USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hi, all!!!

Who's already started to watch 7th season of "Game of Thrones"? How many series? :)))

I want to perform small investigation. Heroes in this movie speak with different accent, and which associations you, native Americans, have, hearing speech of every hero? I need to know it to discuss on another forum... My opponent says, accents of heroes are mapping on Britain territory and culture and people from US couldn't have any local associations with them - is he right or wrong? And, for example, did the Tywin Lannister associated with Churchill or another Britain gentlemen, or maybe you have another associations?

I tried watching Game of Thrones once when we had free HBO for a week--tried two or three different episodes but just too dark and violent for me. I know a lot of folks who are real fans though.

Hi, all!!!

Who's already started to watch 7th season of "Game of Thrones"? How many series? :)))

I want to perform small investigation. Heroes in this movie speak with different accent, and which associations you, native Americans, have, hearing speech of every hero? I need to know it to discuss on another forum... My opponent says, accents of heroes are mapping on Britain territory and culture and people from US couldn't have any local associations with them - is he right or wrong? And, for example, did the Tywin Lannister associated with Churchill or another Britain gentlemen, or maybe you have another associations?

I tried watching Game of Thrones once when we had free HBO for a week--tried two or three different episodes but just too dark and violent for me. I know a lot of folks who are real fans though.
Dark and violent? Why haven't I watched any of it? Oh yeah, I rarely watch TV that's why. Never mind........ :D

Yup, as I suspected, the hard drive in the wife's old laptop is slowly dying, just ordered a new one. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a new or refurbished laptop heck it's not a matter of if it fails, it's a matter of when it fails. BTW, laptop hard drives are notoriously short lived, anything over 5 years is considered very good, anything longer is considered amazingly good.
(Very good reason to always back up your files and anything else you want to keep)

Hi, all!!!

Dark and violent? Why haven't I watched any of it? Oh yeah, I rarely watch TV that's why. Never mind........ :D

I never use TV to watch films for many years :) It's a crazy, but I use TV usually one-two hours at Saturday to watch some rare patriotic PROPAGANDA, because they're at least positive and close to truthful!!! All other TV in Russia is occupied by social group of "creative elites", stupid, lazy and depressive and have no relations to reality and using a swarm of stupid stamps to produce monotonous content...
God bless to inventor of Internet! :)

Foxfyre , you can take me off the list since I had the bandage and dressing taken off my knee this afternoon. 30 staples were removed, the wound cleaned up and smeared with Vitamin E oil. I still have 2 weeks of in-home therapy and 2 weeks of outpatient therapy. I'm way ahead of schedule with therapy and I hope they will cancel the outpatient therapy. Don't want to add more cost for Obamacare. My thanks to everyone for the well wishes and kind thoughts. Mrs. Hoss took the photo and the healing looks pretty good.

Caution: Graphic photo of a naked knee.

View attachment 145865

Can't image what you've been through. Hope the healing goes okay Hoss.

Foxfyre , you can take me off the list since I had the bandage and dressing taken off my knee this afternoon. 30 staples were removed, the wound cleaned up and smeared with Vitamin E oil. I still have 2 weeks of in-home therapy and 2 weeks of outpatient therapy. I'm way ahead of schedule with therapy and I hope they will cancel the outpatient therapy. Don't want to add more cost for Obamacare. My thanks to everyone for the well wishes and kind thoughts. Mrs. Hoss took the photo and the healing looks pretty good.

Caution: Graphic photo of a naked knee.

View attachment 145865

Hossfly I am happy to see you doing so well! Please wait a little longer for Foxfyre to take you off the list. My brother had knee replacement a few years back, and he was doing well. All of a sudden he ended up with MRSA and that was bad bad. I won't go into details.

Special prayers, thoughts, positive vibes for the folks on the Gulf Coast dealing with the hurricane.

Good night darlinks, I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
007's brother-in-law for a full recovery,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, , SFC Ollie, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

5218816759_1e15747a2f_b.jpg

Special prayers, thoughts, positive vibes for the folks on the Gulf Coast dealing with the hurricane.

Good night darlinks, I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
007's brother-in-law for a full recovery,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, , SFC Ollie, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

5218816759_1e15747a2f_b.jpg

Yikes! But that is gorgeous.

Yup, as I suspected, the hard drive in the wife's old laptop is slowly dying, just ordered a new one. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a new or refurbished laptop heck it's not a matter of if it fails, it's a matter of when it fails. BTW, laptop hard drives are notoriously short lived, anything over 5 years is considered very good, anything longer is considered amazingly good.
(Very good reason to always back up your files and anything else you want to keep)

The laptop I use as basically a media center for my TV is at least 7 years old. It doesn't usually get all-day use, though......although when it was newer, it was used for some gaming. I'm glad the HD has lasted. :)

God bless to inventor of Internet! :)

U.S. Military Industrial Complex and a few pinheads from the Ivy league Shuffle Board team...

Okay boys, now I am giggling but trying to figure out if that is a political post and therefore illegal in the Coffee Shop. :)

If the war just a case of politic situation, Military Complex is another bucket of politicians, so, you could be right in this case :))))

The laptop I use as basically a media center for my TV is at least 7 years old. It doesn't usually get all-day use, though......although when it was newer, it was used for some gaming. I'm glad the HD has lasted. :)
I forgot to mention "under normal daily usage". Unless you have a SSD (solid state drive) those are near bullet proof.

So, Just skyped with my Ma and she said that they brought the BIL home yesterday afternoon, so apparently he's at least out of danger, or at least well enough that the clinic there in town could handle any emergency. Whatever the case, good news. I imagine he's on the Warfarin or Eliquis now, and probably will be for the rest of his life. Really glad he's home, and by this time next week, I'll be on the road expecting to pull into my sister's place by early evening.

We have an old Sony laptop, my first and used heavily in my work for several years and is now used as a gaming computer for guests. It is so old I had to have a big clunky device installed on the side to get ethernet internet. It could not accept a wifi card at all. But it still boots up fast and is going strong.

We have an old Sony laptop, my first and used heavily in my work for several years and is now used as a gaming computer for guests. It is so old I had to have a big clunky device installed on the side to get ethernet internet. It could not accept a wifi card at all. But it still boots up fast and is going strong.
I was referring to hard drive failure over all, there are exceptions to almost every rule, you're one of the lucky ones. :thup:

So, Just skyped with my Ma and she said that they brought the BIL home yesterday afternoon, so apparently he's at least out of danger, or at least well enough that the clinic there in town could handle any emergency. Whatever the case, good news. I imagine he's on the Warfarin or Eliquis now, and probably will be for the rest of his life. Really glad he's home, and by this time next week, I'll be on the road expecting to pull into my sister's place by early evening.

So happy for good news 007!! Let's keep him on the list until you report in from Montana. Can you take I-90 most of the way?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Oh boy, busy week ahead. By the end of Monday I hope to be on the receiving end of a phone call stating I have a job with the USPS. Mrs. Liberty's brother Ed is entering Hospice, while at the same time we await a call that my oldest daughter needs us to help while they deliver our newest grandkid Warren. Also have the contract and payment to start a big landscape project.

Oh boy, busy week ahead. By the end of Monday I hope to be on the receiving end of a phone call stating I have a job with the USPS. Mrs. Liberty's brother Ed is entering Hospice, while at the same time we await a call that my oldest daughter needs us to help while they deliver our newest grandkid Warren. Also have the contract and payment to start a big landscape project.

Sending supporting prayers on all sides Save and onto the vigil list you and yours go.

Forum List

Back