USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister

And we keep the porch light on for all our friends who haven't been here for awhile and we await their return.

Beware the Ides of March was the soothsayer's warning for Caesar. But even there, there was knowledge that we were not bound by the dictates of the stars.
The-fault-dear-Brutus-is-not-in-our-400x600.png

Thinking of Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar", I was blessed with a genius of a high school freshman English lit teacher who used that play to teach us the concept of universal truths. The play is simply full of them such as the quotation in last night's vigil list photo. I couldn't quote a lot of the play now though I remember some, but I do remember the lesson of universal truths and the concept has been very valuable to me throughout the rest of my formal education and adult life.

But the teacher who really brought Shakespeare fully alive for me was my senior English teacher, all 4'11" of her with wild white hair like Dr. Zorba, who read MacBeth in a way that the unfamiliar olde English phrases came alive and real to us. To this day she remains my all time favorite teacher.

A great movie illustrating that was the intelligent comedy "Renaissance Man" in which a civilian instructor (Danny Devito) taught "Hamlet" to a class of educationally challenged Army recruits. Really good flick if you haven't seen it. It also gives you a real appreciation for Devitos talent's and ability to be a credible leading man.

Last edited:
Sorry I haven't posted lately. I've been pretty busy this week.
Mr. P skin wounds are healing very nicely, the doc is very pleased with how it's looking.
He has another appt. next week and it might be his last one. If not ,definitely by one more. :)
One or two more appoints and that's it. :yes_text12::D

I love NLP. My favorite was a lecture by Connie Rae Andreas spirituality in NLP.
One of my trainers was Tamera...But the Andreases are grounded in the Grinder school, which as quite dryball and stolid, and I found Richard Bandler's style far more audacious and fun.

I am not trained in it but her spirituality in nlp helped me a lot. :)

Two nights ago Gizmo disappeared overnight, very uncharacteristic of him, showed up yesterday around 1 PM yesterday hiding under one of the Arborvitaes in the back yard. Picked him up and he growled and hissed in pain so I took him to the vet, no signs of external wounds and the vet said when palpating the abdomen she could tell the pain response wasn't connected with any vital organs. Gave him some pain medication and we watched him (at home) overnight. He's still in pain but appears to be moving around a little better, he used the litter box and I saw no evidence of blood so I guess that's a good thing. May take him back in today for x-rays though if it's soft tissue injuries an x-ray won't show anything.

Two nights ago Gizmo disappeared overnight, very uncharacteristic of him, showed up yesterday around 1 PM yesterday hiding under one of the Arborvitaes in the back yard. Picked him up and he growled and hissed in pain so I took him to the vet, no signs of external wounds and the vet said when palpating the abdomen she could tell the pain response wasn't connected with any vital organs. Gave him some pain medication and we watched him (at home) overnight. He's still in pain but appears to be moving around a little better, he used the litter box and I saw no evidence of blood so I guess that's a good thing. May take him back in today for x-rays though if it's soft tissue injuries an x-ray won't show anything.

It is so tough with the critter members of the family because they can't tell us what hurts. Hope he gets better soon. We've kind of watched Gizmo grow up.

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day, the day Pop would plant his sweet peas and time for me to bang out my favorite Irish joke. I highly recommend that should you find the joke funny and decide to tell it to your friends, master an Irish accent. Like good food, jokes benefit from stylish presentation.

There was a feisty little Irishman named Paddy. Paddy was the worst guy in the village. He was a liar, a thief, a cheat. No one had any respect for Paddy.

Last Sunday, as the parrish priest delivered his homily to the congregation, he noticed Paddy sitting in the far back pew. The priest wondered to himself, "This is not Easter, it's not Christmas. Although it is Lent, why is Paddy suddenly coming to church? He has never cast his shadow on the sanctuary floor before!"

At the end of the service, the priest stood at the church door greeting the congregants as they made their way home. Sneaking out of the church and avoiding eye contact with the priest came a meek and anxious Paddy.

"Hoy there, Paddy me lad!" called the priest "If ye don't mind, a word if you please."

Paddy approached the priest with downcast eyes. Shuffling the dirt with his shabby boot, Paddy acknowledged the priest.

"Now then Paddy," began the priest "I've known ye all me life. I've seen ye in the village, Lord knows I've seen ye in the pub. But I've yet to see ye in the church! What brought ye around to hearin' the word of the Lord on a glorious Sunday morning such as this?"

"Well Father, I'll tell ye. I came to steal a hat. For ye see, I've misplaced me hat, yet I know that O'Flynn has a hat just like the one I'd like to have." explained Paddy "So I thought if I sat in the back of the church, as O'Flynn arose to take the Holy Communion, out the door I'd dash clutchin' O'Flynn's hat in me hands like a thief in the night! But, twas your sermon, Father, your sermon on the Ten Commandments that changed me mind!"

The priest was blown away. Stroking his chin, the priest posited "Now that's a grand piece of thinkin' Paddy! When ye heard me say the word of the Lord says 'Thou shalt not steal' ye changed your mind and decided to walk the straight and narrow!"

"No, no, no." replied Paddy "For twas when I heard ye say 'Thou shalt not commit adultery', suddenly I could recall where I misplaced me hat."

Happy St. Patrick's Day, everybody! And plant those sweet peas!

Last edited:
I don’t go to church often, but every time I have gone to church since my husband died, I have been overwhelmed by thoughts of him. And he was next door to an atheist.

So, I listened to Mass, barely kept my tears in, had my good cry after, and wondered all day why the good hubby is haunting me through the Catholic Church.

Maybe I should try Lutheran churches, synagogues, and mosques. See if he follows me there.

Forum List

Back