USMB Coffee Shop IV

I went to see the ruins in Arizona once, when hubby took me to the rez to meet some of his family. We went up to Jerome too. Quaint town. Loved wandering around the rez as well...found a few shells with holes in them that were used as jewelry and when I showed hubbys uncle, he said lots of those were just laying around. I asked if I could keep them and he said sure. :)

Went to the Camp Verde Cliff Dwellings too. Fascinating. But that was years and years ago.

Good morning coffee shoppers! Wow! It was a wet and wild night last night with high winds, heavy rain, downed trees, power outages. I lost my power late last night (or early this morning to be exact), but when I woke up this morning, it was back on thankfully.

Whoa, I had been reading off and on that you guys were braced for big storms and then you got pretty much. So I didn't see anything headed your way recently and you get one. Complete with funnel clouds and tornado warnings. Isn't weather prediction wonderful?

I went to see the ruins in Arizona once, when hubby took me to the rez to meet some of his family. We went up to Jerome too. Quaint town. Loved wandering around the rez as well...found a few shells with holes in them that were used as jewelry and when I showed hubbys uncle, he said lots of those were just laying around. I asked if I could keep them and he said sure. :)

Went to the Camp Verde Cliff Dwellings too. Fascinating. But that was years and years ago.

I think you probably mean Mesa Verde, but yes, that too is a fascinating place.

Good morning coffee shoppers! Wow! It was a wet and wild night last night with high winds, heavy rain, downed trees, power outages. I lost my power late last night (or early this morning to be exact), but when I woke up this morning, it was back on thankfully.

Whoa, I had been reading off and on that you guys were braced for big storms and then you got pretty much. So I didn't see anything headed your way recently and you get one. Complete with funnel clouds and tornado warnings. Isn't weather prediction wonderful?

No tornadoes here that I'm aware of, but the wind was howling last night and we got tons of rain. Still kind of hazy and overcast today.

No tornadoes here that I'm aware of, but the wind was howling last night and we got tons of rain. Still kind of hazy and overcast today.

You may not be entirely out of it yet according to Accuweather, but it is gradually pulling out of your area. Thousands of you without power.

Here it is calm, bright blue skies and sunny and a fallish 45 degrees at our house this hour, but supposed to start getting some clouds and possibly some welcome moisture later today and tomorrow. At least allergy season here is coming to a close with pollen levels falling off sharply.

The ballgame finally ended when with two outs and and two strikes in the bottom of the 10th last night--Houston with a base hit got our own Albuquerque bred Bregman home from 2nd base for the 13th run. Final score 13/12 Houston. They now go to game 6 in L.A. tomorrow night with Houston having the advantage. I normally think baseball is sort of like watching paint dry though I like the concept of the culture, but this World Series has been hugely entertaining.

You may not be entirely out of it yet according to Accuweather, but it is gradually pulling out of your area. Thousands of you without power.

Here it is calm, bright blue skies and sunny and a fallish 45 degrees at our house this hour, but supposed to start getting some clouds and possibly some welcome moisture later today and tomorrow. At least allergy season here is coming to a close with pollen levels falling off sharply.

My plants could really use some sun!

Well sun is something we rarely lack here.

Our official State Song starts out:

"Under a sky of azure,
where balmy breezes blow,
kissed by the golden sunshine,
is Nuevo Mejico. . ."

"Under a sky of azure,
is Nuevo Mejico. . ."
Here in Ohio we have an official state rock&roll song. We host the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame after all.

"Sloopy lives in a very bad part of town
And everybody yeah, tries to put my sloopy down
Well Sloopy I don't care what your daddy do
Cause' you know Sloopy girl I'm in love with you
And so I say now"

Inspiring!

"Under a sky of azure,
is Nuevo Mejico. . ."
Here in Ohio we have an official state rock&roll song. We host the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame after all.

And so I say now"

Inspiring!

Phenomenal! Bravo!

And so I say now"

Inspiring!

51a7a1c206c0662103021c9f4b98533b.jpg

Here is the Massachusetts state song.

All hail to Massachusetts, the land of the free and the brave!
For Bunker Hill and Charlestown, and flag we love to wave;
For Lexington and Concord, and the shot heard 'round the world;
All hail to Massachusetts, we'll keep her flag unfurled.
She stands upright for freedom's light that shines from sea to sea;
All hail to Massachusetts! Our country 'tis of thee!

All hail to grand old Bay State, the home of the bean and the cod,
Where pilgrims found a landing and gave their thanks to God.
A land of opportunity in the good old U.S.A.
Where men live long and prosper, and people come to stay.
Don't sell her short but learn to court her industry and stride;
All hail to grand old Bay State! The land of pilgrim's pride!

