USMB Coffee Shop IV

Spent a lot of time kayaking this summer. 2 weeks up in Canada and three separate trips to the Adirondacks. Plus a lot of local lakes as much as possible.

Snapshot 6 (10-20-2017 11-21 PM).png
Snapshot 7 (10-20-2017 11-25 PM).png

Okay, this is bad, I'm fixating on that Ural Gear Up. Heck, considering selling my truck to get one but alas I'm going to have to wait.

Still thinking tonight of all the folks in southern California dealing with and in the wake of the terrible fires.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Saveliberty for positive resolution for difficult transition,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter in difficult transition,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, Esthermoon, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

There is anticipation and beauty in the approaching storm
53082502.jpg

Hey - long time no see. I hope everyone is doing well. been keeping very busy myself

Spoonie!!!! OMG. I thought you had left us for good. So happy to see you. . .in a photo even. . .and that all is well. Don't be a stranger, okay?
Still around. I've spent very little time online lately, anywhere. 38 weeks to retirement, so a lot of time is preparing for that. our house goes on the market in april. so a lot of minor repairs and updating. finishing our house on the jersey shore where we'll be moving too. I'm going to miss the mountains. Moving our sons into their own house and all the work there. this winter it will be clearing out the clutter and all the stuff we've accumulated over the last 35 years that we don't need. going from over 4,000 sq feet with three very large sheds to around 1,600 sq feet. There is a lot of purging to do. on top of that I've been trying to do as much of the things I really enjoy.

Microsoft windows 10 just did an update on my computer. To calm your nerves, if your computer updates do not panic, it takes ages. It takes longer than any usual update, and the screen goes black for several minutes.

So whatever yo do don't panic, and don't turn off or restart your computer until its over.

Microsoft windows 10 just did an update on my computer. To calm your nerves, if your computer updates do not panic, it takes ages. It takes longer than any usual update, and the screen goes black for several minutes.

So whatever yo do don't panic, and don't turn off or restart your computer until its over.
There's a solution to that......

Dump Windows.......

:D

Dump Windows.......

I would not know how to use any other operating system. In any case the update worked ok in the end.
Its just that the screen went black for several minutes, and I thought my computer was a goner.

Screenshot from 2017-12-10 09-04-33.png
Screenshot from 2017-12-10 09-04-33.png

Dump Windows.......

I would not know how to use any other operating system. In any case the update worked ok in the end.
Its just that the screen went black for several minutes, and I thought my computer was a goner.
Really, their all not much different in usage it's just the layout that a new user has to get used to at first, where to find your folders, etc.
Here's my Mint desktop.

Last edited:
Spent a lot of time kayaking this summer. 2 weeks up in Canada and three separate trips to the Adirondacks. Plus a lot of local lakes as much as possible.

View attachment 165196 View attachment 165197

Hubba-hubba,Spoonie. You look great in those photos. So good to see you here and after reading all your upcoming plans I can see where you are most definitely preoccupied. I always hoped the "shorehouse" would be your retirement destination.

Merry Christmas, sweetie. We share some fond memories here. :smiliehug:

View attachment 165258 View attachment 165258

Dump Windows.......

Really, their all not much different in usage it's just the layout that a new user has to get used to at first, where to find your folders, etc.
Here's my Mint desktop.

What browser are you using? That lion's face icon is not familiar.

View attachment 165258 View attachment 165258

Dump Windows.......

Here's my Mint desktop.

What browser are you using? That lion's face icon is not familiar.
That's the Brave browser.

Forum List

Back