USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everybody. I slept in this morning and enjoyed it. But of course once I got up I was behind on my chores. But oh well. Another chilly but bright sunny day. Looks to be the same all over the west except for Washington State.

Deciding what to make for breakfast this morning. Or if I wait a bit we'll just have lunch. :)
I had Schwarzwälder Schinken on toast. :thup:

Ummm. . . .okay. (As if she had a clue what that is.)

We finally settled on a bowl of some healthy cereal full of dried fruit and nuts I picked up at the grocery store yesterday plus each had a HUGE juicy naval orange we found at Sprouts Farmers Market. So since Hombre was a good boy and had a healthy breakfast, I'll have to feed him something he loves tonight and that probably won't be quite as healthy.

Good morning everybody. I slept in this morning and enjoyed it. But of course once I got up I was behind on my chores. But oh well. Another chilly but bright sunny day. Looks to be the same all over the west except for Washington State.

Deciding what to make for breakfast this morning. Or if I wait a bit we'll just have lunch. :)

Sounds interesting... I'm eating simple chicken but dreaming about something more exotic :)

Sounds interesting... I'm eating simple chicken but dreaming about something more exotic :)

What is a simple chicken recipe in Russia? Here it would be:
- baked hen
- fried chicken
- rotisserie chicken
- grilled chicken
- bar-b-qued chicken

Just salt, pepper, and/or a sauce.

Mr. P is doing great on his exercising!
He just walk down to the next door neighbors house to vist.
Our houses are quite a bit apart, the equivalent of walking about four houses down in a reg. city block. :)

- baked hen
- fried chicken
- rotisserie chicken
- grilled chicken
- bar-b-qued chicken

As for me, I have fried chicken. I've bought about 1 kg of freezed chicken parts and fried them at frying pan, using only about two spoons of vegetable oil (before the chicken would give own fat). Some salt and pepper - just as you want, after cooking. It's a "man" recipe, while my wife is busy Better result could be, if I use fresh meat and condiments, but shop with it is further and today I'm lazy :)

My brother is smoking up a pork shoulder even as I write this . It's time to get cleaned up and go over there for dinner!

- baked hen
- fried chicken
- rotisserie chicken
- grilled chicken
- bar-b-qued chicken

As for me, I have fried chicken. I've bought about 1 kg of freezed chicken parts and fried them at frying pan, using only about two spoons of vegetable oil (before the chicken would give own fat). Some salt and pepper - just as you want, after cooking. It's a "man" recipe, while my wife is busy Better result could be, if I use fresh meat and condiments, but shop with it is further and today I'm lazy :)

You don't bread the chicken when you fry it? I've never tried it any other way. Here fried chicken, at least the way I do it, is to dip the chicken pieces in milk--preferably half & half or evaporated milk--seasoned with salt and pepper, then roll it in seasoned flour or bread crumbs--I prefer flour actually--and then cook it until done in hot oil, lard, or shortening. Nothing really healthy about it and high calorie, but oh so good.

I am feeling much better today. I don't feel like someone used my guts as a punching bag anymore. Whew!

Going to have a late lunch of scrambled eggs and half an orange and see how that processes. Waiting for mrg to get back from doing the laundry, then start The Godfather Trilogy.

Been semi emptying the RV of things we can do without for another week since next Sunday we will be at the motel until moving day...Which is a week from this wednesday. Yippee!

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Ummm. . . .okay. (As if she had a clue what that is.)

We finally settled on a bowl of some healthy cereal full of dried fruit and nuts I picked up at the grocery store yesterday plus each had a HUGE juicy naval orange we found at Sprouts Farmers Market. So since Hombre was a good boy and had a healthy breakfast, I'll have to feed him something he loves tonight and that probably won't be quite as healthy.
It's Black Forest Ham in the language from where it originated. :D

I miss eating ham. Makes my mouth drool. Alas....It has been years and it will never pass my lips again. Unless it it baby back ribs. Then fuck my guts! Gonna eat a wee bit!

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

- baked hen
- fried chicken
- rotisserie chicken
- grilled chicken
- bar-b-qued chicken

You don't bread the chicken when you fry it? I've never tried it any other way. Here fried chicken, at least the way I do it, is to dip the chicken pieces in milk--preferably half & half or evaporated milk--seasoned with salt and pepper, then roll it in seasoned flour or bread crumbs--I prefer flour actually--and then cook it until done in hot oil, lard, or shortening. Nothing really healthy about it and high calorie, but oh so good.
Probably shallow fried as opposed to deep fried, I do that all the time.

- baked hen
- fried chicken
- rotisserie chicken
- grilled chicken
- bar-b-qued chicken

Probably shallow fried as opposed to deep fried, I do that all the time.

I do it both ways. Back when I used to use more lard or shortening, it works better deep fried. But now that we try to use healthier oils--which probably will be shown to be less healthy after they complete the next study(ies)--shallow frying works better.

Those who have been introduced to Lard, live a righteous life...

upload_2017-1-29_17-54-4.png

I do it both ways. Back when I used to use more lard or shortening, it works better deep fried. But now that we try to use healthier oils--which probably will be shown to be less healthy after they complete the next study(ies)--shallow frying works better.

Foxy seeing how I don't know your age, but think you have seen a few winters let go once in awhile... Fry the oldman some tators in bacon grease and throw in some onion... You only go around once and I am sure sunflower seed will not extend longevity all that long...

Forum List

Back