USMB Coffee Shop IV

I was watching Cake Wars and they were making ugly Christmas cookies (going with the theme of ugly Christmas sweaters.). I was thinking that I could have won THAT contest hands down. I make some really ugly looking cookies! Like deformed looking santas that are more scary than cute!

I was watching Cake Wars and they were making ugly Christmas cookies (going with the theme of ugly Christmas sweaters.). I was thinking that I could have won THAT contest hands down. I make some really ugly looking cookies! Like deformed looking santas that are more scary than cute!

I don't decorate them. I just make up several different kinds to box to give to friends and family who come to visit and to take to our closest neighbors. I dress up the assortment with a few pieces of bright Christmas candy.

I don't decorate them. I just make up several different kinds to box to give to friends and family who come to visit and to take to our closest neighbors. I dress up the assortment with a few pieces of bright Christmas candy.

I know, I should leave them alone but I try to be fancy! :lol:

One year, I went to make fudge, and I put in sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk, and that was the MOST disgusting fudge ever because I also added sugar, just following the recipe as if I had used the evaporated milk. It came out all gritty and SO sweet. This year I was very careful to get the evaporated milk! :p

Going shopping wasn't too bad today either. The stores were a little bit crowded but not as bad as you might expect. I think going shopping really helps to get me into the holiday spirit, all the decorations, the Christmas music, just the whole atmosphere. Shopping online is nice and convenient and great to avoid the crowds, but it's not the same kind of stimulation that real shopping gives you.

Now that I'm all ready for Christmas, I can't wait! Now it's going to feel like FOREVER until Christmas gets here!

Naw, you use these two weeks to try your hand at baking a fruit cake, experiment with decorating cookies, make some divinity that won't set so most of it gets thrown out. Stuff like that. :)

Lol! I've done the cookies thing. OMG. I can bake pretty well, but I cannot decorate well at all. My cookies came out looking like a child made them! I don't have much talent with frosting! :lol: I was just talking to my auntie about it like an hour ago actually. I told her, don't worry, I won't be making any ugly sugar cookies this year. It's going to be fudge this year instead. You can't go wrong with fudge! :D

I avoid chocolates because of my reflux. You can go wrong with fudge. ;)

Hopefully we get two inches of snow or more, then I can fire up the snow blower and make some money. This waiting for the new job to start is getting real old real fast. A reliable source says I start orientation Monday.

Wouldn't you think they would tell you on Friday to report on Monday? Maybe the post office works differently than most places???

Read the part in bold again, think about it, form an opinion...

I got the email an hour ago. I am an official postal non career employee. I am assuming an explanation of what that is takes the first day.

Just use more frosting.

I can't believe it. I move about as far south as I can.......down to the beach area....and right now it is snowing!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I can't believe it. I move about as far south as I can.......down to the beach area....and right now it is snowing!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Kat this really hurts me down to the core... but here, warm up...

Crochet-leg-warmers-for-girls.jpg

Yes, and when we desperately need snowpack for our ski resorts and water sheds, we are getting pretty much zilch. And you are getting snow on the Gulf coast? Somebody screwed up the system I think.

Yes, and when we desperately need snowpack for our ski resorts and water sheds, we are getting pretty much zilch. And you are getting snow on the Gulf coast? Somebody screwed up the system I think.

Yes! I have white stuff on the ground and it isn't sand! I just can't believe it.

Thinking tonight of all the folks in southern California dealing with and in the wake of the terrible fires.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Saveliberty for positive resolution for difficult transition,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter in difficult transition,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, Esthermoon, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Let it snow, let it snow,, let it snow (where it's supposed to.)
16247279190_191678e6ac_b.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-8_23-15-26.png
    upload_2017-12-8_23-15-26.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 20

I know, I should leave them alone but I try to be fancy! :lol:

One year, I went to make fudge, and I put in sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk, and that was the MOST disgusting fudge ever because I also added sugar, just following the recipe as if I had used the evaporated milk. It came out all gritty and SO sweet. This year I was very careful to get the evaporated milk! :p

There is a pretty good sweetened condensed milk fudge recipe out there though.

Yes! I have white stuff on the ground and it isn't sand! I just can't believe it.
Dandruff? :dunno:

Forum List

Back