USMB Coffee Shop IV

DFSbs2SXoAIPh3z.jpg

Hey - long time no see. I hope everyone is doing well. been keeping very busy myself

Spoonie!!!! OMG. I thought you had left us for good. So happy to see you. . .in a photo even. . .and that all is well. Don't be a stranger, okay?
Still around. I've spent very little time online lately, anywhere. 38 weeks to retirement, so a lot of time is preparing for that. our house goes on the market in april. so a lot of minor repairs and updating. finishing our house on the jersey shore where we'll be moving too. I'm going to miss the mountains. Moving our sons into their own house and all the work there. this winter it will be clearing out the clutter and all the stuff we've accumulated over the last 35 years that we don't need. going from over 4,000 sq feet with three very large sheds to around 1,600 sq feet. There is a lot of purging to do. on top of that I've been trying to do as much of the things I really enjoy.

So you are trading the mountains for an ocean--I could do that though I do love our mountains. On the bright side you must have finally dug your Jersey shore home out after storm Sandy. We did what you were doing--downsized from a huge bilevel home and divested ourselves of decades of accumulated stuff so that we fit comfortable into a 900 sq ft 2-bedroom apartment in Albuquerque for a year. Then we bought our roughly 1100 sq ft home up on the mountain where we lived for more than a decade and expanded the stuff to fill a very large storage building on our property and all of that small home. Then we moved into the city to our present much larger home and pretty well filled that up.

What I'm saying is that it will work for you depending on how much of a packrat you and the Ms. are. :)

But I'm happy for you. I have never regretted retirement for a single day though I have considered going back to work just to get some rest. :)

Microsoft windows 10 just did an update on my computer. To calm your nerves, if your computer updates do not panic, it takes ages. It takes longer than any usual update, and the screen goes black for several minutes.

So whatever yo do don't panic, and don't turn off or restart your computer until its over.
There's a solution to that......

Dump Windows.......

:D

I would except that I have so much softwear, including favorite games, that I think might not run on anything other than Windows. And I am firmly from the school of not making things more complicated or harder than they have to be.

By the way everybody a heads up that the Geminid meteor shower is back and will peak on Wednesday and Thursday night. This is one of the better ones with up to 120 meteors per minute visible to the naked eye. Last time it was pretty well washed out with a super moon but mid week should be pretty well moonless.

Catch the Geminid Meteor Shower peaking on Dec. 13-14

Microsoft windows 10 just did an update on my computer. To calm your nerves, if your computer updates do not panic, it takes ages. It takes longer than any usual update, and the screen goes black for several minutes.

So whatever yo do don't panic, and don't turn off or restart your computer until its over.

Dump Windows.......

I would except that I have so much softwear, including favorite games, that I think might not run on anything other than Windows. And I am firmly from the school of not making things more complicated or harder than they have to be.
As always it's a matter of preference and (like yourself) pretty much locked in based on your collection of games and software and no reason to change. Granted Linux most likely has most if not all of the software and games that are either a direct replacement or fairly comparable but again people don't change until they find a compelling reason. For me it's a matter of control, I don't want my PC to be what is essentially a Microsoft workstation, I want it to be mine which is why I switched over all but my gamer desktop, my Lenovo (I have to write code script to make some things work on that one) and the wife's laptop (her choice).
My gamer I reverted back to Win 7 which I still control and I will ultimately sell the Lenovo besides the wife is considering Linux after the last Win 10 forced update.

Dump Windows.......

As always it's a matter of preference and (like yourself) pretty much locked in based on your collection of games and software and no reason to change. Granted Linux most likely has most if not all of the software and games that are either a direct replacement or fairly comparable but again people don't change until they find a compelling reason. For me it's a matter of control, I don't want my PC to be what is essentially a Microsoft workstation, I want it to be mine which is why I switched over all but my gamer desktop, my Lenovo (I have to write code script to make some things work on that one) and the wife's laptop (her choice).
My gamer I reverted back to Win 7 which I still control and I will ultimately sell the Lenovo besides the wife is considering Linux after the last Win 10 forced update.

And I honestly don't care. I have my important stuff encrypted and the rest who cares? And I do enjoy those games and see no reason to change.

Dump Windows.......

And I honestly don't care. I have my important stuff encrypted and the rest who cares? And I do enjoy those games and see no reason to change.
Exactly, you're happy with what you have, I'm happy I have a no cost alternative. :thup:

Hello CS! Hope everyone is doing well and prepared for the upcoming holiday. I finished my shopping. I just picked up a couple more things yesterday. Now, I just have to wrap and prepare everything. Most things I will just use gift bags for, but some things need to be wrapped. I also have to make the fudge and get the stuff for the cranberry salad (my dish that I'm bringing - which is my grandmother's recipe and we usually have it for every holiday but she has Alzheimer's now so she won't be making it anymore :( ). I love it so much and have always made it myself whenever we went to someone's house who wouldn't normally serve it. My aunt is thrilled that I'm making it. It is like a holiday staple/tradition!

Other than that, I can try to relax now, and maybe watch some Christmas movies or something! :D Can't wait for Christmas!

Forum List

Back