USMB Coffee Shop IV

yzgy0.jpg

Well what I feared has happened.
Complications after a big illness.
This morning Hubbie had to go to the Benson hospital.
They think he has a blood clot from the scan they did and they sent him to Tucson Medical Center for more tests.
He will be there for at least a couple of days if not longer.

He said he was coming back home and he felt like he was moving through clear jelly and felt paralyzed.
He pulled the bike into the comfort inn near the office and they called the ambulance.
He called me from the hospital, so I took the neighbor in and he brought the bike back.

Every single time he has big time health problems , other complications kick in after he just starts to get well.
Combined with His M. S. and other health problems his body over produces white cells that go on the attack big time and lots of things can and do go haywire from that.
Put him in your prayers for us.

I think I'm really tired, because I'm thinking I should say at the end, over and out, instead of Thank You.
Geez.....:)
Like I'm on an old time radio cb or something.
Yeah I'm definitely exhausted. :biggrin:

They think he has a blood clot from the scan they did and they sent him to Tucson Medical Center for more tests.

He said he was coming back home and he felt like he was moving through clear jelly and felt paralyzed.
He pulled the bike into the comfort inn near the office and they called the ambulance.
He called me from the hospital, so I took the neighbor in and he brought the bike back.

Every single time he has big time health problems , other complications kick in after he just starts to get well.
Combined with His M. S. and other health problems his body over produces white cells that go on the attack big time and lots of things can and do go haywire from that.

I think I'm really tired, because I'm thinking I should say at the end, over and out, instead of Thank You.

I'm sorry to hear that, peach. Hopefully they can remove/destroy the clot and that will be the end of any secondary issues.

I'm praying for you both, Angel.

I'll keep you and him in my thoughts.

Oh Peach. We will definitely have you and hubby in our prayers and positive vibes tonight and pray that this is a minor and short term setback.

Special prayers, thoughts, positive vibes for the folks on the Gulf Coast dealing with the damage and torrential rains from the hurricane.

Good night darlinks, I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Hossfly's knee rehab,
007's brother-in-law for a full recovery,
Saveliberty in difficult transition, his daughter, and for his brother-in-law and family,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, , SFC Ollie, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

storm.jpg_1718483346.jpg

Good morning everybody. Beautiful day so far here. We are taking Hombre's twin sis up to the fishing cabin in the Pecos wilderness near Cowles NM today--about 1-1/2 hours from here--her daughter and son-in-law and a friend are there--they were here Thursday and Friday. We'll have lunch and then home by mid to late afternoon. Then we pick up my aunt's Shih tzu to stay with us for a couple of days while she has her house recarpeted. And then hopefully a blessed two or three days of nothing.

I need a bit of nothing right now.

Positive thoughts heading your way!

155323af3bc55643b00ff1a3f6d4e902--get-well-soon-ecard-heart-of-gold.jpg

So, Just skyped with my Ma and she said that they brought the BIL home yesterday afternoon, so apparently he's at least out of danger, or at least well enough that the clinic there in town could handle any emergency. Whatever the case, good news. I imagine he's on the Warfarin or Eliquis now, and probably will be for the rest of his life. Really glad he's home, and by this time next week, I'll be on the road expecting to pull into my sister's place by early evening.

So happy for good news 007!! Let's keep him on the list until you report in from Montana. Can you take I-90 most of the way?
Yup... I'll be on I-90 straight across 'til I hit Bozeman, then I take a back way over to Sheridan. I like to go through Ennis and Virginia City.

I'll be making a couple stops on the way back like Custer's Last Stand and Deadwood, probably stay the night in the "haunted" Bullock Hotel in Deadwood... :eusa_shifty: I visited Hickoks grave long ago and would like to see that again, and I don't recall seeing the room and table where he was shoot. Have to see that.

So, Just skyped with my Ma and she said that they brought the BIL home yesterday afternoon, so apparently he's at least out of danger, or at least well enough that the clinic there in town could handle any emergency. Whatever the case, good news. I imagine he's on the Warfarin or Eliquis now, and probably will be for the rest of his life. Really glad he's home, and by this time next week, I'll be on the road expecting to pull into my sister's place by early evening.

So happy for good news 007!! Let's keep him on the list until you report in from Montana. Can you take I-90 most of the way?
Yup... I'll be on I-90 straight across 'til I hit Bozeman, then I take a back way over to Sheridan. I like to go through Ennis and Virginia City.

I'll be making a couple stops on the way back like Custer's Last Stand and Deadwood, probably stay the night in the "haunted" Bullock Hotel in Deadwood... :eusa_shifty: I visited Hickoks grave long ago and would like to see that again, and I don't recall seeing the room and table where he was shoot. Have to see that.

Hope you have a good trip in spite of the circumstances. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Got back from TMC hospital
They said his old meds from the VA should have been cancelled , because they are conflicting with the new meds. They didn't do that when he saw them in late June.
He also fractured his right ankle.
He said he felt dizzy and was going to the hospital, when he had to pull over.
He said the bike spun in the lose dirt and hit a sign pole on the right hand side of the bike in front of the hotel.
He's going to be at the hospital in Tucson for a few days at least.
Best news, it wasn't a blood clot.
Bad news the bike needs to have some new panels replaced.
It's getting towed this afternoon to the shop in Sierra Visa.

They said his old meds from the VA should have been cancelled , because they are conflicting with the new meds. They didn't do that when he saw them in late June.
He said the bike spun in the lose dirt and hit a sign pole on the right hand side of the bike in front of the hotel.

They need to be more observant about medications!

The little one is getting a list of vocabulary words/phrases each week with her homework. She is supposed to study them for a test each Friday. That's pretty normal for a third grade class. However, this week she has what seem like overly difficult words or definitions to me. The worst of the lot is schema, with a given definition of: "An underlying organizational pattern or structure; conceptual framework." That seems like very high level vocabulary for a third grade classroom! I spent a while just trying to define words in the definition for the little one today.

Well correcting the med screw up sounds better than dealing with blood clots, but that makes me angry anyway. Shouldn't happen. And geez, he didn't need a fractured ankle. But you take care of you too Peach. You sure don't need a stress related medical mess on top of everything else.

The little one is getting a list of vocabulary words/phrases each week with her homework. She is supposed to study them for a test each Friday. That's pretty normal for a third grade class. However, this week she has what seem like overly difficult words or definitions to me. The worst of the lot is schema, with a given definition of: "An underlying organizational pattern or structure; conceptual framework." That seems like very high level vocabulary for a third grade classroom! I spent a while just trying to define words in the definition for the little one today.

That DOES sound advanced for a third grader. That sounds advanced for a college freshman. How many third graders will ever need to use schema in everybody conversation or in writing? And the definition is just as bad. :( I have done and still do a fair amount of academic and technical writing in my day, and I can't remember ever using the word schema.

Forum List

Back