USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well, greetings, y'all!
I've been MIA for a while and finally have enough sunlight to power my house long enough to post online for a while. The snow clouds are closing in again and we are expected to get another dose of the white powder tonight. It's snowed more these last couple of weeks than all the rest of this winter, so far. The snow is now waist deep in places where I haven't cleared it away. I have trails all around where I do most of my "business" here at the cabin.
Being my first full-time winter here, I have been forming a pretty good idea how much wood I must chuck in order to have a supply that doesn't need to be supplemented by digging felled trees out of the snow, and winching them to a location where they can be rendered into serviceable sized portions.
I've converted the front portion of my utility room into a maternity ward. It's still too cold for kids born out-of-doors to avoid turning into kid-sicles so I have to house the pending mamas inside where it is warmer. The current resident shows all signs of early labor and I am hoping that by tomorrow morning I will be able to welcome the first signs of Spring. The second soon-to-be mama is still outside, not showing the same signs of impending parenthood, but I am watching her closely. She's much more difficult to entice into the house, being a first-time mama.
Good to "read" all of you again!

I have had lucid dreams for years. Even if I wake up from such a dream, I can usually re-enter that dream after I go back to sleep. I've found that by writing your dreams down immediately after waking, you can increase lucid dreaming.
Have any of you experienced dreams with repeated themes, locations, or other features?
Been working on it for a few years now...Have only had ten or so...The most recent ones I've been able to recapture after waking...Never got excited when I've snapped into lucidity...Just went with the flow and enjoyed the experience...Really mind blowing experience.

Hello world! (c) not me :)

In Moscow now smells early spring... But south of Russia is sinking in snow! Crazy things happen this time :)

p.s. Just saw "12 angry men" of 1997 year.... Russian remake really much better, at least in my opinion.....

Always pleased when you have time to stop by Sbiker. My visions of a Russian winter invariably are that ice encased farmhouse in the movie "Dr. Zhivago." Depressing movie but a tremendous sound track that gets stuck in your head maybe forever.

Which movie about Dr. Zhivago do you mean? I didn't watch any of them, and book associated for me with a thick, imageless magazine "New world" with a tonns of letters, depressive stories by Solzhenitsin, Shalamov, Pasternak and so on... Maybe I'm not real "intelligent" (offcourse, no, I have a profession, like Nickolay Gumilev :))), but all this books were insufferable sad and pessimistic... Stories about red commissioner and heroes of revolution were, at least, positive in mass and with a taste of win :)) But Pasternak as poet is very good and his poem about burning candle, I think, close to your image of "Russian winter" :))

As for me, I see winter preferential sunny, with or without frost :) And with a cracking sound, when you pour out water on snow during -30C (-20F) :))

Well, greetings, y'all!
I've been MIA for a while and finally have enough sunlight to power my house long enough to post online for a while. The snow clouds are closing in again and we are expected to get another dose of the white powder tonight. It's snowed more these last couple of weeks than all the rest of this winter, so far. The snow is now waist deep in places where I haven't cleared it away. I have trails all around where I do most of my "business" here at the cabin.
Being my first full-time winter here, I have been forming a pretty good idea how much wood I must chuck in order to have a supply that doesn't need to be supplemented by digging felled trees out of the snow, and winching them to a location where they can be rendered into serviceable sized portions.
I've converted the front portion of my utility room into a maternity ward. It's still too cold for kids born out-of-doors to avoid turning into kid-sicles so I have to house the pending mamas inside where it is warmer. The current resident shows all signs of early labor and I am hoping that by tomorrow morning I will be able to welcome the first signs of Spring. The second soon-to-be mama is still outside, not showing the same signs of impending parenthood, but I am watching her closely. She's much more difficult to entice into the house, being a first-time mama.
Good to "read" all of you again!

Do you use wood in furnace? Maybe it's a good idea to use coal instead - being carefully with the max temperature...
But wood, offcourse have own preferences - when you start to warm house in morning you could start by sawing wood... and get warm before your furnace start to work :)

I have had lucid dreams for years. Even if I wake up from such a dream, I can usually re-enter that dream after I go back to sleep. I've found that by writing your dreams down immediately after waking, you can increase lucid dreaming.
Have any of you experienced dreams with repeated themes, locations, or other features?
Been working on it for a few years now...Have only had ten or so...The most recent ones I've been able to recapture after waking...Never got excited when I've snapped into lucidity...Just went with the flow and enjoyed the experience...Really mind blowing experience.

