USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well what I feared has happened.
Complications after a big illness.
This morning Hubbie had to go to the Benson hospital.
They think he has a blood clot from the scan they did and they sent him to Tucson Medical Center for more tests.
He will be there for at least a couple of days if not longer.

He said he was coming back home and he felt like he was moving through clear jelly and felt paralyzed.
He pulled the bike into the comfort inn near the office and they called the ambulance.
He called me from the hospital, so I took the neighbor in and he brought the bike back.

Every single time he has big time health problems , other complications kick in after he just starts to get well.
Combined with His M. S. and other health problems his body over produces white cells that go on the attack big time and lots of things can and do go haywire from that.
Put him in your prayers for us.

I think I'm really tired, because I'm thinking I should say at the end, over and out, instead of Thank You.
Geez.....:)
Like I'm on an old time radio cb or something.
Yeah I'm definitely exhausted. :biggrin:
Just now saw this, Peach.
Prayers are with you and yours.

Hey 007 - Hope you have a great trip to Montana. I really enjoyed it out there when I went last year. You're a veteran so be sure to stop at Wall Drug in Wall, SD and get your free donut and a cup of coffee. When you get into Montana, if you're going to be camping there is an excellent campground in Garryowen called 7th Ranch RV Camp. It's right beside the Custer Battlefield. The little restaurant beside the battlefield has EXCELLENT fry bread. Have a great trip.
I'm going to peel out here at the crack of dawn Saturday morning and drive 'til I get to Wall, S.D. I'll check that free donut and cup'a joe out. Going to stay at the motel in town by my sister. Don't have a camper... yet. But that is why I bought the big black 2015 2500HD Chevy, going to find a nice 5th wheel. I'll shoot straight for the sister's place on the way out, but on the way back I'm going to play a little bit. I do plan on stopping at Custer's Last Stand. I was there decades ago, I think I wasn't even a teenager yet, so now after all these years and reading so much about it, I want to see it again. Same with Deadwood. Going to stop there again and check out Hickoks grave and the Number 10 saloon where he was shot. Should be a fun time. I'll take lots of pics. Got a good AF buddy going to come over to MT for a couple days too, haven't seen him for 30 years.
Yes! Take lots of pics cuz we wanna see!

Third morning in a row we have thick fog here. That's going to not be good. These little country highways aren't the safest thing to drive when the fog is so thick you can cut it with a knife. I'll have to wait until the fog starts to thin at least. It's 650 miles from here to Wall, S.D., and even at 75 miles an hour once I hit the interstate, that's a good 9 hour drive, so if I have to wait for fog, it'll be evening before I hit Wall. I'd like to take off super early like before it even gets light. Will have to see how it goes.

So Save you think he should give up something that he's enjoyed his whole life because the Veterans Administration messed up on his medication?

I don't think so.
By the way Mr P is a very good driver.
This should have never happened in the first place. :(

What Ringel said.

Because of working in hospitals so many years, I am wary of motorcycles and other transportation of that type, even as I have many people in my life who I love dearly who love them like Mr. P does not counting our Coffee Shop bikers. On hearing of the fractured ankle my first thought too was that it was time to retire the bike, but we aren't you, we aren't him, and those notions and accompanying advice across the miles will sometimes not fit the actual issue at all. But it will be well intended just the same.

But no, none of us should have to stop doing what we love until it is important that we do.
Few people who have ridden motorcycles as long as Mr. P and I have escaped without an injury. It's the price we pay for doing something we feel we were put on this earth to do.
In 50 years of riding, I have been in around 10 accidents. I've broken both feet and gotten a few bruises. Of the 10, 3 have been caused by my negligence or outright stupidity, but the rest were due to the actions of either car drivers or in one case, a small child on a bicycle.
Simply put, I ride a motorcycle. It's who I am and what I will be until I die.
I fully understand Mr and Mrs. P's position here and would love to ride with them.

On that note, I haven't been able to ride Mighty Whitey for 6 months. Friday, I will order a front tire and a battery and be back in the wind next week!

I rode motorcycles from the 1960s to the 1990s. I then gave up work and did not need transport. I also had no money so could not afford a bike just for joy riding. I never had a serious accident, but I nearly got killed a couple of times. One time I overtook a lorry in the face of an oncoming bus. It was a split second choice that nearly killed me because I only just scraped past the lorry with a few feet to spare, and I could see the whites of the bus drivers eyes as I swerved to get out of the way.

Third morning in a row we have thick fog here. That's going to not be good. These little country highways aren't the safest thing to drive when the fog is so thick you can cut it with a knife. I'll have to wait until the fog starts to thin at least. It's 650 miles from here to Wall, S.D., and even at 75 miles an hour once I hit the interstate, that's a good 9 hour drive, so if I have to wait for fog, it'll be evening before I hit Wall. I'd like to take off super early like before it even gets light. Will have to see how it goes.

