USMB Coffee Shop IV

I don’t go to church often, but every time I have gone to church since my husband died, I have been overwhelmed by thoughts of him. And he was next door to an atheist.

So, I listened to Mass, barely kept my tears in, had my good cry after, and wondered all day why the good hubby is haunting me through the Catholic Church.

Maybe I should try Lutheran churches, synagogues, and mosques. See if he follows me there.

Lately me and my mom visit a different church each Sunday.

Happy Saint Patricks day tommorrow.
images

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo

And we keep the porch light on for all our friends who haven't been here for awhile and we await their return.

St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time--a day to begin transforming winter's dreams into summer magic. --Adrienne Cook
qLG4dp.jpg

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo

And we keep the porch light on for all our friends who haven't been here for awhile and we await their return.

St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time--a day to begin transforming winter's dreams into summer magic. --Adrienne Cook
qLG4dp.jpg

Yeah, but it seems it's a 45th of February, not a March :) But I have to tins of dark beer and a bottle of fry red here, so there's no needs for me to leave flat and walking at the frost... Happy St. Patrick's Day! :)

I don’t go to church often, but every time I have gone to church since my husband died, I have been overwhelmed by thoughts of him. And he was next door to an atheist.

So, I listened to Mass, barely kept my tears in, had my good cry after, and wondered all day why the good hubby is haunting me through the Catholic Church.

Maybe I should try Lutheran churches, synagogues, and mosques. See if he follows me there.

I work in a Catholic School. But I was raised Lutheran. I just wonder what’s going on. Church shouldn’t remind me of my husband.

I work in a Catholic School. But I was raised Lutheran. I just wonder what’s going on. Church shouldn’t remind me of my husband.

Perhaps you haven't completed the grieving process, and this is a good thing? I honestly don't know. But I do understand those kinds of feelings coming up and I'm sending you some comforting hugs across the miles.

And while we are at it, this hostest who often isn't the mostest, missed gallantwarrior 's birthday on March 9. And I have quasi-maybe close but not accurate birthday dates for Ridgerunner , Divine.Wind , and saveliberty all grouped from February 29 through the first part of March.

So for all these stellar gentlemen and important members of the Coffee Shop:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (in alphabetical order) DIVINE WIND, GALLANTWARRIOR, RIDGERUNNER, and SAVELIBERTY!!!!!

525327_497171650319215_499452171_n.jpg

Perhaps you haven't completed the grieving process, and this is a good thing? I honestly don't know. But I do understand those kinds of feelings coming up and I'm sending you some comforting hugs across the miles.

Without trying to be contrary (but perhaps somehow sounding like it anyway), I don’t even know what a completed grieving process would look like. If it means not thinking of him, I’ll keep grieving.

It’s getting easier.... I’m moving on in ways that I can, at a pace I can. And I appreciate the hug, and the listening “ear.” :)

Without trying to be contrary (but perhaps somehow sounding like it anyway), I don’t even know what a completed grieving process would look like. If it means not thinking of him, I’ll keep grieving.

It’s getting easier.... I’m moving on in ways that I can, at a pace I can. And I appreciate the hug, and the listening “ear.” :)

A completed grieving process means that you have more good memories of a person than sad/angry/frustrated ones at the person's passing and you feel restored as yourself. And it does take time and a whole process: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance and probably we aren't fully aware when it is finally completed. Sometimes we get through it fairly quickly. And sometimes it takes a long time. My mom has been gone 35 years now and sometimes the feeling of missing her really hits me hard. But it is generally short lived and passes. I was estranged from my father and I didn't know he had passed until several weeks afterward when I got the word. So there was no grief process at all for me there--that was also decades ago--and I don't know that such was a healthy thing for me. But I can't change it so oh well.

It’s getting easier.... I’m moving on in ways that I can, at a pace I can. And I appreciate the hug, and the listening “ear.” :)[/QUOTE]

th

done and done

:smiliehug:

I have a short paper to do for school in which I am supposed to document and talk about people's response to a question. So, if anyone feels like answering:

What is the most American art form you can think of, and why?

:)

I have a short paper to do for school in which I am supposed to document and talk about people's response to a question. So, if anyone feels like answering:

What is the most American art form you can think of, and why?

:)
Jazz.

Popular song was once influenced by folk music and folk music was born of separate regions all around the world.

Americans and only Americans are an amalgam of these regions. Americans, and only Americans deconstructed the folk song genre and reassembled it into a form and structure never heard before.

Jazz reflects our freedom of thought, our creativity and our national story of repression, coupled with freedom of expression and stirred with our polyglot national heritage.

Jazz then spread around the globe making the world familiar and amenable to our new and unique national culture.

It has been said that the three greatest American inventions are baseball, the constitution and jazz music. I'll take that list as a metric to qualify Americanism every day.

Forum List

Back