USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everybody. I am tempted to go shopping just to get out and about. But it's 26 degrees out there, and winter hit us so quickly I'm still not acclimated.

We are having to put up with the cold but with blue skies and sunshine. So I wake up this morning to the news showing it snowing in Houston and winter storm warnings all across the deep south all the way to Georgia and up the eastern seaboard. It isn't fair. We want and need the snow.

Morning, I'm off work today. I might go shopping to buy presents for people. How is everyone?

I'll have to say though Drifter, your post reminded me of this. :)
2110de8e0ea789066b12289bdae768ac--funny-things-funny-stuff.jpg

I was going to go out this weekend, but the weather had changed my plans......it's snowing! The little one is coming home from school early, should be here soon, and it's snowing. :) It's even sticking, at least a bit, yay!

Snow is still good when you don't have a car. :p

Bah, the snow didn't last long. It turned into rain, so the little one didn't get to go play in it. She still wanted to, because there's still a little snow on the ground, but I wouldn't let her play in the rain while it's close to freezing temps.

Bah! The little one is gone, her dad picked her up about 3 hours ago....so of course, now the snow is coming down again. If she were here, we could go outside right now and play in it. It's not much, as there is rarely snow here at all, let alone a lot, but I'm sure she'd be thrilled to play in it. I hope she gets the chance with her dad, but I wish I could watch her play in the snow a bit.

The view from my window, into the back yard:
Snowing2 12-8-2017.jpg

Just a light dusting. I think that we could at least throw small snowballs at each other, though, and maybe make a little snowman with some work. I don't think it's going to still be here when she gets back on Sunday, though. :(

It might snow here tomorrow. Well, it's definitely going to snow, but the question is how much snow. We are under a "severe weather alert" from Saturday 4 am to Sunday 7 am as of this moment. I was kind of hoping to be able to get away with having NO SNOW this year. Looks like that won't be happening. :dunno:

Hopefully we get two inches of snow or more, then I can fire up the snow blower and make some money. This waiting for the new job to start is getting real old real fast. A reliable source says I start orientation Monday.

Hopefully we get two inches of snow or more, then I can fire up the snow blower and make some money. This waiting for the new job to start is getting real old real fast. A reliable source says I start orientation Monday.

Wouldn't you think they would tell you on Friday to report on Monday? Maybe the post office works differently than most places???

Now that I'm all ready for Christmas, I can't wait! Now it's going to feel like FOREVER until Christmas gets here!

Naw, you use these two weeks to try your hand at baking a fruit cake, experiment with decorating cookies, make some divinity that won't set so most of it gets thrown out. Stuff like that. :)

Now that I'm all ready for Christmas, I can't wait! Now it's going to feel like FOREVER until Christmas gets here!

Naw, you use these two weeks to try your hand at baking a fruit cake, experiment with decorating cookies, make some divinity that won't set so most of it gets thrown out. Stuff like that. :)

Lol! I've done the cookies thing. OMG. I can bake pretty well, but I cannot decorate well at all. My cookies came out looking like a child made them! I don't have much talent with frosting! :lol: I was just talking to my auntie about it like an hour ago actually. I told her, don't worry, I won't be making any ugly sugar cookies this year. It's going to be fudge this year instead. You can't go wrong with fudge! :D

Forum List

Back