plaid.
It goes with my eyes, he says. :)
It does too, I love it. :biggrin:
I'm a kind of friendly guy, at least at the bar and I suppose I have a rather unique look. Probably 2/3 of the women that come in want to play with my beard. I can't tell you how many of them have braided it and one even braided a gardenia into it one night. I really don't mind, but when I'm carrying the mop or 6 bottles of whiskey, I'd rather not stand there and have my face fondled. The adopted grand kids got me a tee shirt that reminds you of the Jack Nicholson scene from "Full Metal Jacket". The caption is, "You can't handle the beard."
AND, I got a box of high end cigars with an "I don't know if you like these". I reached in my shirt pocket and opened up my cigar bag containing 2 of the last 4 I had. PERFECT!
I'm home for the moment after stopping by Doc's to open up. I left 6 at the bar with a promise to bring the bartender a plate of holiday food,
In an hour, I'll be back at my partners' house for dinner.
Life is good!

I got a cute little denim dress that buttons up the front for Christmas. It's short sleeves but I can wear it with a sweater and tights for winter. I LOVE it. :)

Sounds nice! :)

Hubby got me a warm flannel ,western design shirt with long sleeves in a dark green plaid.
It goes with my eyes, he says. :)
It does too, I love it. :biggrin:
I'm a kind of friendly guy, at least at the bar and I suppose I have a rather unique look. Probably 2/3 of the women that come in want to play with my beard. I can't tell you how many of them have braided it and one even braided a gardenia into it one night. I really don't mind, but when I'm carrying the mop or 6 bottles of whiskey, I'd rather not stand there and have my face fondled. The adopted grand kids got me a tee shirt that reminds you of the Jack Nicholson scene from "Full Metal Jacket". The caption is, "You can't handle the beard."
AND, I got a box of high end cigars with an "I don't know if you like these". I reached in my shirt pocket and opened up my cigar bag containing 2 of the last 4 I had. PERFECT!
I'm home for the moment after stopping by Doc's to open up. I left 6 at the bar with a promise to bring the bartender a plate of holiday food,
In an hour, I'll be back at my partners' house for dinner.
Life is good!

That's from A Few Good Men. ;) Nicholson wasn't in Full Metal Jacket.

Hi everyone! :) Hope you all had a great Christmas day. I did. I had such a good time today over my auntie's house. I spent the day with my grandmother (even though she is kind of in and out of it, it was really nice to get to spend the day with her at "home" if you know what I mean.), my aunt and uncle, my two cousins and their husbands and 5 kids (between the two of them, one has 3 and one has 2), one set of their in-laws. Great day. I loved just watching the little ones (all under 4) and playing with them. The little ones really make the holidays special. :)

Forum List

Back