Wow, I do like wine and cheese too... A bottle of red dry Crimean is waiting on my table some days... I think till Saturday :) Come on to share it :)))

Hello world! (c) not me :)

In Moscow now smells early spring... But south of Russia is sinking in snow! Crazy things happen this time :)

p.s. Just saw "12 angry men" of 1997 year.... Russian remake really much better, at least in my opinion.....

Always pleased when you have time to stop by Sbiker. My visions of a Russian winter invariably are that ice encased farmhouse in the movie "Dr. Zhivago." Depressing movie but a tremendous sound track that gets stuck in your head maybe forever.

Which movie about Dr. Zhivago do you mean? I didn't watch any of them, and book associated for me with a thick, imageless magazine "New world" with a tonns of letters, depressive stories by Solzhenitsin, Shalamov, Pasternak and so on... Maybe I'm not real "intelligent" (offcourse, no, I have a profession, like Nickolay Gumilev :))), but all this books were insufferable sad and pessimistic... Stories about red commissioner and heroes of revolution were, at least, positive in mass and with a taste of win :)) But Pasternak as poet is very good and his poem about burning candle, I think, close to your image of "Russian winter" :))

As for me, I see winter preferential sunny, with or without frost :) And with a cracking sound, when you pour out water on snow during -30C (-20F) :))

The only one I know of starred Omar Shariff, Julie Christie et al. Got several academy awards (5 I'm thinking?) and I'm happy to have it in my movie collection. But it is a depressing movie to me.

th

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister

And we keep the porch light on for all our friends who haven't been here for awhile and rejoice when they return.

March 14 is Pi day
1802b99b591b0f820d0cde530a44d530.jpg

Last edited:
Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister

And we keep the porch light on for all our friends who haven't been here for awhile and rejoice when they return.

Thoughts with ChrisL , ricechickie and the other folks in the northeast getting hit by maybe the worst winter storm of the season tonight.
47C1D65E00000578-5235431-A_satellite_image_shows_the_blizzard_battering_the_Northeast_and-a-40_1515113766436.jpg

Thanks sweetie. :) Very thoughtful of you. Dunkin Donuts was open this morning! Can you believe it? ROFL! They know us New Englanders NEED our Dunkin coffee no matter the current weather situation! :eek2yum:

Whoopee! And I hope you still have power too. :)

So far, so good. It's pretty windy out there, and the snow is really accumulating fast now and of course is heavy on the lines, so anything could happen. I'm hoping I don't lose power because I know if I do, it will take National Grid FOREVER to get it back on again.

Sometimes the wind can be helpful by blowing the snow off the lines and heavy tree branches that could bring down the lines?

Usually the snow is sticking to the lines. The snow is wet and sticky and then it freezes. It can melt and then freeze again and again, depending on how cold it is. And then with the weight of the snow and ice on the lines, the wind can knock them right down.

iu

I got an A on my latest coding quiz, whew! This was the first assignment after our Spring Break. I've only gotten 2 other As on quizzes in the class so far, to go with 4 Bs and a D. :( Adding in the first exam I stupidly missed, I really want to keep my grades up to be certain I pass, hopefully with a high B (I don't know if it's even possible for me to get an A at this point).

On another school-related note, I got an email asking me to go to the campus for an award ceremony tomorrow (which I won't be going to, I'm an online student). Apparently I was the highest ranked student, whatever that means. :p

I got an A on my latest coding quiz, whew! This was the first assignment after our Spring Break. I've only gotten 2 other As on quizzes in the class so far, to go with 4 Bs and a D. :( Adding in the first exam I stupidly missed, I really want to keep my grades up to be certain I pass, hopefully with a high B (I don't know if it's even possible for me to get an A at this point).

On another school-related note, I got an email asking me to go to the campus for an award ceremony tomorrow (which I won't be going to, I'm an online student). Apparently I was the highest ranked student, whatever that means. :p

I would say that it means you are doing pretty okay despite how hard you are on yourself. :)

Shephen Hawking memes are coming in mighty dank today! :laugh2:

He was such an unusual person. So much I disagreed with him on though given his amazing intellect, I always felt a little arrogant and self-aggrandizing when I did so. He did give us so much to think about and ponder over and added to the national conversation about many things though.

Forum List

Back