USMB Coffee Shop IV

So happy things are improving for Ernie and want the same for Sherry's Mom and the Gracie's situation and wellness for Ringel and my thoughts are often with Mr & Mrs Peach. And thoughts also tonight for the people of Manchester in their terrible losses and all the terrible injuries.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Kat's sister,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Kat & Mr. Kat in transition,
Hossfly's knee surgery,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
The Ringels in difficult transition and wellness for Ringel,

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, SFC Ollie, AgainSheila, 007, and all others we hope will return.

Sunset over Manchester England
C_71_article_1470597_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

For dinner I just finished sweet and sour seafood combo over steamed rice.

it was a late dinner, like midrats (midnight rations -- a full cafeteria meal in the USN).

After I got home from work I collapsed into sleep while trying to watch the tv news.

Now I'm catching up on emails and getting ready to go back to bed.

Normally I don't eat this late but I was starving.

Always good to see you Chris. yiostheoy made me hungry and I would like GW's cauliflower alfredo recipe too.

I'm trying to think of a great dessert to serve our guests at 42 on Thursday.

Well Foxfyre this has always been a hit when ever it was served when I was around...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert Redford Dessert

"This is a creamy pudding-like pie. It has thick chocolate filling, thick cream cheese filling, a butter/nut crust, and is topped with whipped cream. Definitely not for those who are on a diet."

1 cup all-purpose flour

2/3 cup butter
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 cup white sugar

2 (8 ounce) containers frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 (5.1 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
3 cups milk
1/8 cup grated semisweet chocolate

Directions

Combine flour, butter, and chopped nuts. Press into the bottom of a 9 x 13 x 2 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.

Combine cream cheese, sugar, and 1 container of whipped topping until well mixed. Spread evenly over the cooled crust.

Mix pudding mixes and milk well until thick. Spread evenly over the cream cheese filling. Spread remaining container of whipped topping over the pudding layer. Sprinkle grated chocolate over the top.

Refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours before serving.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barbara Mandrell Dessert

1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
3 cups milk

Combine flour, butter. Press into the bottom of a 9 x 13 x 2 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.

Combine cream cheese, sugar, and 1 container of whipped topping until well mixed. Spread evenly over the cooled crust.

Mix pudding mixes and milk well until thick. Spread evenly over the cream cheese filling. Spread remaining container of whipped topping over the pudding layer. Sprinkle grated chocolate over the top.

The only difference between the recipes is that Robert Redford has nuts...
:bye1:

Well Foxfyre this has always been a hit when ever it was served when I was around...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert Redford Dessert

"This is a creamy pudding-like pie. It has thick chocolate filling, thick cream cheese filling, a butter/nut crust, and is topped with whipped cream. Definitely not for those who are on a diet."

1 cup all-purpose flour

2/3 cup butter
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup white sugar

3 cups milk

Directions

Combine flour, butter, and chopped nuts. Press into the bottom of a 9 x 13 x 2 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barbara Mandrell Dessert

1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
3 cups milk

Combine flour, butter. Press into the bottom of a 9 x 13 x 2 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.

The only difference between the recipes is that Robert Redford has nuts...
:bye1:

LOL. Actually it looks pretty good. You have tried it and give it a 5 star rating?

View attachment 128175

The best of tonight's photos. I hope for better, but the buggers mostly wait until dusk before showing up.
Awww factor high!
When I am close to a fox den around here, in the wild, they smell a bit like skunk. Do your foxes have any distinctive odor?

I have never got close enough to the foxes to smell them, for one thing I take all my photos through the glass of a closed window. All I know about them is they are riddled with fleas, as they keep scratching.

I will keep at it, fox spotting for the rest of the summer. Hoping that I will eventually get the perfect picture of the mother and cubs. I got some pretty good ones last year, but this year the foxes are not coming from next doors patio, they are coming from another garden over the back fence. So I do not see them much during the day. They mostly only make excursions into my garden at dusk, too late for good pictures.
Still, the photos you've been posting are primo! Momma seems to have your nummer, though, doesn't she?
Mama is giving him the evil eye for sure.
I wonder how momma fox knows exactly where to look?

