USMB Coffee Shop IV

Oh and today's puzzle for the seriously bored:

24301163_871690359683040_3223479772874677644_n.jpg
I'll wait to give the correct answer....... :eusa_whistle:

Cheating! :D

The little one got to play in the snow today. It was melting away, but not gone, when she got home. It was also very sticky, so we were able to make easy snowballs and a very ugly snowman.

View attachment 165373

Here's one of our cat checking out her namesake all over the ground yesterday:

View attachment 165374

You still have roses blooming? That is AMAZING. Lol!

The little one got to play in the snow today. It was melting away, but not gone, when she got home. It was also very sticky, so we were able to make easy snowballs and a very ugly snowman.

View attachment 165373

View attachment 165374

Neat. But it is surreal to see beautiful roses blooming in the snow.

View attachment 165373

View attachment 165374

Neat. But it is surreal to see beautiful roses blooming in the snow.

Looks pretty too. All the roses around here are LOOOONG gone.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Saveliberty for positive resolution for difficult transition,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter in difficult transition,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, Esthermoon, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Maybe only in Georgia?
Red-rose-with-snow.jpg

Most flowers have a very short growing and blooming time here in NE. I stick with snap dragons and petunias. They seem to last the longest. I can have them all summer long as long as they are healthy.

I
Microsoft windows 10 just did an update on my computer. To calm your nerves, if your computer updates do not panic, it takes ages. It takes longer than any usual update, and the screen goes black for several minutes.

So whatever yo do don't panic, and don't turn off or restart your computer until its over.
There's a solution to that......

Dump Windows.......

:D

I would except that I have so much softwear, including favorite games, that I think might not run on anything other than Windows. And I am firmly from the school of not making things more complicated or harder than they have to be.
I have a zillion tons of software that only runs on windows 98, as I used to load down software free from hackers sites.
I would spend all night loading down stuff like photoshop six and other graphics software, but I don't do that any more because there are cyber police watching for it, and because nowdays you cannot be sure you will not load down a virus or two with your software.
I have an old computer that runs windows 98, and I still use it for software that runs on it.

Most flowers have a very short growing and blooming time here in NE. I stick with snap dragons and petunias. They seem to last the longest. I can have them all summer long as long as they are healthy.

Here on the high desert just about everything grows well and we do have a fairly long growing season though all danger of frost isn't over until well into April and the ground doesn't warm up enough for things like tomatoes until early May. But our low humidity results in some things faring more efficiently than others, and of course we can't count on rain to keep things watered.

We are also going to have shrimp cocktail and cheese and pepperoni on crackers on Christmas Eve. Yum! :2up: I just hope it lasts until Christmas Eve!

Christmas Eve here is green chile stew or posole and maybe hot chocolate and favorite Christmas movies. That's after maybe a trip to Old Town or a candelaria tour or Christmas Eve church service though in fact it will just be Hombre and me this year and we will probably elect to just stay home and do our own thing.

I was just remembering that when we lived up on the mountain, we always quipped that the growing season was a Tuesday in July. :)

Petunias are good because they are pretty, they smell really good and they last a long time as long as you keep picking the dead ones off and take care of them. They can get big too. I have to remember to cut them back once in a while too though. Sometimes they tend to get "leggy." I always hate cutting back plants. I'm scared. Lol. :D

Petunias are good because they are pretty, they smell really good and they last a long time as long as you keep picking the dead ones off and take care of them. They can get big too. I have to remember to cut them back once in a while too though. Sometimes they tend to get "leggy." I always hate cutting back plants. I'm scared. Lol. :D

Petunias are my go to flowers for planters as they do well here, are more drought resistant than most flowers, and as you said bloom all year long. I also use a lot of marigolds as they also bloom all summer and are hardy as well as being effective bug repellants, and Hombre, who is color blind on several colors, can enjoy the bright yellows and golds. I also love impatiens but they are messier and more fragile/tempermental. And of course pansies are perfect for early and late flower beds as they withstand a bit of short lived freezing temps very well. They don't like the more severe summer heat though.

Last edited:
Oh and today's puzzle for the seriously bored:

24301163_871690359683040_3223479772874677644_n.jpg
I'll wait to give the correct answer....... :eusa_whistle:

Cheating! :D
How is letting everyone else screw it up cheating........ :dunno:
I saw a bunch of tigers right off the bat but no Lions........

Yes, I think all are obviously or intended to be tigers so no lions. The best I can figure from what I have read at other sites is there are probably16 total in the picture so Montro I think got the right number of animals.

I
Microsoft windows 10 just did an update on my computer. To calm your nerves, if your computer updates do not panic, it takes ages. It takes longer than any usual update, and the screen goes black for several minutes.

So whatever yo do don't panic, and don't turn off or restart your computer until its over.
There's a solution to that......

Dump Windows.......

I would except that I have so much softwear, including favorite games, that I think might not run on anything other than Windows. And I am firmly from the school of not making things more complicated or harder than they have to be.
I have a zillion tons of software that only runs on windows 98, as I used to load down software free from hackers sites.

There were stories going around claiming Win 10 could (and would) identify and block one's ability to download pirated software, there are some going through interesting gyrations to claim Microsoft doesn't care about pirated software on our computers.......... Also (yes this one is confirmed) Microsoft can remotely lock you out of your computer though I suspect it's only for helping law enforcement at this point. :dunno:

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Today is my Saturday morning so no coffee needed for me today.

I usually only drink it during the week when I need to get up at 4 a.m.

So today is my coffee-detox day.

Fried and scrambled 2 eggs for breakfast. Drank my last orange juice with it.

The rest of my fridge is empty. Need to go shopping today for groceries.

I was just remembering that when we lived up on the mountain, we always quipped that the growing season was a Tuesday in July. :)
Pine nuts grow great in the mountains however.

As do oak trees. You can harvest the acorns and make flour out of them after you soak them in boiling hot water.

Pecan trees should grow well up there too, although I believe pecans are mostly a Texas-Oklahoma endemic tree.

Here on the high desert just about everything grows well and we do have a fairly long growing season though all danger of frost isn't over until well into April and the ground doesn't warm up enough for things like tomatoes until early May. But our low humidity results in some things faring more efficiently than others, and of course we can't count on rain to keep things watered.
I would think tequila lilies and also peyote grows great there !!

Forum List

Back