USMB Coffee Shop IV

My apologies for going on and ranting. I probably just need another self imposed forum break and news break. All of the stuff that is going on is really starting to aggravate me. I'm feeling overwhelmed with everything and I'm a little bit overly emotional like some women tend to be at a certain time of the month! I need a break from life! Lol! :lol:

I hear that. When we get too much exposure to negativity, it absolutely affects us. I am maybe more susceptible than most. But I have found just walking away from it and letting my head clear for awhile tends to restore perspective.

For instance, when it gets so very ugly, hateful, and/or stupid out there on the other forums, I just have to spend some time here in the Coffee Shop to understand again that everybody at USMB isn't a fool, idiot, numbnut, or a-hole. :)

I watch television and find myself thinking our country is hopeless and beyond redemption and feel pretty much defeated. But then I read or listen to somebody with a clearer perspective and that sets things upright for me again.

Working with the humane and rescue associations keeps me appreciating that there are so many more good people in the world than those who make such organizations necessary. I rail against incompetent, useless, even hateful parents who make their children's lives a living hell. And my mood can be very bitter about that. But you can't spend a day with the kids at the Rivers of Mercy Orphanage/Children's Home (Juarez Mexico) without feeling warm hearted and even exhilarated that so many are willing to give of themselves and/or their resources to help those kids feel loved, cared for, cherished, and happy. And they are.

I suppose there will always be evil in the world. But I hang on to the hope that good will ultimately prevail.

Which is why I humanely put down certain posters out on the board. :)

My apologies for going on and ranting. I probably just need another self imposed forum break and news break. All of the stuff that is going on is really starting to aggravate me. I'm feeling overwhelmed with everything and I'm a little bit overly emotional like some women tend to be at a certain time of the month! I need a break from life! Lol! :lol:

I hear that. When we get too much exposure to negativity, it absolutely affects us. I am maybe more susceptible than most. But I have found just walking away from it and letting my head clear for awhile tends to restore perspective.

For instance, when it gets so very ugly, hateful, and/or stupid out there on the other forums, I just have to spend some time here in the Coffee Shop to understand again that everybody at USMB isn't a fool, idiot, numbnut, or a-hole. :)

I watch television and find myself thinking our country is hopeless and beyond redemption and feel pretty much defeated. But then I read or listen to somebody with a clearer perspective and that sets things upright for me again.

Working with the humane and rescue associations keeps me appreciating that there are so many more good people in the world than those who make such organizations necessary. I rail against incompetent, useless, even hateful parents who make their children's lives a living hell. And my mood can be very bitter about that. But you can't spend a day with the kids at the Rivers of Mercy Orphanage/Children's Home (Juarez Mexico) without feeling warm hearted and even exhilarated that so many are willing to give of themselves and/or their resources to help those kids feel loved, cared for, cherished, and happy. And they are.

I suppose there will always be evil in the world. But I hang on to the hope that good will ultimately prevail.

Which is why I humanely put down certain posters out on the board. :)

And I don't bother. I decided life is much more pleasant if I don't feed the trolls, argue with idiots, or engage in other exercises of futility.

And it was hard to do, but I have learned not to take it personally if people disagree with me or hold points of view I can't support or choose lifestyles that I wouldn't choose. That helped a whole bunch to remove a LOT of negativity from my personal experience.

Like Chris, I get white hot boiling mad at some of the hateful, reprehensible, unconscionable things that people wish on, say about, say to, and do to other people and the creatures we share the Earth with. But there are so very many who don't do that to give me hope.

And I don't bother. I decided life is much more pleasant if I don't feed the trolls, argue with idiots, or engage in other exercises of futility.

And it was hard to do, but I have learned not to take it personally if people disagree with me or hold points of view I can't support or choose lifestyles that I wouldn't choose. That helped a whole bunch to remove a LOT of negativity from my personal experience.

Like Chris, I get white hot boiling mad at some of the hateful, reprehensible, unconscionable things that people do to other people. But there are so very many who don't do that to give me hope.

I look at it like the second amendment. If some of us don't carry on occasion, we became a gun-free zone ripe for bad guys.

I couldn't even watch that video. I clicked on it, and then I got out of that ASAP, but that image of the fear and terror in that baby elephant's face and screams will stay with me forever now. Some days, I HATE people. I really do.

I can't watch things like that either. And I share your feelings when I inadvertently am hit in the face with it. It tears me apart to see anybody or any thing needlessly or cruelly suffering.

6c360836fd88815e165e88557ddc7213--spiritual-warfare-prayers-saint-michael.jpg

Archangel Michael...note sword.

Like Chris, I get white hot boiling mad at some of the hateful, reprehensible, unconscionable things that people do to other people. But there are so very many who don't do that to give me hope.

I look at it like the second amendment. If some of us don't carry on occasion, we became a gun-free zone ripe for bad guys.

Ability to defend and protect ourselves from the inevitable bad guys is necessary and important, yes. But that is a somewhat different thing than overcoming evil with good. And I therefore hope that there is far more goodness in the world than there is evil. I rather think it is necessary for us to believe that there is in order to be fully sane.