I am in plain view looking down on the foxes from an upstairs window. The Adult foxes often spot me, but the cubs never seem to see me,

So do I....... Woke up feeling a little better this morning, no longer walking around in a fog but by midday the exhaustion and coughing returned. Slept for another hour or so but that only helped a little. Looking like we might have to bite the bullet and get some moving labor to load the trailer, at least with the really big and heavy stuff.

Fly me out and just tell me what you want scratched and dented. I'll move it.

LOL. Actually it looks pretty good. You have tried it and give it a 5 star rating?

Yes definitely... :thup::thup::thup::thup::thup: We used to have a little Country Store and Diner and served it in the Diner...

Then I am going to make it tonight and serve it tomorrow. I'll provide a full report. Thanks. :)

These last few days have been bad, coughing so bad anytime I recline that I can't lay down to sleep so I've taken to sleeping in my office chair sitting almost straight up. I'll sleep for a few hours, get up to drink some water then sit down and go back to sleep for an hour or two at a time. Slept in my chair half the night and most of the day, woke up actually feeling better so God willing this flu is starting to break.
Had to take the wife in for a crown this morning, she chipped a tooth while flossing of all things and she needs a new bite guard so $2300 later.........
I have to get better because the Pack Rat trailer shows up Wednesday and there's still lots to do even though the wife has stepped up and taken on most of the final packing that's left. We have until Tuesday because of the three day weekend to fill the trailer so that's a good thing, we'll also see if we can get some labor on Monday to finish loading the big and heavy items.
Damn! I hope things improve for you all soon...
So do I....... Woke up feeling a little better this morning, no longer walking around in a fog but by midday the exhaustion and coughing returned. Slept for another hour or so but that only helped a little. Looking like we might have to bite the bullet and get some moving labor to load the trailer, at least with the really big and heavy stuff.
Tough, admitting we are no longer the robust, strong creatures we once were. I've taken to acquiring heavy equipment lately to help with the chores. That JD 410 is a godsend.
Still, hope the move goes as smoothly as possible for you and Mrs. R.

I tried some new recipes this weekend and the best was a cauliflower Alfredo. Delicious!
ok. Spill the recipe to us!!!!
OK, here goes:
Trim one head of cauliflower
Add one can of chicken stock to the cauliflower and cook until the cauliflower is fork tender
Using an immersible blender, thoroughly blend the cauliflower in the stock until it it completely blended
Add some garlic powder, a splash of cream (optional), and about a 1/4 cup parmesan cheese blended with a couple of tbls almond flour
Heat until blended, add pepper to taste.
This was as tasty as "regular" Alfredo. I served mine with zucchini "pasta".

View attachment 128175

The best of tonight's photos. I hope for better, but the buggers mostly wait until dusk before showing up.
Awww factor high!
When I am close to a fox den around here, in the wild, they smell a bit like skunk. Do your foxes have any distinctive odor?

I have never got close enough to the foxes to smell them, for one thing I take all my photos through the glass of a closed window. All I know about them is they are riddled with fleas, as they keep scratching.
Not surprising, the fleas. They do have a distinctive odor, and since we don't have skunks here, I recognize the fox smell. Bears also have a distinctive odor, one I pay attention to if I smell it, I assure you. I don't suppose you have bears there?

These last few days have been bad, coughing so bad anytime I recline that I can't lay down to sleep so I've taken to sleeping in my office chair sitting almost straight up. I'll sleep for a few hours, get up to drink some water then sit down and go back to sleep for an hour or two at a time. Slept in my chair half the night and most of the day, woke up actually feeling better so God willing this flu is starting to break.
Had to take the wife in for a crown this morning, she chipped a tooth while flossing of all things and she needs a new bite guard so $2300 later.........
I have to get better because the Pack Rat trailer shows up Wednesday and there's still lots to do even though the wife has stepped up and taken on most of the final packing that's left. We have until Tuesday because of the three day weekend to fill the trailer so that's a good thing, we'll also see if we can get some labor on Monday to finish loading the big and heavy items.
Damn! I hope things improve for you all soon...
Tough, admitting we are no longer the robust, strong creatures we once were. I've taken to acquiring heavy equipment lately to help with the chores. That JD 410 is a godsend.
Still, hope the move goes as smoothly as possible for you and Mrs. R.
Tomorrow we have some moving specific labor showing up and I hope they get most done. I'll also have to have them come back on Sunday or Monday to finish up.

Forum List

Back