USMB Coffee Shop IV

I had Schwarzwälder Schinken on toast. :thup:

Sounds interesting... I'm eating simple chicken but dreaming about something more exotic :)

What is a simple chicken recipe in Russia? Here it would be:
- baked hen
- fried chicken
- rotisserie chicken
- grilled chicken
- bar-b-qued chicken

Just salt, pepper, and/or a sauce.

As for me, I have fried chicken. I've bought about 1 kg of freezed chicken parts and fried them at frying pan, using only about two spoons of vegetable oil (before the chicken would give own fat). Some salt and pepper - just as you want, after cooking. It's a "man" recipe, while my wife is busy Better result could be, if I use fresh meat and condiments, but shop with it is further and today I'm lazy :)

You don't bread the chicken when you fry it? I've never tried it any other way. Here fried chicken, at least the way I do it, is to dip the chicken pieces in milk--preferably half & half or evaporated milk--seasoned with salt and pepper, then roll it in seasoned flour or bread crumbs--I prefer flour actually--and then cook it until done in hot oil, lard, or shortening. Nothing really healthy about it and high calorie, but oh so good.
Probably shallow fried as opposed to deep fried, I do that all the time.
Rule of thumb: deep fried, shallow grave.

Happy Birthday Nosmo King

thHappyBirthday012.gif

I had a great birthday today. Rurning sixty was easier than I anticipated. I feel a safe if I turned sixty three years ago.

I got a drip irrigation system for the window box flowers this spring and a couple Amazon gift cards and a couple Home Depot gift cards. I'll buy a new garden hose and bags of potting soil at Home Depot and with the Amazon cards, I think I'll buy Mom's birthday gift next month.

Friday night I dreamed that I lost Daisy the Mutt in a city. You know how dreams work, I didn't know if I lost her in Pittsburgh or New York as both cities play interchangible roles in my dreams. I did find a white miniature poodle in my dream, but it was a male and spoke to me. Did I get some bad meat before I fell asleep, or was it the fact that on that particular evening Daisy was staying at Mom's and was not cuddled up next to me?

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
My brother is smoking up a pork shoulder even as I write this . It's time to get cleaned up and go over there for dinner!
I've smoked a lot of things in my life but never consider meat....... Rolling papers or pipe? :dunno:
Hukkah smoked frankfurters were a favorite around the dormitory at good ol' Ohio State!
Ohio State...... Figures....... :D
O-H

I-O
I thought it was oh wee oh.........

:dunno:

My brother is smoking up a pork shoulder even as I write this . It's time to get cleaned up and go over there for dinner!
I've smoked a lot of things in my life but never consider meat....... Rolling papers or pipe? :dunno:
Hukkah smoked frankfurters were a favorite around the dormitory at good ol' Ohio State!
O-H

I-O

Or-E-O. Oreo!

O-H

I-O

Or-E-O. Oreo!

And I've seen is spelled, oeo.........

Those who have been introduced to Lard, live a righteous life...

View attachment 109410

Now that chocolate, bacon, cheese, eggs and coffee are all back on the okay list, I'm just waiting for lard to be released from its 'unhealthy' status. There is just nothing else that works as well for biscuits, pie crust, or frying.

Forum List

Back