Ability to defend and protect ourselves from the inevitable bad guys is necessary and important, yes. But that is a somewhat different thing than overcoming evil with good. And I therefore hope that there is far more goodness in the world than there is evil.

Lester Holt says there is.

Ability to defend and protect ourselves from the inevitable bad guys is necessary and important, yes. But that is a somewhat different thing than overcoming evil with good. And I therefore hope that there is far more goodness in the world than there is evil.

(cough) We better let that one drop as it is a wee bit too close to the line for the Coffee Shop. :)

(cough) We better let that one drop as it is a wee bit too close to the line for the Coffee Shop. :)

I was just citing a source that there is more good than evil in the world. It is in a NBC promo. Not like I said it was Matt Lauer...

It is so discouraging to know people and what motivates them and their weird kinks and their inability to keep their hands to themselves and their obsession with other people's body parts and their cruelty to creatures that they deem as "below" them, and to top it off, the arrogance and the self righteousness. I find it all very depressing and discouraging. Me, me, me, mine, mine, mine is what is REALLY important to most people it seems.

Me too.

I was just citing a source that there is more good than evil in the world. It is in a NBC promo. Not like I said it was Matt Lauer...

Where in the world is . . . Matt Lauer? :dunno:

Check with Al Roker.

Check with Al Roker.

Do you remember that segment on the Today Show? Where in The World Is Matt Lauer? That was a good segment. Too bad these guys are willing to throw everything away for something SO stupid and worthless.

I've felt overwhelmed with all the office drama. Also, sometimes the world news gets to me as well. I liked my actual job just not the social environment. That said I heard some really messed up stories in trying to help people as part of my job. DEPRESSING!

I'm making chili for Game Night this Friday evening. I ordered the two 'secret ingredients' online and they arrived yesterday. At Giant Eagle last night I bought two big onions and two cans of tomato purée. I got a half pound of New York sharp cheddar to shred for the top of the chili bowls before they go under the broiler for the final alchemy. As soon as I'm sufficiently motivated, I'll go out to the butcher shop and buy two pounds of coarse ground beef and a two pound chuck roast to cube into stew meat.

While at the butcher I intend to buy the prime rib roast for our Christmas Eve feast. But Nosmo, today is only December 6th! Christmas Eve is still more than two weeks away! Right! I'll take that roast, mop it off with paper towels, fold a paper towel and place it on a dinner plate. Then the naked roast sits on that plate in my Fridgeaire. Every day a fresh folded paper towel goes under the unwrapped roast. Days, weeks go buy and the roast begins to look like an old maroon pocketbook at the bottom of a bus depot lost and found box. Darker, uglier than an unembalmed piece of meat should look until the juices are concentrated within.

It sounds like blasphemy. Subjecting a $65.00 hunk of prime rib to dry aging in a refrigerator. But after the torture and in the capable hands of my brother and his skills as a gourmand, the result is amazing!

Meanwhile, let's get started on that pot of chili!

I've heard of people doing that. How can you do that without the meat spoiling?

I'm making chili for Game Night this Friday evening. I ordered the two 'secret ingredients' online and they arrived yesterday. At Giant Eagle last night I bought two big onions and two cans of tomato purée. I got a half pound of New York sharp cheddar to shred for the top of the chili bowls before they go under the broiler for the final alchemy. As soon as I'm sufficiently motivated, I'll go out to the butcher shop and buy two pounds of coarse ground beef and a two pound chuck roast to cube into stew meat.

While at the butcher I intend to buy the prime rib roast for our Christmas Eve feast. But Nosmo, today is only December 6th! Christmas Eve is still more than two weeks away! Right! I'll take that roast, mop it off with paper towels, fold a paper towel and place it on a dinner plate. Then the naked roast sits on that plate in my Fridgeaire. Every day a fresh folded paper towel goes under the unwrapped roast. Days, weeks go buy and the roast begins to look like an old maroon pocketbook at the bottom of a bus depot lost and found box. Darker, uglier than an unembalmed piece of meat should look until the juices are concentrated within.

It sounds like blasphemy. Subjecting a $65.00 hunk of prime rib to dry aging in a refrigerator. But after the torture and in the capable hands of my brother and his skills as a gourmand, the result is amazing!

Meanwhile, let's get started on that pot of chili!

I've heard of people doing that. How can you do that without the meat spoiling?
Keep it dry, in the fridge and uncovered. Works like a charm!

I've felt overwhelmed with all the office drama. Also, sometimes the world news gets to me as well. I liked my actual job just not the social environment. That said I heard some really messed up stories in trying to help people as part of my job. DEPRESSING!

I hear that too.

Thinking tonight of all the folks in southern California dealing with and in the wake of the terrible fires.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Saveliberty for positive resolution for difficult transition,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter in difficult transition,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, Esthermoon, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Some of us need the storm. And some of us need the clearing of the storm. Both happen sooner or later.
20100528232821__mg_1266_5-31-10.jpg

Forum List

Back