All hail to Massachusetts, renowned in the Hall of Fame!
How proudly wave her banners emblazoned with her name!
In unity and brotherhood, sons and daughters go hand in hand;
All hail to Massachusetts, there is no finer land!
It's M-A-S-S-A-C-H-U-S-E-T-T-S.
All hail to Massachusetts! All hail! All hail! All hail!

Good night darlinks, I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness
Saveliberty for positive resolution for difficult transition,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Saveliberty's brother-in-law,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, Esthermoon, Dalia, SFC Ollie, gallantwarrior and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Autumn in Alaska
mota_ru_0080608.jpg

Happy Halloween! The day dawned bright and, well for the Crotch of the Tri-State Area, partly sunny. But the thermometer shows it is only 39 degrees. So there was a frost on the pumpkins. Homes are duly decorated for All Hallow's Eve and those decorations will soon be replaced by Christmas stuff. I'm all set up with Nestles $100,000 bars for the Trick-or-Treaters.

Daisy the Mutt is oblivious to the holiday for now, but once the first zombie comes to the door, she will be having the time of her life! She'll chirp her 'welcome' bark and go into her schtick rolling over and sitting on her haunches and waving her front legs hello. Kids will pay her antics by saying "Awww!" and petting her as she licks their hands.

There will be the occasional rusted out pickup truck or mini van with a squeaky door dropping of a half dozen kids at a time right in front of the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate as it sits on a corner. "You do this Street and the next street down and we'll meet you at the corner!" the driver will advise the kids as they pour out of their neighbors in order to canvass mine.

I wonder what the popular costumes will be this year? I usually get a lot of football players, princesses, zombies and video game characters. As this is not an election year, I don't expect too many political figures.

We will be voting for city council and a few state issues. So it is also lawn sign season. What's troublingly different this year is the appearance of signs campaigning against specific individuals. "No on Kerr and Ziegler!" "No Betteridge!" No words on the sign showing who or what organipaid for the negative campaigning. It's only a seat on city council or township trustee, but negative campohas shown it's potential and even the local races are now effected.

Anyway, I have some errands to run before the onslaught tonight. I'm bundled up for the bracing cold after digging through the bottom drawers of the dresser. I'll take the cold as it has substantially cut down on the 'bumpkin factor', or the phenol for people driving vehicles with unnecessarily loud exhaust systems. I can read or watch a movie without repeating what I just took in after being disturbed by the rumble of a passing bumpkin.

Happy Halloween! The day dawned bright and, well for the Crotch of the Tri-State Area, partly sunny. But the thermometer shows it is only 39 degrees. So there was a frost on the pumpkins. Homes are duly decorated for All Hallow's Eve and those decorations will soon be replaced by Christmas stuff. I'm all set up with Nestles $100,000 bars for the Trick-or-Treaters.

Daisy the Mutt is oblivious to the holiday for now, but once the first zombie comes to the door, she will be having the time of her life! She'll chirp her 'welcome' bark and go into her schtick rolling over and sitting on her haunches and waving her front legs hello. Kids will pay her antics by saying "Awww!" and petting her as she licks their hands.

There will be the occasional rusted out pickup truck or mini van with a squeaky door dropping of a half dozen kids at a time right in front of the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate as it sits on a corner. "You do this Street and the next street down and we'll meet you at the corner!" the driver will advise the kids as they pour out of their neighbors in order to canvass mine.

I wonder what the popular costumes will be this year? I usually get a lot of football players, princesses, zombies and video game characters. As this is not an election year, I don't expect too many political figures.

We will be voting for city council and a few state issues. So it is also lawn sign season. What's troublingly different this year is the appearance of signs campaigning against specific individuals. "No on Kerr and Ziegler!" "No Betteridge!" No words on the sign showing who or what organipaid for the negative campaigning. It's only a seat on city council or township trustee, but negative campohas shown it's potential and even the local races are now effected.

Anyway, I have some errands to run before the onslaught tonight. I'm bundled up for the bracing cold after digging through the bottom drawers of the dresser. I'll take the cold as it has substantially cut down on the 'bumpkin factor', or the phenol for people driving vehicles with unnecessarily loud exhaust systems. I can read or watch a movie without repeating what I just took in after being disturbed by the rumble of a passing bumpkin.

We are in the midst of a mayoral runoff here--not so much yard signs in evidence but plenty of negative political robo calls. Blessedly loud traffic is almost non existent in our neighborhood except for the Tuesday morning trash trucks picking up the trash. You are still dealing with a rude motorcylist?

As for tonight, can we trade dogs? I will allow Daisy to entertain the trick or treaters and you can deal with the mini doxie Carly who will be ferociously protecting the household from a zombie apocalypse loudly and pretty much non stop. Needless to say we aren't looking forward to that.

Forum List

Back