Better safe than sorry for sure. I have done my share of driving in heavy fog and it is white knuckle driving for sure.

Better safe than sorry for sure. I have done my share of driving in heavy fog and it is white knuckle driving for sure.
HATE fog on a motorcycle, your glasses fog, windshield fogs up, you fog up. You start to shiver. You're worried about rear-ending some fool running with no headlights ahead of you, and very worried about being rear-ended by the truck driver who's well past the end of his attention span.

Yeah I'm not going to push it. I decided to leave a day early and make two stops going out instead of one. I can relax and not have to drive so far each day, and I can leave after the fog burns off. I'll get to my sister's place rested up and ready to go.

DIgtMHHVAAA6hG6.jpg

No fog this morning. Hopefully none tomorrow. By this time I'll probably already be in MN rocketing down the interstate.

Be careful out on the road. There are a lot of nitwits out there who have no idea how to drive. Lol.

HATE fog on a motorcycle, your glasses fog, windshield fogs up, you fog up. You start to shiver. You're worried about rear-ending some fool running with no headlights ahead of you, and very worried about being rear-ended by the truck driver who's well past the end of his attention span.

I would definitely be at least nervous about having to trust other drivers if I was riding a motorcycle.

So Save you think he should give up something that he's enjoyed his whole life because the Veterans Administration messed up on his medication?

I don't think so.

I admit I am not a motorcycle rider, so my opinion is quite different from what others may think. Sorry my prior comment was offensive. That was not the intention.

I'll forgive you, if you forgive me. :smiliehug:

When papa grizzly is injured mama grizzly takes over. :biggrin:

Of course those who don't ride all their lives would not understand.

We got the can am so that it gave him inspiration to go into town everyday and walk for exercising. He would never drive it in Tucson.
The can am is more like a cageless car with a reverse trike design.
Mr. P blames his injury on himself because he tried to get off like it's a motorcycle.
He is still able to drive it safely, the controls are all in the handlebars with the radio and computer in the panel.
Everyone who lives around here pretty much rides a cycle because of our many sunshine days and usually no snow.

Mr. P stared riding when he was 10 years old and has had 4 accidents.
2 weren't his fault and 2 were.
Neither one of us has ever had a serious injury since we have been riding

My worst injury was road rash.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

I would definitely be at least nervous about having to trust other drivers if I was riding a motorcycle.
You trust other drivers when you're in a car?

I don't think so.

I admit I am not a motorcycle rider, so my opinion is quite different from what others may think. Sorry my prior comment was offensive. That was not the intention.

I'll forgive you, if you forgive me. :smiliehug:

When papa grizzly is injured mama grizzly takes over. :biggrin:

Of course those who don't ride all their lives would not understand.

We got the can am so that it gave him inspiration to go into town everyday and walk for exercising. He would never drive it in Tucson.
The can am is more like a cageless car with a reverse trike design.
Mr. P blames his injury on himself because he tried to get off like it's a motorcycle.
He is still able to drive it safely, the controls are all in the handlebars with the radio and computer readings in the panel.
Everyone who lives around here pretty much rides a cycle because of our many sunshine days and usually no snow.

Mr. P stared riding when he was 10 years old and has had 4 accidents.
2 weren't his fault and 2 were.
Neither one of us has ever had a serious injury since we have been riding

My worst injury was road rash.
When he is no longer able to ride safely he will retire himself. :)
For right now he is doing fine, if the drugs had not conflicted with each other. :)

Well, no, but it is much more scary on a motorcycle. I've never driven one but I have been ridden on them before, and it is kind of scary to say the least. I remember my first time on a bike, and I didn't realize that you have to lean INTO the turn. It was my natural instinct to try to move away from the concrete coming at my face. :D

Mr. P got home from the hospital around 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday night.
He has the same cast like Ernie had.
Man that thing is heavy. I have to help him lift his foot in order to get him into the bed at night.
I've been pretty busy with things till now.
I got the bike to the shop and is in the processes of being fixed.
Someone else in town has another car insurance and they said that their 1-800 rode side service sucked too.
We won't use them any longer. It's rare when we need it ,but we will use our own service from now on and our insurance can mail us the payment.

Well, no, but it is much more scary on a motorcycle. I've never driven one but I have been ridden on them before, and it is kind of scary to say the least. I remember my first time on a bike, and I didn't realize that you have to lean INTO the turn. It was my natural instinct to try to move away from the concrete coming at my face. :D
That was supposed to be a funny......... As well as a statement....... :D

It was scary my 1st time too.
I was thirteen. :)
I've been on them so long now ,that I can fall asleep on the drivers back while riding on a tour bike harley for long distances. Say 450 to 500 mile streaches.
If course the diver has to prove how well he drives (like hubby),before I would ever do that.

Oh bless you my child. I did the exact same thing many years ago when Hombre took me for a ride on a motorcycle. He is still talking about it. :)

Forum List

Back